• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Towns and Villages

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
How many do you guys think there will be? Will it be just the one village we see in the trailer? I can see there being small areas where natives of Sinnoh live.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
I think it'll just be the one town. The premise is supposed to be a wild, untamed Sinnoh before it was settled, so that town is probably the only one at the time.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
I feel like some of the towns will just be Poke-Ainu villages. Especially the older towns like Eterna, Celestic, the Amity Square ruins. Maybe Snowpoint. Other towns will just be small settlements probably just a shop and an inn and that's it.

Canalave will probably be the only major city due to its status as a port.

Other than that I don't see many towns being established.

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt that there aren't any people living in Sinnoh outside of the town we see in the trailer.
The professor who will be giving us our Starter got them by traveling across a bunch of different regions. How did they get to Sinnoh?
Unless the starter town is a port, there's at least one other settlement that we'll be able to go to.

As mentioned already, Hokkaido, the real-world region in Japan that Sinnoh is based on, is home to the Ainu, an indigenous group native to that area.
I will be beyond surprised if GameFreak doesn't include any settlements where their Poke'fied version of the Ainu reside. They live for these kinds of real-world references.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
I think there will be other towns, at the very least from other groups that have begun to settle there. There are also glimpses of ruins in the teaser, so your group is assuredly not the first to be in Sinnoh.

It will be interesting to see how much they pull from the real life story of the Ainu. I doubt they will make many direct references to history, since showing off Japan’s treatment of its indigenous peoples when they colonized Hokkaido isn’t really a great move.

A Solidly Ossified Braincase
Reaction score
Celestic Town should exist since it’s said to have been around since the earliest days of the Sinnoh region.

But that may not be the base town - someone on Twitter noticed a detail that might suggest that our base is in Solaceon:

Then again, if that’s the case, then the ruins should be right next door. Granted, we’ve really only seen the town from one angle, but at a glance, the ruins don’t seem to be there... but, if they are, then maybe that’s how all the Arceus business kicks off, via the Unown that live nearby.

Lovely
Reaction score
The routes around Snowpoint supposedly have common ghost stories so I think Snowpoint might be a town.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Celestic Town should exist since it’s said to have been around since the earliest days of the Sinnoh region.

But that may not be the base town - someone on Twitter noticed a detail that might suggest that our base is in Solaceon:

Then again, if that’s the case, then the ruins should be right next door. Granted, we’ve really only seen the town from one angle, but at a glance, the ruins don’t seem to be there... but, if they are, then maybe that’s how all the Arceus business kicks off, via the Unown that live nearby.
Technically, we do see it at another angle

th-video-2x.jpg

But conveniently the buildings are in the way of where the ruins would be.

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
But the village looks nothing like Celestic Town...

Empoleon Master Trainer
Reaction score
I’ve seen more people say that the village could be an early Eterna City.

I think we’ll have 3-4 towns/villages/settlements.

Canalave because it’s a port.

Eterna as they starting village.

Celestic because of the ruins/known to be one of the oldest places.

Snowpoint because also kind of a port but also somebody has to be up north in the snow I guess, I don’t really know lol.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few small settlements here and there, but I don't anticipate there being too many towns.

Reaction score
Here's a thought I don't see many bring up, since this is all about the expedition into Sinnoh what if after certain milestones the player's faction would start building mini towns around the map. Obviously the original would still be the main hub will all the features, but it would be handy to have somewhere to stop by without having to return back to the hub town every time you needed something (at least until you obtain fast travel I'm assuming). :unsure:

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Here's a thought I don't see many bring up, since this is all about the expedition into Sinnoh what if after certain milestones the player's faction would start building mini towns around the map. Obviously the original would still be the main hub will all the features, but it would be handy to have somewhere to stop by without having to return back to the hub town every time you needed something (at least until you obtain fast travel I'm assuming). :unsure:
Or perhaps small campsites. This would make sense.

Everybody has choices.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I'm now wondering if we could perhaps start our own village with resources. If there is online capability, maybe we can invite friends into our village and share decoration tips or just hang out. Or maybe help each other with the PokeDex.