• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, it's not mine, I got it from the cover design contest over on PokeCommunity. The contest that created the wonderful gem:

greycovermainweb.png

Oh, okay. I don't think I've ever heard of PokeCommunity before, but it sounds cool.

Oh, okay. I don't think I've ever heard of PokeCommunity before, but it sounds cool.
Really? It is one of the top Pokemon Forums along with Here and Serebii. They do all kinds of creative stuff there.

You know, I was so engrossed looking at that Kyurem cover that for a minute I actually thought that the Bulbagarden's snow were comets streaking across the box cover.

As crazy as it seems I don't want to give up hope that something about Kyurem will be revealed soon. Even though I know full well that a main series game likely won't arrive until at least September 2012, I just don't want to give up on it arriving sooner.

Really? It is one of the top Pokemon Forums along with Here and Serebii. They do all kinds of creative stuff there.

Oh.... Well I'm kind of new to forums and stuff like that. I started when Black and White came out.

Please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey
Please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon please be Mystery Dungeon

Well Coro Coro has been leaked and there haven't been any reports at all.

Well Coro Coro has been leaked and there haven't been any reports at all.

I think it takes like a couple days for all the info to leak out. If there isn't anything in it, that might mean they could be holding it back until the reveal at Jump Festa this weekend... but that's just a guess, I honestly don't know.:-/

Serebii posted the following...
The new CoroCoro issue, released this week, has announced that a brand new Pokémon game is to be revealed. However, unlike people expect, this reveal isn't coming at Jump Festa but is in fact coming in the issue of CoroCoro next month, due out on January 14th 2012 in what they call a world's fastest shocking announcement. It's currently unknown what game will be revealed, whether it will be main series or not but we'll provide information a few days before CoroCoro's release. Be sure to watch the site in case it comes early

In that case, it's highly likely to turn out like this;

Jump Festa: Keldeo
CoroCoro: Pokémon Gray/new Kyurem form

I still have a feeling that the game will be revealed on Jump Festa, with Coro Coro releasing more information such as game pictures, while Jump Festa will only announce the game's title. Lets face it, it's still early to reveal Keldeo and Kyurem's forme seeing that Movie 15 was just recently revealed and that it wasn't even a month since it was first revealed and their revelation will be more plausible on the first quarter of 2012. If we look at the history of Pokemon movies, they usually reveal the star of the movie and the full title of a Pokemon movie on the first quarter of a year after the year the movie was announced. So yeah, I see that the surprise announcement will be the revelation of the title of the new game, although there's still a possibility of them revealing Keldeo and/or Kyurem's forme as well due to the fact that more information will be revealed on the said movie on the same day as Jump Festa.

How come there's a funny feeling banging me in the head that its gonna be a spin-off? I mean it could go either way, and I would love if they surprise us with a main game before the ad movie, but it still feels weird.

A "world first shocking announcement"? I certainly don't recall the spin-off games ever being hyped like that. If they announced a 3DSWare version of Battle Chess BW at Jump Festa (which would explain many oddities we've seen so far), then that would also decrease the likelihood of a spin-off title being the subject of next month's announcement, because Battle Chess BW would already be the fourth spin-off game in this generation (even though it would only be a 3DSWare title).

Last edited:
It would be about time we got a Mystery Dungeon or Pokémon Ranger, though. :/

A "world shocking announcement"? I certainly don't recall the spin-off games ever being hyped like that. If they announced a 3DSWare version of Battle Chess BW at Jump Festa (which would explain many oddities we've seen so far), then that would also decrease the likelihood of a spin-off title being the subject of next month's announcement, because Battle Chess BW would already be the fourth spin-off game in this generation (even though it would only be a 3DSWare title).
You sure? IIRC any game news for Pokemon they get their hands on they gonna hype it like its next greastest thing since sliced butter. But yeah that part would be the only sure fire thing going for the main game series.

It would be about time we got a Mystery Dungeon or Pokémon Ranger, though. :/
Would they really refer to either of those games as "shocking"? Granted, we can't put faith in their words, but neither Mystery Dungeon nor Ranger are that popular that they would be viewed as a bigger deal than the recent spin-off games.

Also, I doubt that Creatures has had time to work on a 3DS Ranger game in addition to Pokédex 3D and PokéPark 2. As for Mystery Dungeon, Chunsoft is going to release a 3DS game this February, so I can't see them releasing anything in spring.

Mitchman said:
IIRC any game news for Pokemon they get their hands on they gonna hype it like its next greastest thing since sliced butter.
When CoroCoro foreshadowed the Mystery Dungeon games, they just described them as new games. The magazine announces a lot of games (not just Pokémon ones); I don't think they can afford to turn any game into a huge deal.

Last edited:
While I understand that they do announce other games(obviously, otherwise the magazine would be worthless) its Pokemon games they just do that for. I am sure that I'm 80% wrong and it will likely turn out to be a main game, but just because the flavor text is hyperbolic doesn't put the game automatically as a main series game.

Gray would be just ideal.

We're getting a new movie featuring the "third mascot" in 2012 which fits perfectly with the four year pattern of the third games being released and the movies putting some focus on the mascots of the respective games.

I am sure that I'm 80% wrong and it will likely turn out to be a main game, but just because the flavor text is hyperbolic doesn't put the game automatically as a main series game.
I know that and I also have doubts, but it's quite hard to imagine what other kind of game this could be. If it weren't for Genius Sonority's apparent involvement with Battle Chess BW, then a Wii game would be a possibility. Jump Festa should shed some light on this, although it's odd that the Pokémon Company apparently don't want to use the event to promote whatever game is slated for a Spring release.

I know that and I also have doubts, but it's quite hard to imagine what other kind of game this could be. If it weren't for Genius Sonority's apparent involvement with Battle Chess BW, then a Wii game would be a possibility.
That's one thing to definitely consider. The only other game that could come out is if they pull a ranger game or do something with the Battle Chess game on the Wii thanks to the other game place it took on the site.

Jump Festa should shed some light on this, although it's odd that the Pokémon Company apparently don't want to promote the Spring game in the event.
Exactly why my doubts are here. I don't doubt the fact that gray or such will be coming out this year, with the advent of Kyurem in movie 15 its practically a must, I just doubt that it would be that the game would indeed come out before the movie. Only explanation I can come up with is that we're seeing a release shift in order to put the western releases for the holiday season.

That's one thing to definitely consider. The only other game that could come out is if they pull a ranger game or do something with the Battle Chess game on the Wii thanks to the other game place it took on the site.
But the Jump Festa page implies that if a Battle Chess BW game does exist, it will be announced this week. If it turned out to be a 3DSWare game, it would explain CoroCoro not covering it.

Exactly why my doubts are here. I don't doubt the fact that gray or such will be coming out this year, with the advent of Kyurem in movie 15 its practically a must, I just doubt that it would be that the game would indeed come out before the movie. Only explanation I can come up with is that we're seeing a release shift in order to put the western releases for the holiday season.
The best reason to release the game before September (other than the fact that it doesn't matter if it is released before or after the movie) is that in case this generation is only three years long, releasing Gray halfway through the generation would make the most sense. Let's not forget the DS stylus promotion, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom