• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Toys 'R' Us giving away Shaymin in February: U.S. retailer opens Facebook event page

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Toys 'R' Us giving away Shaymin in February: U.S. retailer opens Facebook event page

Toys R Us has created a Facebook event page for a Shaymin giveaway to be held Feb. 8-14 in participating U.S. stores. Players of Pokémon Diamond or Pearl can obtain Shaymin from in-store DS Download Stations. The store will also distribute a coupon for $5 off any Pokémon Nintendo DS game and a free Pokémon poster.

Read more on Bulbanews

Thanks for the info! I'll surely attend this wonderful event.

Woooooo!

That's actually pretty soon.. I wonder when the Oak's Letter event is gonna be held for JP!Platinum. All I know is that it's in Spring 09 or something. :(

Is there anything released about its moveset or anything? Just curious. Hopefully it'll be identical to the JP movie Shaymin. I really, really don't want to have to grind to level 100 to get Seed Flare..

I'm glad that they arn't waiting for the Platinum game to come out.

I'm glad that they arn't waiting for the Platinum game to come out.

Well, to be fair they didn't in Japan either...

it's funny, this kind of reminds me of when I was first playing Pokemon Blue, I was real excited to get high level pokemon, I thought it was so awesome, but now... I'm kind of wishing Nintendo would do something like release lv1-5 Jirachi, Shaymin, or Mew...

YAY! Shaymin, a poster, AND $5 off! Now I'll probably get my 1st Mystery Dungeon game.

thats two legendaries from dpp now just arceus

I'm pretty sure that's like 2010 in Japan and like 2011 in U.S.

I'm going for the poster.

And for the extra hedgehog (already have a cloned movie one).

Probably of a poster of Giratina and Shaymin, I wouldn't mind that.

Sweet! ^^ Anyone know if they're giving away the Shamyn itself, or allowing you to activate it's in-game event? Anyway, it's an event I can actually get to! Woo-hoo!

I was actually the first person to know about this, outside of the people in the loop with it.
About time.
Pokemon.com may actually be referring to Regigigas though, not Shaymin.

Sweet! ^^ Anyone know if they're giving away the Shamyn itself, or allowing you to activate it's in-game event? Anyway, it's an event I can actually get to! Woo-hoo!

You download it, just like the Darkrai, you get it ingame by using Wi-fi mystery gifts(Platinum only.)

That is SO awesome! Any Pokemon DS game you say? Well, I have wanted to try out Mystery Dungeon for myself...or maybe Trozei. That's a cute puzzle game...

Why? Why? Why?!

This always happens to me.

Last year I went to the US (I live in Mexico) exactly in the week sandwiched between the Darkrai event at Toys R' Us and the Deoxys event at Gamestop. I couldn't get either, obviously. I then went on vacation/study trip to Spain, but we were 3 days in London. Yes, the week before the Darkrai event at Woolsworth.

And now, just after my parents tell me we're going to McAllen, TX on February 2nd, Shaymin is announced to be distributed exactly one week later.

I hope I can convince them so we can go that week...

Oh, and if I go, and the $5 off is valid for later purchases, I'm saving them for Platinum.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. The $5 off being usable for Platinum... or a reservation thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom