• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Information About the School:
Tower Academy a pokemon academy located in the Johto region on its own island. This academy works off of a system of dorms and ranks. There are three dorms: Entei Red, Raikou Yellow, and Suicune Blue. To go further there are two ranks. Ho-oh rank and Lugia rank with Ho-oh being the higher rank. The sorting of ranks and dorms is supposedly done by personality tests, battle exams and so on that the students do before entering. During their first year they take basic classes, by their second year if they have decided what they wish to be, then they take classes based around that aspiration. The dorm heads, three teachers at the school are considered some of the strongest trainers, said to rival the E4 and maybe even the champions. Another thing to note about the school is that they don't accept anyone that has traveled on a journey.

Other super important things THAT YOU NEED TO READ:
So I noticed a lot of new people to the section and figured there should be something to help them accustom to RPing here. Simply you will be a new student in the RP unless stated otherwise. There will be second years played by me and others I have chosen, some can request to do this too, but I will only allow a few select people. Basically we will help those who are new get accustomed to RPing here by giving advice outside of the RP, about their skills, and in the RP our characters will help yours. And through them we will work to point out odd things or large flaws with characters.

School Uniforms:
Its simply a jacket. The jackets are all basic with hoods. Ho-oh ranked ones reach the knees, while lugia are waist length. Ho-oh have feather prints on the back like those of Ho-oh. The same with Lugia though the prints resemble Lugia's. Each dorm has its own color. Red is red colored with white seams and a fire emblem over the heart. Yellow is well yellow with black seems and a lightening bolt over the heart. Blue is blue with purple seams and a water emblem over the heart.

So now onto the rules:

-All BMG rules apply
-No Godmodding
-No Bunnying
-Romance is fine but keep it PG-13
-I'm GM so my word goes
-If you have any ideas feel free to PM me them

Name: First and Last
Aspiration: Trainer, Coordinator, Breeder etc. Whatever you can think of thats pokemon related. If you want to leave this as undecided then feel free to. Tower Academy is meant to help trainers choose their aspiration.
Year: First or Second
Appearance:
Personality: I need a decent idea for this, but don't worry you don't need to remain accurate because your character should be changing and developing through the RP.
History:For those playing second years I won't force you to do this because publicly since we will need to adjust our characters histories to the fact that they've been at the school for a year already.
Pokemon: Two to three no legendaries. Include Nickname if has one, species, gender and ability. Also only six moves. Up to six if you are a second year. If your character has some reason to have more or less than two-three and is a first year then talk to me and I may allow it depending on your reason.
Other: Anything that doesn't go above.
Theme Song: Because why the heck not.
Battle Scene: Write this out between you and one of the academy's examiners. This is watched by everyone trying to join the academy. You should win but make it realistic. Don't KO their pokemon in one hit. They have the following pokemon: Raticate, Beedrill, Bibarrel, Gulpin, Fletchling, Numel, Lombre, Nuzleaf, and Dedenne. Obviously second years don't need to do this.

*No mega evolutions

My SUs:
Name: Rafe Seraph
Sexuality: Love at first sight regardless of gender.
Aspiration: Coordinator/Battler
Year: Second
Appearance: Rafe stands tall at 6’5’’ with long straight jet black hair that reaches his knees, and emerald green eyes. For clothing he prefers to wear knee length boots with black pants tucked into them. His shirts are usually long sleeve button ups wore under his school coat. His is notably different than the norm as his jacket has two tails that reach his knees. The seams are a matching blue to the jacket’s blue, and on the back a Ho-oh feather print, and Lugia feather print, overlap.
Personality: Rafe is blunt and honest about his feelings. He never hides anything unless he feels it’s for a good reason. He generally tries to avoid people but somehow always ends up surrounded by them. He has no problem showing his emotions…though he doesn’t generally do so ironically. He is very caring towards others that aren’t his father or brother, or someone that annoys him and is actually willing to help, usually to his chagrin. He is often roped into tasks he does not want to do by friends and teachers. However in the end he is seen as a leader and acts like one, doing his best to the best of his abilities, usually trying to keep the peace. He has a large hate against unfaithfulness.
History: Rafe was raised by his grandparents in Kalos as his parents split up the day he was born, and his mother was very busy with her work. His father had cheated on his mother thus as he grew up and learned this he had a strong dislike for his father as well as his half-brother that came about from the infidelity. Anyways as he grew up his family had connections to a royal family of a small town, their connections being them being descendants of the family. Thus he grew up in a castle until ten when some thieves broke in. He watched as they swiftly killed his grandparents, unable to move fast enough to save them. When the thieves went for him, he defended himself, mercilessly killing the two of them. From a window he saw the legendary Xerneas staring at the scene. He asked it to help his grandparents, begging it to save their lives, remembering it to be the pokémon of life, but it refused, causing Rafe to loathe it.
He then went to live with his mother in Ecruteak city where after he broke his arm, he met a boy in the hospital that was quite sickly. The two became close friends. At twelve when in the forest by the city they got lost, being helped by a gastly and smeargle. The two bonded with the pokémon and thus they became their first partners. At fourteen Rafe moved back to Kalos with his mother, and at fifteen he attended Tower Academy for the first year.
Pokemon: Angel-Haunter-Male-Levitate-Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Shadow Punch, Mean Look, Night Shade
Protecteur-Golurk-Genderless-Iron Fist-Shadow Ball, Drain Punch, Iron Defense, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Magnitude.
Nymphia-Sylveon-Female-Cute Charm-Fairy Wind, Moon Blast, Swift, Return, Wish, Misty Terrain

Other: I will update his pokémon as the RP goes on because I’m still deciding on them but he does have six ^^; He is double ranked, and marks the only one like this. This is so I have a leader position.
Theme Song:
[video=youtube;5_LxyhCJpsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_LxyhCJpsM[/video]
Battle Scene: Too lazy for this but I’ll do it later for you guys. For now just wanted this up as an example.

DORMS
Entei Red Ho-oh

Raikou Yellow Ho-oh
Nychto Noxeti
Richard Blake

Suicune Blue Ho-oh
Shiraz Bordeaux
Alice Starling
Tiarra Jackson

Entei Red Lugia
Juliet Starling
Ian Blake
Kayde Blanche
Fin Wave
Imera Helianen
Scott Mitt
Sharda Dragon

Raikou Yellow Lugia
Abigail Harris
Harold Jackson
Rafi Eludicate

Suicune Blue Lugia

Roommates:

Fin Wave & Ian Blake
Imera Helianen & Sharda Dragon
Scott Mitt & Kaybe Blanche
Abigail Harris & Mw Deviant

Anyone not listed is single roomed if Ho-oh ranked or has an NPC as a roommate right now. Just avoid mentioning them too often if you have an NPC.

Last edited:
I'm reserving this spot. I'll post my character after I finish her sign up. :3

Name: Shiraz Bordeaux (nickname is Raz)
Sexuality: Asexual
Aspiration: N/A
Year: First
Appearance: Spiky black hair with dark mahogany streaks. Fair skin, silver eyes with hints of aquamarine. He wears a Skillet tee under his school jacket and ripped gray jeans. Dons a pair of black vans. Raz is rather tall and wiry, and is more agile than he is strong. He also doesn't weigh that much. He has bandage wraps along his forearms that lead to most his hands, probably from trying to get stronger.
Personality: He is rather quiet, but his appearance speaks loudly. He practically has no friends, being described as a 'lone wolf'. Raz dislikes talkative people, and really hates flying types with a passion. Strangely, in contrast to his quiet personality, likes rock bands such as Skillet. Socializing was never a skill he had possessed. (Sorry that it's so short D:)
History:Raz lived in a small cottage along the shore of Azalea Town with his mother and father. Up until he was three, he was a happy kid. But that was before his parents died. A large flock of Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Skarmory began to fight on the nearby route. Their retaliatations caused a massive tornado, which tore up Raz's house viciously. He was playing in the Ilex Forest, when this happened, and his parents were killed by the tornado. Raz came home, only to find his house ripped to smithereens. The only family he had left was a cousin in Goldenrod. Raz never learned her name. She never conversed with him, because she thought he'd be too sad to talk. He grew up in a vague life of loneliness and distrust. He lived with his cousin, who often never talked to him. He grew up with no friends because no kids lived in the giant city (or at least his part of it), so he learned to defend his brittle mind with emotional barriers. His cousin often took him to the Daycare on the nearby route to see the Pokémon. He attended the Tower Academy - or rather, his cousin sent him - to learn more about Pokemon. He met his partner in the Ilex Forest, a Shelmet, and caught two other Pokemon; a Totodile and a Larvitar. Since then, his Pokemon have evolved.
Pokemon: Accelgor / Male / Sticky Hold / Mean Look / X Scissor / Dark Pulse / Headbutt / Giga Drain / Protect
Croconaw / Male / Sheer Force / Crunch / Ice Fang / Thunder Fang / Waterfall / Water Pulse / Scary Face
Pupitar / Male / Shed Skin / Protect / Harden / Iron Defense / Take Down / Stone Edge / Rock Slide
Other: N/A
Theme Song: Monster - Skillet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06LXZQwkrc)
Battle Scene: "Hey kid. We heard you applied," the adviser called at him. "More like my cousin did.." Raz grumbled in protest. "We need to test you first." the man continued, sending out a Fletching. Narrowing his eyes, he tossed the Pokéball holding Pupitar. "Iron Defense, now!" Raz called. The Fletching runs head on at Pupitar, ramming it with a tackle. "Take Down, Pupitar!" the Pokémon glowed blue, charging the Fletchling. This Fletchling was /really quick. As it tried again, the Pupitar charged, the Fletchling dodged. "Air Slash!" The Pupitar skidded halfway down the field from the Fletchling's Air Slash attack. Grimacing, Raz shouted, "Protect! Now!" The shell of the Pokemon gained a thick screen of protection as the Fletching used a Quick Attack. "Okay; Take Down! The Fletchling smacked into the ground as Pupitar landed on top of it. The Fletchling used Wing Attack, pushing the other Pokemon away. "Stone Edge!" Raz cried out desperately. The Fletchling was fast, but not quick enough. Penetrating rocks launched into the air, jabbing the bird mercilessly. The Fletchling fluttered to the ground, slowly standing up. Defeated, it collapsed in a fainted manner. Returning Pupitar, Raz stared blankly at the examiner.

Last edited:
@ThatCrazyArtist; Okay there are some things that need to be fixed. History explains nothing. Like how did he end up living with his cousin? And why did his cousin never talk to him? Why did he have no friends? Those are details that define a character a lot. Also it doesn't give a clear indication of where he is from. Now these are smaller things-This isn't a problem with the SU, but its a good thing to have in appearance: Some indication of height and body type. Such as he was tall and lanky. Considering I want to leave room for characters to grow and change, the personality isn't too big a deal, but I would like a little more if possible. Maybe some likes dislikes, how he interacts with others. Your pokemon are fine, all generations are allowed, just not legendaries or mega evolutions, in other words no one should have a mega ring. And you have seven moves on your accelegor. And lastly could you do the battle from the beginning so I can see how he fared the whole time. Its part of how I'm judging their ranks and dorms. Sorry if I'm being picky ^^;

Name: Nathan (Nate Parker)

Sexuality: Straight
Aspiration: Trainer - Gym Leader
Year: Second

Appearance: Nathan is of average height for his age, around 5"10, and of average build but, leaning towards the skinny side. He has straight brown hair that falls to just above his shoulders. Most people tend to view him as being handsome. He enjoys wearing the colors that match his favorite Pokémon type, ground; this is typically, brown pants or jeans with an earth-colored shirt. Shirts depending on the weather, sweater for cold, t-shirt for hot. He also has glasses that he reads with and he sometimes wears a scarf if it’s cold.

Personality: Nathan's personality has changed over time, what once was energetic and easily upset is now calm and collected. He rarely loses his temper or gets upset with people. He does exhibit some anti-social tendencies but, once people get to know him, they realized he's a nice guy. He usually appears bored and generally unimpressed with most things, accompanied by an extremely sarcastic sense of humor.

History: Just something brief, he's from Goldenrod City in Johto and always aspired to be a Gym Leader.

Pokemon: Vibrava (M) Levitate, Moves: Dragonbreath, Sandtomb, Crunch, Earth Power, RockSlide
Gastrodon East (M) - Storm Drain, Moves: Surf, Earth Power, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Sludge Bomb
Stunfisk (M) - Static, Moves: Thunderbolt, Muddy Water, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Camoflage

Other: Anything that doesn't go above.
Theme Song: Uh, I can't think of anything.

I would also like to reserve a First Year spot as I work on his/her sign-up.

And do we have to show the battle against all of the examiner's pokemon?

Last edited:
@ThatCrazyArtist; Okay there are some things that need to be fixed. History explains nothing. Like how did he end up living with his cousin? And why did his cousin never talk to him? Why did he have no friends? Those are details that define a character a lot. Also it doesn't give a clear indication of where he is from. Now these are smaller things-This isn't a problem with the SU, but its a good thing to have in appearance: Some indication of height and body type. Such as he was tall and lanky. Considering I want to leave room for characters to grow and change, the personality isn't too big a deal, but I would like a little more if possible. Maybe some likes dislikes, how he interacts with others. Your pokemon are fine, all generations are allowed, just not legendaries or mega evolutions, in other words no one should have a mega ring. And you have seven moves on your accelegor. And lastly could you do the battle from the beginning so I can see how he fared the whole time. Its part of how I'm judging their ranks and dorms. Sorry if I'm being picky ^^;

Edited.

I would also like to reserve a First Year spot as I work on his/her sign-up.

Yes because it's how I decide what your characters dorm and rank is.
@ThatCrazyArtist; Accepted.

@Terram Validus; I can tell without reading your SU that you didn't read what I wrote, you didn't understand what I was saying despite an example being in front of you, or you just assumed something.

Last edited:
Be fair, there's a lot to misunderstand, there's a lot that's not clear.
There's nothing wrong with reserving a spot via post, I hope, then coming back in to edit the post with the application.
And then, should we assume the Examiner's 'Mon all have standard moves for their level? Except... wait, what are their levels? Oh, what should the levels of our pokemon be? Since a trainer can generally only have up to six Pokemon on their person at any given time, should we break the battles up into three groups of three? Or one group of five, and another group of four? Or because this is a special case, should we just go at it all at once?
When you say, "Also only six moves," do you mean only six moves split up among all of the character's Pokemon? As in six moves, total? For a character with three 'mon, that's only two moves per 'mon. Or is it only six moves each? But wait, can't Pokemon usually only know up to four moves? But otherwise, why would you specify, "Up to six if you are a second year."

Also, it wasn't clear to me at first what we were supposed to do with the jackets. Since the outfit is the only thing you've told us about the school (that and that it's a vocational school), I was a little freaked out because I wasn't sure how I was supposed to decide what rank and dorm I was supposed to put my character in. I know, now, because apparently the Examination Battle is what you'll use to sort us, and you will be the one sorting us.

So... since that's pretty important, can we have a little more info about the Examination? Also, I'm new to Pokemon roleplaying, hence why I'm here-- how does one roleplay both sides of a 12-pokemon Battle, without it getting dreadfully dull?

Be fair, there's a lot to misunderstand, there's a lot that's not clear.
There's nothing wrong with reserving a spot via post, I hope, then coming back in to edit the post with the application.

[And then, should we assume the Examiner's 'Mon all have standard moves for their level? Except... wait, what are their levels? Oh, what should the levels of our pokemon be? Since a trainer can generally only have up to six Pokemon on their person at any given time, should we break the battles up into three groups of three? Or one group of five, and another group of four? Or because this is a special case, should we just go at it all at once?
When you say, "Also only six moves," do you mean only six moves split up among all of the character's Pokemon? As in six moves, total? For a character with three 'mon, that's only two moves per 'mon. Or is it only six moves each? But wait, can't Pokemon usually only know up to four moves? But otherwise, why would you specify, "Up to six if you are a second year."

Also, it wasn't clear to me at first what we were supposed to do with the jackets. Since the outfit is the only thing you've told us about the school (that and that it's a vocational school), I was a little freaked out because I wasn't sure how I was supposed to decide what rank and dorm I was supposed to put my character in. I know, now, because apparently the Examination Battle is what you'll use to sort us, and you will be the one sorting us.

So... since that's pretty important, can we have a little more info about the Examination? Also, I'm new to Pokemon roleplaying, hence why I'm here-- how does one roleplay both sides of a 12-pokemon Battle, without it getting dreadfully dull?

-_-;

The battles are anime style, and unlike the games, where the pokemon know four moves, in this they know up to six. Level does not matter. The first years are on the same level, while second years are on the same level, then the teachers are above both. The battle scene is something you write, choosing what pokmeon of the examiner you want to battle under the assumption of something like this:

Julian stepped forward as his name was called. The examiner released a raticate, Julian himself released his rotom.

And then write out a short battle scene. I also use personality and history to judge. Which I get to choose the dorms and ranks because simply, I'm the GM-game master. I control the RP. The uniform is simply a jacket they will get in the RP indicating their rank and dorm. They wear this jacket over their normal clothes.First years have two to three pokemon, while second years can have up to six. If you join you would be a first year. Did I miss anything?

Finished.

Younger Twin: Juliet, the attention seeker.

Name: Juliet 'Jules' Starling
Sexuality: Bisexual
Aspiration: Undecided. Something that provides her a lot of attention though.

Appearance: Juliet takes after her mother, with beautiful blonde hair and sparkling light blue eyes with a stunning smile. Her chest size isn't large, but noticable. Juliet's looks and appearance all serve to draw in the attention she loves so much, and her attire changes to match the occasion as well, but always serves to compliment her petite and feminine frame.

Personality: Juliet loves attention, and will seek it at any opportunity she can. She can be narcistic at times, and can try and turn attention towards herself when she finds the opportunity. Despite being narcistic, Juliet is not a bad person, and does actually care for other people, though it might not always seem that way. She loves to perform, and continues to take after her mother with her skills in the arts. She has an affinity for 'pretty' things and often frets about petty details involving her wardrobe. She has a minor case of OCD to go along with this.
Juliet is a bit of a ditz at times, and can sometimes not understand something that a normal person might pick up straight off the bat. Likewise, Juliet is not exactly the brightest student. Juliet is outgoing, and will not hesitate to speak to speak to a stranger as though they are a long time family friend.
Juliet does have a small temper, becoming easily frustrated when she can't get something to work or feels extremely ignored. When she does, she often goes off on her own and pouts, not knowing how to handle her problems in an appropriate manner.

History: The younger of the Starling twins, her father died when the two were three from a car crash, leaving their only connection with him instilled in two Pokemon he had breed specifically for them. Their mother, having no living family and being a succesful actress in the film industry, took the two on the road with her, refusing to leave them at home with some random stranger. The twins were drawn into the limelight, and each began to change from the attention in a different way. Juliet ate up the attention, desiring it more and more whenever she could get it, and learned to play it in her favor. When the twins were of age, their mother decided to send them to Tower Academy, the same school she had attended many years ago.

Pokemon:

1) Jigglypuff
Nickname: 'Pink'
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Sing/Dazzling Gleam/Attract/Disarming Voice/Pound/Wake-up-Slap

2) Swablu
Nickname: Melody
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Round/Mist/Perish Song/Dragon Pulse/Echoed Voice/Double Team

Theme Song: Circus- Britanny Spears

Battle Scene:

As her name was called, Juliet stepped forward towards the examiner, waving at all of the students watching and then bowing at the adminstrator she was to face, who raised a brow at the blonde's actions.

"Of course I get the nut job..." the man grumbled. "You ready kid?"

"Naturally," the blonde smiled, reaching for the lone Pokeball on her belt. She clicked the button, and upon tossing it into the air, a Jigglypuff materialized on the floor, waving to the audience around the room as her trainer caught the Pokeball behind her back and smoothly placed it back on her belt.

The adminstrator sighed before releasing his own: a Beedrill. The bug-type fluttered about, jamming it stingers into the air, as though mentally preparing itself for battle. "You can have the first move."

"Very well, then!" Juliet giggled. "Pink, charm it with your Disarming Voice!"

The puffball nodded, taking in a breath of air and then releasing it in a sigh, sending out a visual wave of sound straight toward its opponent.

"Dodge and use Poison Sting!" The Beedrill was just quick enough to dodge the attack. Aiming its stingers, the bug fired several small shots of poison directly at the Jigglypuff, sending it rolling back a few feet flat on its face.

"Pink!" Juliet gasped, placing a hand over her mouth. From the puffball came the low, but audible sound of crying. The Beedrill looked confused as to why the Jigglypuff was beginning to cry, and the bug lowered its defenses as it observed the Pokémon, despite the administrator's protests. The Jigglypuff looked up at the Beedrill, giving it a sad, adorable expression and blinking its eyes in a cute fashion.

The Beedrill grew dizzy, pressing one of its stingers to its chest. W-what was this feeling? W-Was it...love?

The Jigglypuff's expression changed into one of mischief as its cute charm ability kicked in. Juliet smiled at the scheme, clapping her hands together excitedly. "Good job, Pink! Now use your marvelous, Dazzling Beam!" Taking in a breath, Pink opened its mouth, unleashing a bright gleam that nailed the infatuated Beedrill, who seemed to pay the pain that followed no mind as it fell to the ground dizzily. The Beedrill staggered back up, drooling at the sight of the Jigglypuff, who jumped up and down at the hit.

"Aw great," the administrator groaned, pressing his hand to his temple.

"Finish it with one more attack! Dazzling Gleam!" The Jigglypuff obeyed, and the Beedrill could do little to dodge in its present state, taking the attack directly and falling to the ground unconscious, leaving the blonde and her puffball, victorious, as the two turned towards the other students and bowed.

Older Twin: Alice, the wallflower.

Name: Alice Starling
Aspiration: Undecided

Appearance: Unlike her sister, Alice has black hair taken from her father, with pink highlights in her bangs and a flat chest that she has nothing to say about. However, similar to her sister, she has deep blue eyes, and her body shape does resemble that of her mother's. Very petite and feminine. She wears a darker and simpler wardrobe, usually consisting of a pair of jeans and a dark colored top. Her hair isn't too long, but is long enough it can be tied back into a ponytail when she wants it to be.

Personality: Alice is the complete opposite of Juliet. Alice does not care for surplus attention, and prefers to stay at the back of crowds rather than be what creates them. The ravenette enjoys to spend her time in peace, reading a book or playing with her Riolu. She usually will not speak her mind unless asked, and does not speak unless spoken to, except in the cases of people that she is really familiar with. Alice can come off as antisocial, but sadly, this is not the case. The overexposure to the press has affected her deeper than her mother would have liked, and thus, she tries not to draw any more attention than necessary, and can occasionally be a bit more humble than need be.
For all of this, Alice is very bright, and can understand things that most people her age couldn't. All of her time alone with books she has picked up on her travels has given her a vast amount of knowledge on a wide variety of topics. The girl occasionally ponders on applying this skill to different areas, but most often ponders about battling with it.
To those who truly know Alice, for how quiet she actually acts hides a fiery and confident personality. She refuses to show it, out of fear of attention, but it occasionally has its way of making itself known, and when it does, the true star she is comes to the light.

History: The older of the Starling twins, Alice shares most of her upbringing with her sister, following her mother on the road after the death of the twins' father. However, she developed a different view to the attention than her sister did. The swarms of reporters that began to follow her and her family around scared her, after being accustomed to a quite lifestyle back home with her father. On one such occasion, she was swarmed to the point she almost suffocated from the amount of pressure around her, leaving her with a fear of tight spaces. When her mother would perform, Alice would stay back stage or in whatever hotel the family was currently residing, reading a book or playing with the Riolu left to her by her dad. It was largely out of concern for Alice's reserved habits that the twins' mother decided to send the pair to Tower Academy. She hoped that sending Alice there might get her to break out of her shell and hopefully provide her some friends.

Pokemon:

1) Lucario
Nickname: Hiro
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Ice Punch/Blaze Kick/Force Palm/Counter/Bone Rush/Quick Attack

2) Umbreon
Nickname: Luna
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Moonlight/Dark Pulse/Headbutt/Confuse Ray/Feint Attack

Other: Claustrophobic
Theme Song: Look Away- Thousand Foot Krutch (Thousand Foot Krutch - Look Away - YouTube)

Battle Scene:

As her name was called, Alice took a moment to breath. The Lucario at her side placed a palm against her own, serving to calm her nerves and allow her to put a small smile on her face. "Thank's Hiro. Let's do this."

The administrator watched as the girl stepped forward, looking at the information in the folder she was currently reading. "Alice Starling...isn't your mom-"

"Yeah," Alice answered, cutting the teacher off before she could continue any further. "Can we get this over with?"

The administrator nodded, putting aside the information and swapping it for a Pokeball on the table beside her. The teacher clicked the button on the orb, and out popped a Pokémon she had only seen in books. A Dedenne. The small mouse squeaked with excitement and then emitted a small electrical discharge, getting on all fours and preparing itself for battle.

"Hiro, I'll let you handle this," Alice told her friend, turning towards the steel type and giving it a smile. The Lucario nodded stepping forward and closing its eyes at it became mentally focused for its first real battle.

"Dedenne, use Thunderbolt!" The mouse nodded, sending a bright shot of electricity at the fighting-type.

"Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Alice called. The Lucario faded from where it had been, effectively dodging the attack and appearing a few feet away, arms spread and ready to move. "Let's go! Use Bone Rush!"

"Dedenne, intercept with Rough Play!" The mouse ran forward and tackled its opponent before its bone could effectively form, rolling it along the ground and knocking it down. The electric-fairy then jumped away, eagerly awaiting its next command.

"Hiro, are you okay?" Alice asked, crouching down and offering the Pokémon her signature smile. The steel-type nodded and sprung back up, much more determined to deliver its retribution. "Alright, let's try it again. Bone Rush!"

"You don't learn," the administrator laughed. "Rough Play!"

The Dedenne went to attack, and upon hearing the command, Alice laughed. "Not this time, block it with Ice Punch!"

The Lucario nodded, and just as the Dedenne leapt up to tackle him, the Aura Pokémon shoved its fist forward, covered in a cold to the touch blue glow and stopped it, freezing the Pokémon mid-attack.

"L-lucky," the administrator stuttered, taking a step back.

"Now! Bone Rush!" The Lucario created its weapon, a bone-shaped rod of energy, and proceeded to strike the mouse multiple times, shattering the ice upon the third blow and sending it sprawling back, collapsed in exhaustion in front of its trainer. As the teacher recalled her Pokémon, Alice walked over to her Lucario, wrapping her arms around it and giving it a tight hug.

"Good job, my Hiro," she chuckled, to which the Lucario nodded in respect.

Last edited:
Did I miss anything?
Yes, this:

Yes because it's how I decide what your characters dorm and rank is.

The battle scene is something you write, choosing what pokmeon of the examiner you want to battle

Which is it? Do we assume it's a battle to exhaustion (all the character's pokemon are KO'd), or does the examiner use a select number? Is it a set battle, or could we potentially go through all nine opposing Pokemon? Or to rephrase,

"Do we have to show the battle against all of the examiner's pokemon," or is it "something we write, choosing what pokemon of the examiner we want to battle"?

:/

Okay, here's my 2nd year like you requested. :3

Name: Abigail Harris
Aspiration: Trainer
Year: Second Year

Appearance: Abby stands at about 5'4 and weighs close to 120 pounds. She wears a white, buttoned up, long sleeve blouse, and dark denim jeans. She also wears brown fashion boots. She has straight, auburn brown hair that goes to the middle of her back, blue eyes, fair skin, and freckles. She wears a gold necklace that has a cross on it, as it was a gift from her adopted father. Her face is a heart-shape, and she has pale pink lips. She has a slender frame.

Personality: Kind of quiet when you first meet her, but will eventually open up. She also has trust issues due to some personal issues in her past. She doesn't know much about making friends, or even having a relationship. So, her social skills are very underdeveloped. She tends to have a habit of humming or stuttering whenever she is in uncomfortable situations. All she really wants is to have friends and a real relationship. She just needs to figure out how to get past her Asparagus Syndrome and make it happen. During her first year at the academy, she was simply put, a little shit. She was even stupid enough to get into an argument with one of the teachers on the first day. However, she's calmed down since then...we hope. One thing is that she is very self-conscious of her body. Being a slender body type, she doesn't have many 'feminine' curves, and she feels like she was cursed with small breasts. She does have a self-esteem issue regarding her appearance and body as well.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Teddy
Species: Ursaring
Ability: Guts
Moves: Slash, Strength, Facade, Play Rough, Hone Claws, Feint Attack

Nickname: Phoenix
Species: Blaziken
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Sky Uppercut, Flare Blitz, Mirror Move Brave Bird, Night Slash, Bulk Up

Nickname: Serenity
Species: Milotic
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Aqua Ring, Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Dragon Pulse, Toxic

Nickname: Jupiter
Species: Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Double Kick, Pin Missle, Dig, Bite

Nickname: Tiny
Species: Rufflet
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Brave Bird, Crush Claw, Super Power, Rock Slide, Attract

Theme song: “Burn” by Ellie Goulding (Ellie Goulding - Burn lyrics - YouTube )

Battle Scene:

“Go, Tiny!” Abby spoke as she released her Rufflet onto the field. The Examiner threw out a Lombre. Abby figured this would be easy. However, she was in for a rude awakening.

“Let's do this! Use Fake Out!” the examiner called, as the Lombre dashed towards Tiny, and clapped his hands. It sent a giant shock wave towards the Rufflet. Tiny flapped his wings as he tried to fly above the blow, but failed. The shock sent Tiny flying, but he quickly regained composure.

“Now, use Brave Bird!” Abby ordered. She knew it was a reckless move, but she needed to take this Lombre out quickly. It was a threat. Tiny began glowing as he flew up towards the ceiling. When he got enough altitude for his tastes, he swooped down towards Lombre. The examiner chuckled as he knew the Rufflet's fate was sealed.

“Teeter Dance,” he spoke. The Lombre began dancing wildly, causing the Rufflet to stop mid flight and stare at the obscure moves. He began getting confused and fell to the ground, injuring himself some.

“Tiny!” Abby yelled, “Come on, snap out of it!” Tiny chirped as he tried to shake off the confusion. It was a futile effort.

“Finish this off with Hydro Pump!” The Examiner commanded. Lombre opened his mouth as a giant blast of water shot out, sending the Rufflet into the wall. The eaglet fell from the wall and landed face first into the ground. It was clear that the battle had been lost. Abby ran over to Tiny and picked him up. The examiner smirked as he returned the victorious Lombre.

I might put something together for this but how can I have six Pokemon if I haven't gone on a journey?

Name: Nychto Noxeti (He prefers to be called “N” ;3)
Aspiration: Ice Gym Leader

Appearance: N stands at about 5’8”, so he is a little short for his age, and has a pretty average build. He has short spiky white hair that points backwards and pale skin. His eyes however are icy blue that seems to stare into the soul of those he meets. He usually wears a windbreaker jacket that is the same color as his eyes, but he can also be seen with a sweater or down jacket of the same color. He wears shredded blue jeans and black snow boots.

Personality: N is diagnosed as mute, so he’s not quite the chatterbox. He uses a tablet-like device to type and display what he wants to say to other people as well as commands to his pokemon. He is often impassive and stays to himself since not many people can understand him. Those that do know him intimately said that he is really friendly and seldom gets angry. They also said that he is self-conscious about his condition, so it wouldn’t be a good idea to mention or comment about it.

History: Nychto was born to a single mother in the city of Blackthorn City, Johto. When he was born, the doctor had noticed that he wasn’t crying but still breathing. After a series of tests and examinations, N was diagnosed as being permanently mute. This had a lasting impact on his entire childhood for he wasn’t able to make any friends nor was he able to voice any of his opinions. He secretly yearned to go on a journey one day and one day when he was 10, tried to run away over the mountains of Dark Cave. N didn’t plan ahead of the weather, as a ferocious blizzard soon ensued over the range. His mother chased after his son, but eventually perished in the snowstorm. Meanwhile, N was cold and hungry, sitting in a cave awaiting his inevitable death. Suddenly, the boy heard the cry of a Pokémon and sure enough, a Froslass about his height approached him and offered to take him back to his home. When Nychto got back with the Snow Land Pokémon, he was surprised to have not seen his mother anywhere and called the cops. After a month of searching, the cops were forced to abandon their mission and pronounced N’s mother dead. Mourning the loss of his mother, he eventually decided that he would make his mother proud by becoming a gym leader, using the type that had taken her away. But in order to do that, he would need the necessary training. That was when he found an application for the Tower Academy and promptly signed up as the Froslass watched the whole time, smiling at her trainer’s efforts…

Pokémon
• Candice (Glaceon/Female/Ice Body); Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Dig, Hail, Quick Attack, Double Team
• Glacia (Froslass/Female/Cursed Body); Water Pulse, Attract, Destiny Bond, Wake Up Slap, Frost Breath, Psychic
• Wulfric (Bergmite/Male/Sturdy); Surf, Rock Slide, Avalanche, Rock Smash, Gyro Ball, Take Down

Other: Farfetch’d Is OP with a Stick + Leaf Blade/Slash/Night Slash.
Also, N is shown speaking with italics.

Theme Song: Primal Dialga Battle Theme Dark Dialga Battle Theme - YouTube

Battle Scene: The examiner first introduced himself as the guy who will be your final obstacle before taking out his poke ball and sending out a Beedrill, which continually jabbed at an invisible punching bag in the air. Nychto pondered for a moment before he took out his own poke ball and threw it up into the air. The Poke ball appeared to burst into blinding white light but a few seconds later, a Froslass was seen floating mere inches above the floor, moving side to side gently. “Boy, since you’re the applicant, I’ll let ya have the first attack. Well, what are ya waiting for?!” Nychto grinned and tapped his foot in series of patterns. The Froslass, which already knew the language, deciphered the tapping into the command Glacia, use Attract! The Snow Land Pokémon raised her hand and blew a kiss heart to the Beedrill, which unfortunately for the examiner, was male. When the heart came into contact with the Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokémon fell head over heels for the Froslass and flew around the Snow Land Pokémon trying to win her affection, unable to attack. The Froslass just simply giggled as she used Wake Up Slap on the Beedrill, which was knocked back a few meters and snapped out of his state. The Beedrill tried to get his revenge by using Twineedle and impaled Froslass twice. Froslass winced at the blows and in reaction used Frost Breath on the Poison Bee. Being at that range and the automatic critical hit, the damage was too much for the Beedrill as he fell onto the floor, wings still flittering and fainted. Nychto did a small fist bump and congratulated the Froslass, which just simply smiled at her trainer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom