• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trademarks, logos for Pokémon Sun and Moon uncovered: Fans speculate about potential new games

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly it was explained that BW2 was made specifically because everyone was expecting Pokemon Grey. The creators of pokemon wanted to suprise people. This may be another instance of that. Everyone is expecting Z or XY2. So to catch people off guard they may be introducing Gen 7 without any follow-up whatsoever to X and Y.

If there's no followup of Gen VI's story or setting with the next games, they wasted a lot of potential and end up making the XY anime superior to the Kalos games in every way. I mean, we have Zygarde's multiple forms, a new Greninja Mega Evolution-like form, and a yet-to be released Volcanion.

Pokemon Sun and Moon? Jesus Christ, that is not far off the mark from the Pokemon Mars and Venus crack title I made a while back.

I guess I shouldn't complain about Unova getting the shaft as Kalos was pretty much ignored in comparison. Then again, I really don't want to call this the end of generation VI yet. New names don't mean new region with hundreds of new Pokemon. It could still take place in Kalos expanding on Zygarde, though the sun and the moon make me think something else is going on. Too early to tell, but I'll be a little miffed if this is the start of Gen VII with a brand new region and everything. What a waste of potential Kalos could of offered.

I hope these are real; very excited. "Moon" is very much my aesthetic. Anything could happen so I don't want to make predictions on whether or not it'll be a gen 6 or gen 7 game. Though I personally feel like if this isn't a new gen, it'll be a little of a waste. Moon and Sun sound very exciting.

All signs are pointing to 7th gen:
-The Direct is only 5 minutes. It wouldn't make sense to hype up a Direct for 5 minutes of footage of new games we already know about, it's much more likely to be a new game announcement.
-Logos leaked right around the time of the Direct, so that's what is probably being revealed rather than a new 6th gen game.
-Magearna. Yeah, I said it could be patched into the 6th gen, but that's unprecedented. It's probably a new Pokemon from Sun/Moon.

We'll know for sure soon enough.

Ok just watched Pokemon Direct and it's gen 7 indeed from all I got. My internet started lagging halfway so I don't remember if any pic or gameplay was shown... It's coming this winter (way sooner whan I imagined...)

I find this highly unlikely. Nothing in the titles point to them being possible Gen 4 remakes.
I know. That was just rampant speculation on my part. Which turned out that my first guess - a new gen - was correct
Ok just watched it and it's gen 7 indeed. My internet started lagging halfway so I don't remember if any pic or gameplay was shown... It's coming this winter (way sooner whan I imagined...)
They confirmed the name, more or less confirmed it a new gen, and told us we can use Bank to transfer pokemon from the Gen 1 Virtual Console games to Sun and Moon

So no pics indeed? Shame...

Anyway the most convinient news's that's launching this winter.

I paused through the Sun/Moon part. http://kotaku.com/watch-the-pokemon-direct-right-here-1761474654 starts at about 26:30

We got a look at a new building with several older water types on it, and someone working on a model of a bird Pokemon, probably a new one.

Edit: Almost forgot, there's also a lot of artwork of vehicles shown in the video. It goes fast, but we see a variety of trucks. Maybe Mew is under one of them.

Last edited:
Hey,

So, I've been replaying Pokémon X and I got to Anistar City (Sundial) where a Hex Maniac Girl's dialogue says that there are Moon Dials as well.

Just liked the coincidence of finding this after all this discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom