• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

The Pokémon Company released information about Jump Festa on their website today, confirming that they will be making a surprise announcement. They also stated they will deliver the latest "in Pokémon games and goodies," possibly implying a game announcement at Jump Festa.

Read more on Bulbanews

pokemon battle chess?!
Really?

... ok I admit I would like to try that out. (I kinda would want it to be a legit tabletop chess game though.)

Whoa, Battle Chess? Sounds interesting.
Wait, is it a video game or like actual chess?

I guess it's been mentioned that Genius Sonority is going to be at this thing too. With that said and with the recent Movie 15 merchandise announcement, I'm guessing it's either our Gray Version or the *inevitable* Stadium-esque game that's for Gen V. But I'm not gonna hold on to my guesses too tight until it's all said and done.

The Battle Chess thing sounds cool in theory but when you look at it it looks actually really...really...dumb. :/

Is Battle Chess supposed to be the announcement, or a side announcement? Battle chess keeps on getting mentioned as though it were a coinciding event, but the title for the news makes me think one's about the other.

Since Battle Chess has been pointed out by officials to be in Trozei style, perhaps the announcement is Trozei 2? While I would love some main-series announcements, a sequel to Trozei would be just as welcomed by me!

Please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey please be Grey

Is Battle Chess supposed to be the announcement, or a side announcement? Battle chess keeps on getting mentioned as though it were a coinciding event, but the title for the news makes me think one's about the other.

Well, although Pokemon Battle Chess was already revealed to be present at Jump Festa, they still have the "surprise announcement" post there, so the announcement has nothing to do with Pokemon Battle Chess.

Last edited:
Okay.... So I've been wrong about this the whole time? This is mainly about a CHESS GAME??? Boy, this seems like the Pokemon trading figure game that was dead before it even got started.....

The PokePark 2 thing is okay.... I guess. But it seems like for them to make such a big deal about this, they would be doing something BIGGER.

Now about the surprise announcement: This has to be something BIG! Since Kyurem is in the next movie, maybe this WILL be a Pokemon Grey announcement. If it is, something tells me that Kyurem WON'T have an alternate form. I keep saying that in order for Kyurem to have an alternate form, Reshiram and Zekrom need to be in the 15th movie as well, and I don't see them in the 15th movie. Although, there could be something like the Griseous Orb in the movie as well as the game (because ya'll know that I've been wrong before haha).

Another possibility is that this "surprise announcement" could simply be about Keldeo, and that there will be a distribution when the movie comes out, which is still fairly big since Keldeo has yet to be revealed.

Still, anything could be possible. It's December now, and we have the upcoming new Pokemon game that will be released on Spring 2012, so this month should be the right time for them to reveal it. The next Pokemon movies were also revealed in this month, so it's possible that they may reveal Keldeo as well.

I have a question... does the DS have wireless compatibility with the Wii U? The reason why I'm asking is because a lot of people insist that the *inevitable* Gen V Stadium game won't come on the Wii, but instead the Wii U. If it were to come on the Wii U instead of the Wii, how would you be able to trade your 'mons from B/W over to the Stadium game?

No it doesn't. Period. The last "shocking announcement" was a Mewtwo distribution. That wasn't big, lol.

True. But did they make the Mewtwo announcement at a event they've never been at before? It just doesn't seem like they would go to all this trouble for a small announcement.

But still, I did also say that it could be just something about Keldeo.

I have a question... does the DS have wireless compatibility with the Wii U? The reason why I'm asking is because a lot of people insist that the *inevitable* Gen V Stadium game won't come on the Wii, but instead the Wii U. If it were to come on the Wii U instead of the Wii, how would you be able to trade your 'mons from B/W over to the Stadium game?
There shouldn't be a problem with wireless compatibility. Regardless of whether or not the next title is released for the Wii, chances are that no features will be hindered by playing it on the Wii U.

Although things are up in the air, I'll take a gamble and say that I expect the next game to be a Wii title. The only reason I believe that is the Genius Sonority listing, but there is nothing wrong with the idea of releasing another Wii game in early 2012. I think that the more sensible approach would have been to release the game instead of Typing DS or PokéPark 2 (both of which are doing badly in terms of sales), but not everything the Pokémon Company does makes sense.

OH LOL I GET IT CHESS BLACK AND WHITE CHESS BLACK AND WHITE

There shouldn't be a problem with wireless compatibility. Regardless of whether or not the next title is released for the Wii, chances are that no features will be hindered by playing it on the Wii U.

Although things are up in the air, I'll take a gamble and say that I expect the next game to be a Wii title. The only reason I believe that is the Genius Sonority listing, but there is nothing wrong with the idea of releasing another Wii game in early 2012. I think that the more sensible approach would have been to release the game instead of Typing DS or PokéPark 2 (both of which are doing badly in terms of sales), but not everything the Pokémon Company does makes sense.

I think what concerns me about the possibility of the Gen V Stadium game being on the Wii U is if whether or not the DS has wireless compatibility with the Wii U. I do know for sure that the 3DS does have wireless compatibility with the Wii, since you can transfer your Mii's onto the 3DS. With that in mind, I think what could work is for them to make the Gen V Stadium game for the Wii, and then make Gray Version for the 3DS, and yet still be able to have compatibility with all three of the main series games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom