• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Toys 'R' Us giving away Shaymin in February: U.S. retailer opens Facebook event page

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Toys 'R' Us giving away Shaymin in February: U.S. retailer opens Facebook event page

Toys R Us has created a Facebook event page for a Shaymin giveaway to be held Feb. 8-14 in participating U.S. stores. Players of Pokémon Diamond or Pearl can obtain Shaymin from in-store DS Download Stations. The store will also distribute a coupon for $5 off any Pokémon Nintendo DS game and a free Pokémon poster.

Read more on Bulbanews

Mitch

aka Hakaku
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'll surely attend this wonderful event.

Tina

been a while but i'm still battlin'
Reaction score
Woooooo!

That's actually pretty soon.. I wonder when the Oak's Letter event is gonna be held for JP!Platinum. All I know is that it's in Spring 09 or something. :(

Is there anything released about its moveset or anything? Just curious. Hopefully it'll be identical to the JP movie Shaymin. I really, really don't want to have to grind to level 100 to get Seed Flare..

Ino-Chan

Sig By Blue Dragon
Reaction score
I'm glad that they arn't waiting for the Platinum game to come out.

bell02+

when you need more, have+
Reaction score
I'm glad that they arn't waiting for the Platinum game to come out.

Well, to be fair they didn't in Japan either...

it's funny, this kind of reminds me of when I was first playing Pokemon Blue, I was real excited to get high level pokemon, I thought it was so awesome, but now... I'm kind of wishing Nintendo would do something like release lv1-5 Jirachi, Shaymin, or Mew...

X Dragoon

The Kitty Overlord
Reaction score
YAY! Shaymin, a poster, AND $5 off! Now I'll probably get my 1st Mystery Dungeon game.

Kiratwig

Looking for a buddy
Reaction score
thats two legendaries from dpp now just arceus

X Dragoon

The Kitty Overlord
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's like 2010 in Japan and like 2011 in U.S.

Nekusagi

Badass office lady
Reaction score
I'm going for the poster.

And for the extra hedgehog (already have a cloned movie one).

X Dragoon

The Kitty Overlord
Reaction score
Probably of a poster of Giratina and Shaymin, I wouldn't mind that.

ShinyFlareon

bowtie coconut birb
Reaction score
Sweet! ^^ Anyone know if they're giving away the Shamyn itself, or allowing you to activate it's in-game event? Anyway, it's an event I can actually get to! Woo-hoo!

Mence Master

~Infinite-Heartless-Core~
Reaction score
I was actually the first person to know about this, outside of the people in the loop with it.
About time.
Pokemon.com may actually be referring to Regigigas though, not Shaymin.

X Dragoon

The Kitty Overlord
Reaction score
Sweet! ^^ Anyone know if they're giving away the Shamyn itself, or allowing you to activate it's in-game event? Anyway, it's an event I can actually get to! Woo-hoo!

You download it, just like the Darkrai, you get it ingame by using Wi-fi mystery gifts(Platinum only.)

Satochu

amateur
Reaction score
That is SO awesome! Any Pokemon DS game you say? Well, I have wanted to try out Mystery Dungeon for myself...or maybe Trozei. That's a cute puzzle game...

Memo326

Reaction score
Why? Why? Why?!

This always happens to me.

Last year I went to the US (I live in Mexico) exactly in the week sandwiched between the Darkrai event at Toys R' Us and the Deoxys event at Gamestop. I couldn't get either, obviously. I then went on vacation/study trip to Spain, but we were 3 days in London. Yes, the week before the Darkrai event at Woolsworth.

And now, just after my parents tell me we're going to McAllen, TX on February 2nd, Shaymin is announced to be distributed exactly one week later.

I hope I can convince them so we can go that week...

Oh, and if I go, and the $5 off is valid for later purchases, I'm saving them for Platinum.

TTEchidna

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. The $5 off being usable for Platinum... or a reservation thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.