• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Toys 'R' Us tour to be held in UK this month: Mew available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Derby event today. About 2 hours in the Mew queue! :(

It was too hot I got burnt but it was nice as there were some Mums who I got talking to and did a bit of trading while their children had a few battles. I got to have a quick go on battle revolution which was fun since it is going to be forever until we get it in UK.

I also got to trade a manaphy for my dex but had to trade it him back. I am tired now though and having early night! Glad we had an event close to my house for a change. It was miles to the last one I went to in Bristol!

Hope everyone else at the event had a good time.

I am surprised by the que times. I hung around there for a few hours with my friend waiting for her cousin to come with teh Advance cartridges and the que was never longer than ten minutes long.

I guess us Scousers are just awesome at being straight to the point. ^^

I was in the queue for 20 minutes, tops. They must be Mew starved in Derby.

The fact is that pokemon isnt as popular as it used to be, I expect to have about 10-15 people there at any one time for the Reading one, if we did this in 2000 I would put a "0" on the end.

It's a curse and a blessing that pokemon isn't as popular in terms of events like these. Sure the queues would be 5 times as long, but there'd be tons of people your age with different teams, strategies and items, all willing to trade. I scored a Snorlax and Bulbasaur just by helping a kid with his WiFi connection.

He/she was called "Aura" at the Warrington event, quite a cool sounding name. Don't know if it changes through events having different people, but I imagine if it's a tour you might have the same.

He/she was called "Aura" at the Warrington event, quite a cool sounding name. Don't know if it changes through events having different people, but I imagine if it's a tour you might have the same.

thank you but actually I'm in the US but I got one of the GTS today it has the name aura with a female pink trainer name trainer ID 20078

It's a curse and a blessing that pokemon isn't as popular in terms of events like these. Sure the queues would be 5 times as long, but there'd be tons of people your age with different teams, strategies and items, all willing to trade. I scored a Snorlax and Bulbasaur just by helping a kid with his WiFi connection.

I never said it was a good thing. I plan on hanging out there most the day so the chances are I will get a few good trades.

Does anyone know how many Mew's per person you can get? For example if you have two of the GBA games can you get two Mew? Or is it one per person?

I've got a slight problem :(
My GBA broke about 6 months ago, so I got myself a DS. Now I've not got a GBA, do they have any spare GBA's at the event for people like me, or will I have to try and borrow one off of somebody?

Thanks
Drem

Slush: You can get as many as you want, but you have to rejoin the line after you've filled your party with them.

Drem: The procedure is you hand over your cartridge and they slot it in their own SP/Advance, doing the process from a modified machine of theirs, so don't worry, just bring your cartridge. You're buggered if you want to trade with others though.

Cool. Wonder what shinys I could trade my spare ones for.

Someone at my event had a shiny Groudon... he wouldn't trade it for anything there, and there were some pretty rare pokemon.

ad as usual no locations anywhere near where i live
my nearest is croydon and thats about 150 miles away and i dont drive so no deal

If I had WiFi, I'd give those who couldn't go to an event a Mew. Who knows, I may do when I can afford a wireless router.

Drem: The procedure is you hand over your cartridge and they slot it in their own SP/Advance, doing the process from a modified machine of theirs, so don't worry, just bring your cartridge. You're buggered if you want to trade with others though.

Thanks a lot for that.

Hmmm, so if I have 5 spaces in my party I would get 5 mew's right?

That would be cool! I could then trade them from my Diamond once I've finally made it to the Pal Park...

Yeah, then you can bung the 5 Mews in a box, leave one pokemon out (preferably not Mew, I feel like I'm cheating them if I do) and rejoin the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom