• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb

This aint at gamestop? Cause their aint any Toys R' Us n' my area n' I'd be too embarssed to go inside one anyway Im 15 unless I had my 3 yearold cousin with me which I doubt is gonna happen. But hey if they have a videogame area then it wont be embarssin' everybody plays videogames or I could always wear uniform colors of them n' masquerade as a worker but even then their aint any n' my area.

Re: Toys 'R' Us to distribute Ash's Pikachu: Distribution to last Jan. 30 through Feb

I just hid in one of the aisles at the video game section and no one noticed me with my ds

This aint at gamestop? Cause their aint any Toys R' Us n' my area n' I'd be too embarssed to go inside one anyway Im 15 unless I had my 3 yearold cousin with me which I doubt is gonna happen. But hey if they have a videogame area then it wont be embarssin' everybody plays videogames or I could always wear uniform colors of them n' masquerade as a worker but even then their aint any n' my area.

Gamestop is already involved in the Shiny Beasts & Celebi giveaways, the 3rd part of which (Suicune) begins tomorrow.

I just got mine.

:)

Whenever I have no choice but to go to Toys R' Us for something, I get the cheapest toy I can find and say it's for my cousin.

Or you can just go in and go out.

Or idle outside in your car.

The gym is next door to my TRU, so I will walk outside it and get it.

I'm not sure what's so embarrassing about being seen in a Toys 'R' Us, to be honest. I'd say it's one of those toy stores in which you can see representatives of a very wide age range, unlike some of the smaller stores. I'm not in a TRU very often, but when I am I see all kinds of people.

If you want a "safe" display to loiter around while downloading, try LEGO. Or even the video game section, as those are hardly things only young children are expected to be interested in.

Eh, I really don't see the value in getting this aside from the novelty -- most of what is offered here pikachu can learn or obtain anyway, and what is different isn't that special. So: meh.

Well i wish i could get it my lil' 7yearold cousin wants it but he cant get it cause' Toy r' us is too far away they coulda least' had the event at Wal-Mart or Target. I usually just make a fake TRU name tag laminate it n' walk n side with TRU colors on n' ppl dont suspect a thing I aint been to TRU since I was 10 n' even thoguh it wouldnt be embarssin' since Ive seen 16 n 17 yearolds n there b4 you cant be to careful.

Well i wish i could get it my lil' 7yearold cousin wants it but he cant get it cause' Toy r' us is too far away they coulda least' had the event at Wal-Mart or Target. I usually just make a fake TRU name tag laminate it n' walk n side with TRU colors on n' ppl dont suspect a thing I aint been to TRU since I was 10 n' even thoguh it wouldnt be embarssin' since Ive seen 16 n 17 yearolds n there b4 you cant be to careful.

Or they can tell its a fake and laugh in their head and not say anything because social convention says not to, basically the same thing if they're actually caring why a teenager would not be in there. Sure the random people may not recognize you, but I'm sure the regular employees could tell.

Because you know, its so much more normal for a five year old to go there on their own, versus a teenager who may or may not be getting their younger sibling a gift, none of their business.

Or they can tell its a fake and laugh in their head and not say anything because social convention says not to, basically the same thing if they're actually caring why a teenager would not be in there. Sure the random people may not recognize you, but I'm sure the regular employees could tell.

Because you know, its so much more normal for a five year old to go there on their own, versus a teenager who may or may not be getting their younger sibling a gift, none of their business.

I just made that story up to see what reactions would happen that sounds like somethin' outta a Disney sitcom.

In actuality no one gives a rat's ass bout' if you like toys or not ppl n' Japan do it all the time ever heard of Otaku or Gundam Models. I know a lotta teenager that like to buy bikes, Ripsticks, Minimotos, Skateboards, Baseball equipment, n' games from TRU. Yeh but Id still be a little embarssed.

Last edited:

I got my Pikachu! I was very lucky to get my mom to take me because there isn't a Toys R Us near me.

Not going. That Pikachu's way too overrated (and lacking in Fake Out) for me to make the nigh-50-mile trip to my nearest Toys 'R' Us.

I'll probably go, if only for the sake of an event Pikachu I can transfer to White while leaving the special moves intact. Though I do already have a shiny Pikachu I evolved from the Pikachu-colored Pichu.

I've already convinced my family members to take me to Gamestop for Suicune. Now I need to convince one of them to take me to the much further away Toys R Us...

Also, Naughty lowers Special Defense, not Speed.

Yay! I got my Pikachu today! =D (Well, it's yesterday now.) XD

Now I just need to get shiny Suicune from Gamestop. And I'll be able to do that tomorrow, when I go to the mall. =)

Toys R Us near my house wasn't promoting it...

Toys R Us near my house wasn't promoting it...

The Canadian distribution has different dates. It doesn't start until Feb. 9th, and runs through the 20th. Though the two closest TRU locations in Toronto are a little more westerly and northwards, respectively, than I'm accustomed to going... between them the event should be running somewhere in the city.

I saw a "closet" Pokemon fan when I went to Toys R Us the other day. I felt so sorry for him... =(

I mean, I can understand being a little embarrassed or shy because you like Pokemon. But there's really no reason to hide it, because there are many people who are in their late teens and early 20s who like Pokemon. I think some fans are just too worried about their reputation.

I saw one of those fans too.

I only got the Pikachu so I could get a Light Ball holding Pikachu lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom