• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trademarks found for new Pokémon product: "Pokkén Fighters" and "Pokkén ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Trademarks found for new Pokémon product: "Pokkén Fighters" and "Pokkén ...

English trademarks for "Pokkén Fighters" and "Pokkén Tournament" have been uncovered, as has the Japanese trademark 「ポッ拳」.

Read more on Bulbanews

A Pokemon x Tekken crossover fighting game? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

The names sound interesting, but unfortunately the game will certainly be released for the Wii U and there is no way I am buying that console.

The names sound interesting, but unfortunately the game will certainly be released for the Wii U and there is no way I am buying that console.

This will be released in 2014 likely, and by then the Wii U will probably have a price drop and there'll be a steady amount of games released.

NSMB/Luigi U, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wind Waker HD, and, since I imagine this is late 2014, Smash Brothers and X might be out as well. And that's just what's been announced.

@VGCrasher; @Tendou Soujirou; I have my reasons to not buy a Wii U, it isn't like I hate the console like a lot of people do. Well, I don't have money to buy 3DS games and a home console, plus games for it. I have no space to put a home console in my room. Also, most Wii U games are uninteresting to me. I've played WW on the Gamecube, I don't like Mario Kart (and racing games in general), Pikmin is nice, but not a console seller, X looks good but I am not a fan of RPG either. Lastly, I will buy the 3DS versions of Sonic and Smash Bros. :] The only game I really want to play is Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze ;_; They should release a downgraded port for the 3DS too!

First they make an anime special with Red and now they're making a legit type wild. What, did the fanbase suddenly hijack Pokemon company or something?

... I'm okay with this. :D

BfLpnkf.png

Hiro's saying this.

I bet this is to do with that small clip at the end of the X Y Commercial where we saw Blaziken and Lucario in a city setting, looking as if they were ready to fight.

Pokemon x Tekken

This sounds really cool and I would love a Pokemon fighting game. Although, if it is for the WiiU, I wouldn't be able to get it. I can't afford a console system and the games that come with it either. It would be nice if it was available for the 3DS too.

BfLpnkf.png

Hiro's saying this.

Figures? Now I'm more likely to skip this if they make it like Rumble U, or worse, they make it competition to the next Skylanders game (Swap Force), cause I would never have enough time or money to constantly search for figures at the stores.

I've never played Tekken. 8U If such a crossover comes true, it'll be time to find one.

I was interested in this until it started sounding like it'd be using NFC figures. Can that trend please die already? I've been waiting for a Pokemon fighting game my whole life and don't want to have to bother with dumb figurines.

Shame for a brief moment I felt the hope of getting a pokemon stadium type game that connects to XY but is live action.

Now all I feel is meh figures its a cash in.

I was interested in this until it started sounding like it'd be using NFC figures. Can that trend please die already? I've been waiting for a Pokemon fighting game my whole life and don't want to have to bother with dumb figurines.

Shame for a brief moment I felt the hope of getting a pokemon stadium type game that connects to XY but is live action.

Now all I feel is meh figures its a cash in.

I feel exactly the same as you guys, I was excited until I heard that they were using NFC figurines, a trend that's becoming more common anymore in video games (especially ones aimed at kids) and has annoyed me for a while, it was good when it was just Skylanders, and then Disney did it with Disney Infinity, then Pokemon did it with Rumble U, and now this. I was hoping it wouldn't be something like that, at first, I was excited for something new, only to learn it's just a cash in on a trend that in my honest opinion needs to die already.

I just hope it's not true that we will have to use figurines, else I will be skipping this game and X/Y will be the only Pokemon games I will be getting in Gen 6 for quite some time. I haven't payed that much attention to most of the spin-off games since PMD: Explorers of Sky, either because they didn't interest me that much, or did something that turned me off (Gates to Infinity for instance, turned me off because of changes it made from the previous game that I found either unnecessary or otherwise), this one started to interest me, but after hearing it might use NFC figurines, I might be skipping it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom