• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb

I doubt Canada will get this... but who knows, really. This event hasn't even been announced on an official Pokemon site, yet; only TRU's own. And the Canadian TRU division is pretty clueless; if the event were happening up here as well, I seriously doubt many people would even know about it.

Canadian TRU's did have the Secret Key (not like that even mattered, though; it was available over Wi-Fi at the same damn time), though, so they could be getting it. I doubt it, though. I've already got 3 of the Japanese version, so it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Re: Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb

w0w I was hopin' they would release it :D I'm hopin' it will/would become a WiFi event too. This will go in my event box along with the other 8-12 original Japanese counterparts ^________^ I'll have my very own army XD

So what's so naughty about Ash's Pikachu? Did they just make it Naughty for Volt Tackle?

So what's so naughty about Ash's Pikachu? Did they just make it Naughty for Volt Tackle?

Ep1 when it wouldn't listen to Ash.

Why are they doing this first and not Celebi, it dosent make much sense, this is just a boring filler event, i dont think they are doing the Pokewalker Maps. I think they are procrastinating with Celebi because they want to make that the last Gen IV event

I just hope Celebi's distributed on Wi-Fi.

Cherish Ball Pikachu is nice, but outside of the special PokeBall I won't have much use for it. Oh well, I live close to a Toys "R" Us so I may as well get it.

I don't know, but for Competitive reasons it should have definitely had a Hasty or Naive nature.

I think they gave it that nature to reflect how it was acting towards Ash in the first episode. It was refusing to go into its Poke Ball, it laughed at him after the PokeDex called him a "stupid trainer", and, in later episodes, it does equally mischeavous things, like "playing catch with Ash" when he showed Pikachu to his mom.

Although, if I had to say so myself, I'd say the Pikachu deserved either the Adamant or brave natures, to reflect its personality in general...

I think they gave it that nature to reflect how it was acting towards Ash in the first episode. It was refusing to go into its Poke Ball, it laughed at him after the PokeDex called him a "stupid trainer", and, in later episodes, it does equally mischeavous things, like "playing catch with Ash" when he showed Pikachu to his mom.

Although, if I had to say so myself, I'd say the Pikachu deserved either the Adamant or brave natures, to reflect its personality in general...

I think Adamant would've been the best overall for Ash's Pikachu, but the Naughty thing isn't too bad, and at least it reflects that we haven't forgotten about the beginning of the Anime :p

I may or may not try to get this, just for fun.

Why are they doing this first and not Celebi, it dosent make much sense, this is just a boring filler event, i dont think they are doing the Pokewalker Maps. I think they are procrastinating with Celebi because they want to make that the last Gen IV event

Or they could make us wait and wait, then they don't release it. That would be a MAJOR kick in the balls. :/ Oh well. I think I'll go ahead and get this one.

If every event was Wi-Fi it might make Life a bit easier! Pikachu I have no problem with but its the 3 beasts! oh well.

Well, there's some people who don't have Wi-fi. IE, moi. So my only option is to go to TRU to get the beasts. And that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Only in the U.S.A?

DAMN IT!!!!!!

Game Freak should think of there canadin fans some more mabey sometimes =(

Game Freak should think of there canadian fans some more mabey sometimes =(

Well, it does look like we'll be getting the shiny Legendary Beasts at Gamestop; and those ones are actually useful in that they unlock in-game content in B&W.

From what I hear it's up to the retailer to decide whether to participate in these events, so ultimately it's TRU Canada we'd need to take our complaints to.

It's a cute event and all, but I have a couple of questions

- Can Toys R Us events be downloaded over Wi-Fi, or is it the same as GameStop's and must be done from there?

- Can this Pikachu evolve? If it can't like that one Pichu last year, I won't worry about the event.

So sorry to hear Canada won't get it.

It's a cute event and all, but I have a couple of questions

- Can Toys R Us events be downloaded over Wi-Fi, or is it the same as GameStop's and must be done from there?

- Can this Pikachu evolve? If it can't like that one Pichu last year, I won't worry about the event.

So sorry to hear Canada won't get it.
1) I'm not sure
2) The Pichu that couldn't evolve was because it didn't exist anywhere outside of the game, so yeah. This pikachu however can be evolved I'm pretty sure

Also, did NO one notice they used a Best Wishes Screenshot? o_O

WTF! Why did they use a Best Wishes pic?:confused:Maybe they thought Best Wishes is more popular.

WTF! Why did they use a Best Wishes pic?:confused:Maybe they thought Best Wishes is more popular.

I'm...not sure. I just think it's weird since it's not out yet, so it might be weird for people who don't know about it yet.

or they could make it the first genV event for outside japan. Buy Black and White, Download a celebi and get a Zorak.

I will probably pick this event up on the way back from the gym where I live, since Toys R is is close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom