• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trademarks appear for "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala"

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
037PLNd.jpg

47ooS5B.jpg

Probably the name of the Box Legendaries I assume.

I question what Lunaala even is... lol

So you are saying that I should rely on trademarks as a guarantee for pokemon and games? I am not going to that. I like the confirmed info to actually appear.

And we'd like to speculate. If you don't want to speculate, you can just not post in a speculation thread.

Posting just to say you think the discussion has no point because it's not confirmed information is a stupid, pointless, annoying thing to do. It is, in fact, pretty much textbook spam.

If all you have to say is "Guys guys stop talking about unconfirmed information!", then don't bother saying it.

Please let Lunaala be the moon rabbit, please let Lunaala be the moon rabbit, please let Lunaala be the moon rabbit...

Yeesss! And if Lunaala is a moon rabbit, that'll probably make me try out doubles and try getting it and Umbreon to work together.

Given the recent box art tease, and the promise of "big news" next month, it's not that farfetched to think that GF would trademark the names of the legends now if they're ramping up for the big reveal in the coming weeks.

Indeed.

And we'd like to speculate. If you don't want to speculate, you can just not post in a speculation thread.
I was just giving my opinion. I noticed that the names have Sol and Luna in them. References to sun and moon. Makes sense though. Fire for Solgaleo and Fairy for Lunaala.

So you are saying that I should rely on trademarks as a guarantee for pokemon and games? I am not going to that. I like the confirmed info to actually appear.
I was being facetious, skepticism is fine.

But you should know that it's not like confirmed trademarks are part of the regular rumor mill. They carry a lot more weight.

Posting just to say you think the discussion has no point because it's not confirmed information is a stupid, pointless, annoying thing to do. It is, in fact, pretty much textbook spam.

If all you have to say is "Guys guys stop talking about unconfirmed information!", then don't bother saying it.
I never said that. People can speculate. I was giving my opinion on the matter and I am just skeptical about it. I never said that the discussion was pointless or that people should stop speculating. All we know is that they are trademarked.

I wonder what they would look like? Previous posts guessed they are a lion and a rabbit, but I still can't get a good picture in my head.

Well... Someone on NeoGAF posted this.

LUNAALA --> LUNA + ALA

Luna (Spanish) = Moon

Ala

In Greek seems to mean, "defending man".
In Spanish means "wing"
In latin means "wing"

So, it could be somekind of Winged Pokemon which Protects or Defends something (Pokemon?)

Perhaps it's that winged creature we discovered a while back?

EDIT: They also brought up some sort of shark.

The genus name Cirrhigaleus is derived from the Latin "cirrus" which means curl fringe and the Greek "galeo" meaning a shark. The species name asper is derived from Latin, meaning rough.

... I actually want a sun shark legendary now.

Back
Top Bottom