• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually getting worried about whether or not there will be any game announcement, as the description of the December 18th episode of Pokémon Smash only mentions movie information. When Origin Forme and Shaymin were revealed in February 2008, nothing was directly implied about future games just yet.

The anomaly is the Jump Festa website, which doesn't mention the movie at all and suspiciously contains the "Developed by Genius Sonority" listing. Perhaps there has been a change of plans.

I'm actually getting worried about whether or not there will be any game announcement, as the description of the December 18th episode of Pokémon Smash only mentions movie information. When Origin Forme and Shaymin were revealed in February 2008, nothing was directly implied about future games just yet.

The anomaly is the Jump Festa website, which doesn't mention the movie at all and suspiciously contains the "Developed by Genius Sonority" listing. Perhaps there has been a change of plans.

Well I guess they may not have mentioned it in the preview because it is meant to be a surprise announcement. But I see what you mean, so who knows.

I think that whatever the game is that is being released on the DS in spring will be announced in Coro Coro, and the Jump Festa will be used to help promote the game. We surely must be getting info on the game this month, so Coro Coro or Jump Festa is the perfect time. Im thinking the surprise announcement is just about Keldeo and more info on the movie.

I think that whatever the game is that is being released on the DS in spring
Just for the record, we don't know that a DS game is involved.

will be announced in Coro Coro, and the Jump Festa will be used to help promote the game. We surely must be getting info on the game this month, so Coro Coro or Jump Festa is the perfect time.
The problem is that Pokémon Smash has always covered recent game announcements (most recently with Rumble and PokéPark 2), and I'm fairly sure that the relevant episode previews have always mentioned a game scoop. This time the preview only mentions the TCG, Battrio and a movie announcement.

If it ends up being the console game(Stadium type game) then it better be similar to Stadium(I miss rentals and mini games) Or at least like XD and COL.

I've talked with Serebii about this, and it seems that this isn't the first time Pokémon Smash hasn't foreshadowed a new game (it happened with Rumble). However, he pointed out something else, which in my opinion is more worrisome. The official website was updated with a Battle Chess BW commercial today, and oddly enough the icon they used for the update was the one used for the spin-off games (the "Other Games" category), even though they would normally label it under the "Goods" category (as they do with the Battrio sets). This, the Genius Sonority listing and the fact that the sprites in the chess set resemble the Trozei ones, make it seem inevitable that Genius Sonority's next game will be directly related to Battle Chess BW.

I think everyone would be wise to lower their expectations if they weren't low enough already.

Last edited:
Haven't people mentioned the very damning evidence that when they talk about main games in Japanese they call them Pocket Monsters games, but spinoffs are Pokemon? And this time they said Pokemon. That's when I stopped believing it might be a third game.

I think everyone would be wise to lower their expectations if they weren't low enough before now.

My guess is that Grey will come out next year around September like Platinum did in 08. Thats the two year mark of the two past gens, and they could use the time inbetween to reveal Kyurem's alternate forme. I'm guessing sometime around March's CoroCoro just like Giratina.

I'm not expecting a reveal about Kyurem/Grey in this month anymore, just Keldeo and thats it.

I haven't had my hopes up that much from the start, but I'm still making guesses. To be honest, I've never really had a strong support for the idea that it might be Gray. This may come off as being "fake", but the only reason why I went with that is because that's what the majority of the fanbase, including here, has been going with. I don't think I need to be afraid anymore of what others may respond to me if my opinion is in the minority, that's just ridiculous. But regarding the Trozei business, was there this much hype for that game when it was going to be announced?

On another note, although unrelated... why is this website tweaking out like it's on crack? The scroll bars on the window are tweaking, I tried typing a message earlier, and it's like the typing cursor jumps letters or doesn't even type at all. When I press the space bar, the window scrolls all the way down to the bottom of the page, and when I pressed "enter" to start a new paragraph, instead it posted my reply when I wasn't even finished typing.

In regards to this "surprise announcement," I'm not going to expect anything after the PokePark 2 thing. If something does actually come out of this, great. I don't like being overly pessimistic, but seeing as they have a record for hyping things up way too much, I don't think I'm being that much of a downer.

!!!!!

The only thing I'd find "shocking" right now;

- Keldeo revealed + Keldeo being the actual mascot of the third game. xD

But we all know that wouldn't happen. xD

if it turns out they're revealing a spin-off game, I'd love it to be Mystery Dungeon. Those are one of my favorites of the entire Pokémon franchise.

You don't want this?

djx88.png

Eh, yeah it just sounds like its going to be some spin off. If it is, the only spin offs I would actually get would be a BW Mystery Dungeon, or a Stadium type console game (if its any good).

I'm actually getting worried about whether or not there will be any game announcement, as the description of the December 18th episode of Pokémon Smash only mentions movie information.

The problem is that Pokémon Smash has always covered recent game announcements (most recently with Rumble and PokéPark 2), and I'm fairly sure that the relevant episode previews have always mentioned a game scoop. This time the preview only mentions the TCG, Battrio and a movie announcement.

It could be that they plan on revealing Kyurem's alternate form (and Keldeo?) in a new movie trailer with Pokemon Smash, and at Jump Festa, reveal a Keldeo distribution later on for the movie.

But, to be honest, I have no idea what's going to happen. There have been soooooo many hints and things for at least a million possibilities about the future of Pokemon that I don't think even anybody at Pokemon knows what's going to happen! :loopy:

Who knows! They did make Pokemon Crystal with Suicune as the mascot!

You don't want this?

djx88.png

LOL! Cute....... But no thanks! (good job on the pic though)

Eh. If it isn't a main series title, the I'm lowering my expectations down to Keldeo's reveal. Since the merch promo has that "?".

Anyways, on Grey, announced now or in four months, we know that game is most likely coming out next year. Be it March or September. =/

But by Arceus if the announcement at Jump Fest is something on the level of Trozei, freaking damn them. Seriously. Those spin-off games don't tend to be memorable at all.

You don't want this?

djx88.png

MY EYES! THEY SPAAARKLE! *____*

LOL! Cute....... But no thanks! (good job on the pic though)

Haha, it's not mine, I got it from the cover design contest over on PokeCommunity. The contest that created the wonderful gem:

greycovermainweb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom