• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Toxic love; Battle between Grimer/Muk vs. Gulpin/Swalot vs. Trubbish/Garbodor

Sanic Hegehog

Ur 2 Slow!!
Reaction score
088Grimer.png
089Muk.png

VS.
180px-316Gulpin.png
180px-317Swalot.png

VS.
180px-568Yabukuron_Dream.png
180px-569Dasutodasu_Dream.png

These Pokemon have a fair amount of similarities.

-All three are pure poison types
-All three have similar stats, notably decent attack and defenses but average to pathetic speed.
-Are part of a two stage evolution chain
-Are introduced in odd numbered generations (1st, 3rd, and 5th respectfully)
-All three are related to different types of toxins and filth (Sludge, stomach acid, and garbage respectfully)

Who would win a free for all brawl?
Who is the most disgusting awesome?

Vote here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Toxic love; Battle between Grimer/Muk vs. Gulpin/Swalot vs. Yabukuron/Dasutodasu

Dasutodasu is strangely appealing to me.

Re: Toxic love; Battle between Grimer/Muk vs. Gulpin/Swalot vs. Yabukuron/Dasutodasu

Muk has a horrible design.

Swalot isn't awesome but its way ahead of Muk.

Garbage bag sucks. Too goofy for me.

Swalot wins this poll.

I voted for Muk, but only because the others are far worse imo. None of these mons have good designs, but garbage and stomach acid are worse than toxic waste to me. bah, muk is basically the same design as grimer

Yabukuron and Dasutodasu are strangely appealing to me, too. I just love the idea of a garbage Pokemon and they are actually decent Pokemon battle-wise, believe it or not. Curse/Venom Shack Dasutodasu are deadly.

The Gulpin and Grimer lines are too simplistic for my tastes. No offence to their fans...

I prefer Grimer/Muk, to be honest.

The other two lines (Especially the one for B/W; no offense to anyone who likes it) just kinda freak me out.

I like Grimer/Muk the most, but I don't mind Yabukuron and Dasutodasu.

Not a fan of Gulpin/Swalot.

As much as I love Muk and his line, the garbage pile pokemon are so ridiculously funny that I have to like them more.

I'd say Swalot, as I think it's the most creative and has the best design.

Swalot has an underrated design, IMO. I find it to be delightfully goofy.
I don't want to vote Muk, cuz, well, you know what they say about Muk...
Dasutodasu is just NO. Yabukuron's okay though.

Last edited:

I'm really liking Yabukuron, it's very cute.

But, Gulpin/Swalot have always been favorites of mine.

There existed a thread on this, except on the basic stages of each: here. That said, I think I prefer Swalot, because he/she looks the most hygenic of the three of them.

Thanks for reading.

I prefer Yabukuron and Dasutodasu. They are kinda funny imo. Grimer and Muk are also nice, but I really dislike Gulpin and Swalot. Swalot looks very weird.

I really, really dislike Gulpin and Swalot. I hate them. It's borderline irrational. I'll go out of my way to KO any wild Gulpin I come across and I just can't bare to look at Swalot at all.

I have a soft spot for Grimer, and to a lesser extent, Muk.

I like the design and idea behind Yabukuron and Dasutodasu.

Over all, Grime tips the balance for me and the Gen I poison gets my vote.

It should be obvious who mines is, right?

It's my new favorite Pokemon D:

I like the other 2 families too, but not as much as Little Yabu's family.

The only reason I know Gulpin exists is because of Smash Bros., Dasutodasu looks like a turd ice cream with spinkles and topping, and Grimer/Muk are gloopy piles of slurry.

I like Muk because of the battle against the badass ninja Bellsprout at the Indigo League, and the way it looks like it's giving you the finger.

Grimer and Muk for me. I found them more appealing than the rest.

Lol @ thread title.

Muk, because the one Ash has is awesome and fun to watch (see: Bellsprout battle in Indigo League.)

Gulpin/Swalot are cute too, but I don't really care for the Garbage Mon.

Swalot. I really like it's in-game cry, and its moustache.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom