• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tractor-Driving Farmer Runs Over Every Cop Car in Police Station Parking Lot

DerMißingno

Gutes deutsches Bier
Reaction score
Allegedly unhappy about being arrested recently on marijuana possession and resisting arrest charges, a Vermont farmer armed himself with a tractor and proceeded to flatten eight police cruiser in the Orleans County Sheriff's Department parking lot.

With every last one of their cars squashed, deputies were unable to chase suspect Roger Pion, 34, down as he drove away. "We had nothing to pursue him with," Chief Deputy Philip Brooks told the Associated Press.

Police in Newport eventually tracked Pion down and arrested him.

No injuries were reported, but the cruisers were totaled. "The radios are ruined, the radar detectors, the cages in the cars," Sheriff Kirk Martin said. "We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns."

All told, Pion's rampage caused some $300,000 in damage and took out half the department's fleet.

In a statement, Vermont State Police said Pion was charged with several crimes including felony and misdemeanor unlawful mischief (multiple counts), aggravated assault, gross negligent operation, and leaving the scene of an accident.

He was booked into Newport's Northern State Correctional Center, where he is currently being held on $15,000 bail.

Source

I guess if you're going to jail anyway you might as well make it count.

gross negligent operation, and leaving the scene of an accident.

Objection, your honor.

The defendent cannot be guilty of gross negligent operation or leaving the scene of an accident; what happened was neither negligent nor an accident.

They couldn't chase him down? Now, I'm no tractor expert, but I'm fairly confident that tractors typically don't go faster than your average human's running speed.

They couldn't chase him down? Now, I'm no tractor expert, but I'm fairly confident that tractors typically don't go faster than your average human's running speed.

Lol at cops running down a street after a tractor when they could just pick up the phone and call the next town over.

As much as I hate saying this, the average human cannot run fast enough to catch up with a tractor. One can run around 15mph, while a tractor (at least here in Denmark) has a legal speed limit of around 18 mph. Still, an athlete might be able to.

Sorry guys and girls...

What a legend, I say good on you!!!

Wish someone had the balls to do that here.

I heard that on the news. I laughed so hard. But, the man ruined his life. So.

This is what I didn't expect from this guy's definition of "revenge." He was eventually caught right?

well although I dont agree with it, it made me laugh and I suppose if your in trouble anyway there isnt a better way to get back at them. He would of been caught and he will be paying most of that $300,000.

The price has gone up, it was $250,000 when I read the story.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom