• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb. 5

Toys 'R' Us has announced that participating stores in the United States will distribute an in-game representation of Ash's Pikachu from January 30 through February 5, 2011. The Pikachu will be available to all Generation IV games, though will not be distributed via Wi-Fi like a similar Japanese distribution earlier this year.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb

This gives me hope that goon's Scizor and Manaphy with lansat berry will be in before Black and White.

Re: Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb

Do BulbaBot Dream of Electric Bulbasaur?

I wasn't them expecting to do this one outside Japan.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't waste their already very limited remaining time with Gen IV on an event like this, which is only really a novelty and doesn't actually do anything. Why haven't any of the remaining 3 Pokewalker Courses gone up? A nation-wide retail giveaway seems like a lot of effort to go through for an event like Ash's Pikachu... distribution cartridges to produce and whatnot. Surely Wi-Fi would've been a better choice.

I was worried that they wouldn't distribute this event outside of Japan, too. Now I'm happy. It's a great treat for fans of both the games and the anime.

If only it knew "Aim for the horn"

Man, this will be a hell of a ....distribute.

Never thought they would do it....Oh well.

Sounds go--- oh, wait, I'm not in America.

First the Beasts, now this. Hopefully they go back to doing WiFi events soon.

As a fan of both generation IV AND the anime, I'm thrilled to get this.

Sounds go--- oh, wait, I'm not in America.

First the Beasts, now this. Hopefully they go back to doing WiFi events soon.
Hopefully I'll be getting six of each, so I'm open to trading for near nothing.

This gives me hope that goon's Scizor and Manaphy with lansat berry will be in before Black and White.

goon scizor maybe but i doubt the nz manaphy will get a release outside japan.

:/

Really? An event that was also Wi-fi not being distributed as such? It's not like Toys R Us even got a good event so I don't know why it cares. Though, I guess it works in favour for little kids who watch the show and don't know the value of the Shiny Beasts because they don't go online.

Looks like they're showing the Best Wishes photo of Ash in their site too. Has Best Wishes even been previewed in the US yet?

Though for once I'm glad. When I saw "Toys R Us" I was hoping "Please not Celebi"

I'm happy they decided to release Ash's Pikachu to Toys 'R' Us stores in at least the U.S. and possibly Puerto Rico but I'm very shocked by it as well. I wasn't expecting Ash's Pikachu to be released and definitely not before the big Celebi event that will more than likely be at a store rather than Wi-Fi.

They decide to distribute Ash's Pikachu and not Celebi?

Meh, atleast we get an awesome Pikachu~

Darn. I'm not in America.

Oh well, at least its just a Pikachu.

This just reminds me that Pikachu needs to learn a new move ^^;

Personally, I'd rather they didn't waste their already very limited remaining time with Gen IV on an event like this, which is only really a novelty and doesn't actually do anything. Why haven't any of the remaining 3 Pokewalker Courses gone up? A nation-wide retail giveaway seems like a lot of effort to go through for an event like Ash's Pikachu... distribution cartridges to produce and whatnot. Surely Wi-Fi would've been a better choice.
I don't see how a Gen 4 event would interfere with developing Gen 5. Big companies like Nintendo have marketing departments as well as Translation/Localisation Departments. This event will keep casual Pokemon fans interested in the lead up to Gen 5. And they probably chose Ash's Pikachu over a Pokewalker course as a tie-in with anime *shrug*

I don't see how a Gen 4 event would interfere with developing Gen 5. Big companies like Nintendo have marketing departments as well as Translation/Localisation Departments. This event will keep casual Pokemon fans interested in the lead up to Gen 5. And they probably chose Ash's Pikachu over a Pokewalker course as a tie-in with anime *shrug*
It's not that Gen IV events will impede the release of Gen V, its that once Gen V is released, Nintendo has all the justification they need to ignore the unreleased Gen IV events.

Geez, I don't know if this is even worth it.

I mean there's a gamestop real near my house, but any Toys R Us is in the next two cities over. Granted it is only maybe a 30 minute drive, but even still, for Ash's Pikachu. And even if I do have a license, I pretty sure I'll never get permission to go to Toys R Us, I was lucky enough with legendary Pokemon, and if it was Celebi I would be right there.

But Ash's Pikachu?

Well at least Gamestop has the three legendary beast, because at least to Gamestop is more reasonable.

Though personally I wish all these events were done over WiFi, since it would be very convenient. Maybe too convenient, but still.

Maybe I can try and get Ash's Pikachu, but if Celebi is just the next week at Toys R Us, I should go for it rather than a normal Pokemon like Pikachu even if it is an anime tie-in. Well it's about a month, we'll see, but for now I'll focus on the shiny beasts.

Well, Pikachu's just there for the bragging rights, so if there will be a Celebi distribution, it's more reasonable going for the latter.

Although as of yet, no word's been given about Celebi, so your best option is to wait for a while.

I have to go out in public for this though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom