• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TR vs TR

Which one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why the heck would they lose their competence by changing uniforms? They will likely not be blasting off, they will use their hang gliders and smoke bombs.

We don't know that at all.
There's no proof they'll use them, but it's a logical assumption. Then again, they could probably get a lot more distance in a shorter amount of time if they blast off.

I just hope we get the Meowth balloon back.

Why the heck would they lose their competence by changing uniforms? They will likely not be blasting off, they will use their hang gliders and smoke bombs.
You also said that TR is leaving and that the writers are getting rid of them, that they'll never change back or be humorous, and that everything from the past was ditched.

Meanwhile in BW25, TR once again re-affirmed their goals of getting rare Pokemon and Pikachu (which they've done earlier in BW)

They revert back to their old uniforms

They cheer themselves on after saying they're going to get Pikachu

James CLEARLY shows his true heart with the mask and befriends it much like Cacnea

He then celebrates after catching his new Pokemon, along with Jessie and Meowth.

If this isn't the old TR, then I don't know what is. They may or may not revert to the same old song and dance as before, but it's ever so clear that they aren't going to be like they were BW8-BW24 either.

There's no proof they'll use them, but it's a logical assumption. Then again, they could probably get a lot more distance in a shorter amount of time if they blast off.

I just hope we get the Meowth balloon back.

Musashi/Jessie lost some weight they could probably go much farther with a Thunderbolt now :p

James CLEARLY shows his true heart with the mask and befriends it much like Cacnea

That doesn't make any sense at all.

They may or may not revert to the same old song and dance as before, but it's ever so clear that they aren't going to be like they were BW8-BW24 either.

I don't see how that's clear at all. OLM didn't give them new character designs just to throw them away 25 episodes later.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't see how that's clear at all. OLM didn't give them new character designs just to throw them away 25 episodes later.

Misty and May got new character designs for a whopping 5 episodes each. And TR's design was hardly "new". It was the same thing except black.

I think he meant that James/Kojirou gave Desmas some food and that was kind of him and kept it from being attacked by Koromori.

I don't like this implication that Musashi is mean and Kojiro is a good person. He stopped her from attacking because he thought Desmas might be hungry, and it was. That's it. He's hardly showing his true heart, whatever that means.

Misty and May got new character designs for a whopping 5 episodes each. And TR's design was hardly "new". It was the same thing except black.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_bw/images/chara_img07.gif

I'm referring to this. They got new stock art where they look serious, which is still being used in BW033. I can't see them not being serious again.

Come to think of it, how do we know they're staying in the white uniforms? Could just be for this one ep.

They could be back in black whenever we see them, even IF they just try to steal Pikachu again like in BW1-4.

I don't like this implication that Musashi is mean and Kojiro is a good person. He stopped her from attacking because he thought Desmas might be hungry, and it was. That's it. He's hardly showing his true heart, whatever that means.

Kojirou/James was a good person for doing that that doesn't mean Musashi/Jessie isn't it's just she was ready, willing, and able to let Koromori attack. James/Kojirou simply said for her not to and gave it some food.

"True Heart-That you are a straight-forward, regular guy.
A good person."

The point I was trying to get at is that James acted much in the same vein as he did in prior series in this episode. The scene with the food was classic James.

I like the old Team Rocket better, they were funny and were more human like. I mean I was getting used to the new Team Rocket too but I still missed the old ones so I'm glad they are going back. I wonder if they'll be back in every episode?

I hope they at least wear their beautiful black uniforms every time they meet Saotshi-tachi... The white ones don't make them look as hot.

garfield15 said:
All I'm saying is that thinking that they just out of the blue decided to change them back to white uniforms because "fans demanded it" is dumb. They make these episodes at least half a year in advance.

Remember, BW 025 wasn't meant to air until April. That's almost seven months from the show's September premier date. The times line up.

Musashi said:
To add on to what garfield is saying, I think everyone is forgetting about the movies. Forget changing the Rocket scenes in the episodes at the last minute, there's no way they could suddenly rewrite and reanimate the Rocket's role in the movies. Those are planned even farther in advance.

They are, but it's not like the Rocket trio ever played that big a role in the movies anyway. How likely is it that they'll actually have any impact on the plot of either movie? Or that they'll end up getting more than five minutes screentime in the first place? Not very.

And besides, they're going in and re-animating a bunch of scenes anyway for this first set of movies. They'd probably just have to change a few facial expressions and make sure to color their uniforms white instead of black.

Swanna said:
Guess it was a crime to like them. Sheesh.

No. But it's not impossible that they were unpopular with the younger fans. Remember, the 20-somethings who visit forums like this one only represent a tiny percentage of the overall fandom.

Hellion said:
The goofy TR that captured Pikachu, retreated into their mecha, got beaten and blasted off should be obliterated from the face of the Earth. It's wasted time, it has nothing to do with the episodes' plot 99% of the time and a very good chunk of the time, nothing comes out of it.

And the serious trio is better? After BW 006, every single apperance they made had zero impact on whatever it was Satoshi was doing at any given moment.

Besides, the lovable Rocket trio affected the plot more times than I can count.

Duckgon Z said:
Could there be some symbolism that they keep switching from Black outfits to white ones?

Just thought of that.

That's certainly possible. I think it's bullshit that their personalities change whenever they change clothes, but it could be what the writers are going for.

But it would help explain why their newer uniforms are just palette swaps of each other. The animators are able to recycle more assets that way.

PTOldMan said:
Do you remember that preview that aired sometime before the start of Best Wishes? The one that had the Team Rocket's Kanto motto theme playing while showing a Team Rocket preview. Remember that part of the motto that aired in the end? It's the EXACT same animation that was used today in the end of the motto, except with the uniforms.

Great find! That comes from the special that aired the week before Best Wishes! started; here's the images:

rockets_black.png

rockets_white.png

That certainly leads some credibility to the whole "this was changed at the last minute" theory.

Of course, why they'd have a scene ready 27 weeks in advance to show during a preview is something else altogether.

jessierocketka said:
Musashi: What about Sakaki?
Secretary: He's now in important meeting and he can't leave his place
Kojiro: Wasn't yesterday a meeting too?
Secretary: It's because Sakaki's very busy
Musashi: If that's so, what should be our actions now concretely? Have you heard?
Secretary: Yes, from now on, you're on your own. Do your best for sake of Rocket Gang.

That's confusing. So Giovanni's missing, I presume..?

Though this could lend some credence to the theory that Giovanni's secretary is actually a double agent for Team Plasma. I can see it now.

Secretary: You need to stop calling. As I've told you before - Sakaki is very busy.
Someone gagged offscreen: NRGG! MMFFRG!
James: ..What was that?
Secretary: ..The air conditioning unit in this room is malfunctioning.

TR's sudden and unexplained change is very worrying to me indeed.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom