• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trademarks, logos for Pokémon Sun and Moon uncovered: Fans speculate about potential new games

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Trademarks, logos for Pokémon Sun and Moon uncovered: Fans speculate about potential new games

Trademarks and logos for games titled "Pokémon Sun" and "Pokémon Moon" have been discovered on a European trademark registry.

Continue reading...

I won't believe these games are real until the official announcement is made. Personally I think it's too early to announce Gen 7 because Zygarde still doesn't have it's own game yet, and it would just seem non-conventional to not have Pokemon Z/XY2 because they've been doing the whole Z thing for about half a year and Zygarde's formes have yet to appear in the main-series games, so they couldn't just waste them on the anime and nothing else.

This is especially true since each generation is usually it's own self-contained story with little to no connection to the story of any previous generation other than a few characters making cameos and mentions of the regions and villain teams (with the exception of Gen 2), so Sun and Moon would likely have their own native legendaries as their version mascots and have virtually no connection to Zygarde or the Kalos legendary trio. Granted people wanted "Pokemon Gray" before BW2 was announced, and that was a big surprise to the fandom given how people have been familiar with the usual formula of the franchise before then, so it's entirely possible this could be the same situation

Now don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to Gen 7 and all the Pokemon that will be introduced in it, the potential new Mega Evolutions if any, and what region it will be set in, but I just think it's too early for Gen 7 to begin since Gen 6 still feels incomplete to me, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
So, this more or less confirms Pokémon Dawn and Pokémon Dusk *wink wink* Just hope this time we can go into space...
It also makes me to wonder if Solrock and Lunatone will get their megas this time because of the theme.

Oops! :X3:

Looks like we know the big news for tomorrow's Pokémon Direct! :LOL:

I totally saw this coming. New generations of pokemon are revealed every few years or so, and since X and Y came out in 2013, and it's 2016 now, I guess a good way to celebrate Pokemon's 20th anniversary is to introduce a new generation. Here's hoping its not an elaborate hoax, but if Pokemon Direct confirms it...new generation! Yay!

But where's all this Pokemon Z stuff coming from? Nobody confirmed anything about a Pokemon Z. Black and White didn't get a Grey centered around Kyurem, so what makes people think a Pokemon Z should come out? Just curious.

But where's all this Pokemon Z stuff coming from? Nobody confirmed anything about a Pokemon Z. Black and White didn't get a Grey centered around Kyurem, so what makes people think a Pokemon Z should come out? Just curious.

Because of Zygrande. We've learned quite a bit about it, and a lot of people thought it pointed to Version Z, like with Rayquaza & Emerald, Girantina & Platinum, and Kyurem & the Black2/White2.
Heck, I think we know more about Zygrande now than we do about the other 3 about this time with their generations.

Thing is, I'm not entirely surprise their skipping a follow up game(s) thanks to Yokai Watch 3 (and Dogasu's New Year's predictions)

So much for Pokemon Z. I figured with Zygarde's new forms it would be a given.

Unless Sun and Moon are supposed to be sequels to XY in the same way BW2 were sequels to BW, but that seems doubtful. I can't help but wonder if it's too early for a new generation when the 3DS is slowly nearing the end of its life. But all signs seem to point that this would be a new generation. There's rumors too that this might be for the NX, but that doesn't make sense cause the NX itself hasn't even been officially announced yet.

Had to join to say that the logos for Sun and Moon remind me of a solar eclipse and lunar eclipse, respectively. Sun's logo seems to depict the Sun being eclipsed by the Moon from a first person view, whereas Moon's logo I can see the Earth being in front of the Sun, with the Moon reflecting the rays just like a lunar eclipse. Very interesting!

If I remember correctly it was explained that BW2 was made specifically because everyone was expecting Pokemon Grey. The creators of pokemon wanted to suprise people. This may be another instance of that. Everyone is expecting Z or XY2. So to catch people off guard they may be introducing Gen 7 without any follow-up whatsoever to X and Y.

How great! The thought of a space themed main series game makes me giddy as a school boy!

It looks like an interesting thing - and many ways to go with it.

I'm not good at the speculation thing. I have in my head something like the ruby/sapphire games in that the bad teams try to make it permanently day/night (instead of land/sea) but seeing as ORAS was released so soon I can't fathom that being it.

They could give Umbreon and Espeon their own megas. Would mega-eeveeloutions be a thing or too hard (as you should do all)

If this's true I'm betting what'll be the next region like. I really wanna another European-based one... Europe's so huge and there's so many stuff to cover out of it, it'd be a shame to leave it already, in my opinion.

I still dream of seeing a Pokemon version of the London Eye, of the London Tower, maybe some Venice-like city surrounded by water where you could take gondolas, etc...

With these coming out if its true it means that the next saga of the anime will take elements from these games. Like the new region and various other things.

I like these titles, so I hope they're legit. :) Maybe the third version title would be Star (even though the sun technically is one) or Earth?
Lol, if that were the case, then Robopon was years ahead of this.

If I remember correctly it was explained that BW2 was made specifically because everyone was expecting Pokemon Grey. The creators of pokemon wanted to suprise people. This may be another instance of that. Everyone is expecting Z or XY2. So to catch people off guard they may be introducing Gen 7 without any follow-up whatsoever to X and Y.

I agree with you, and people were probably expecting XY2 as well as Z, so it's clear that Game freak got tired of it's traditional formula and has become less predictable and now wants to do different things with the franchise.

For all we know, these games could still take place in Kalos, but in a separate area, (maybe a whole new region, connected to Kalos, comparable to Johto and Kanto), accessible via the train system in Couriway Town and has separate legends and new Pokemon. This new region could have a disaster with the clashing legendaries and Zygarde comes to stop them. It may be far-fetched, but it could potentially happen. This could explain the presence of the strange Strange Souvenir. Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
If this is really what the new games are, I'm kinda disappointed that Kalos only got one version. There wasn't much postgame and the elite four was pretty weak with only 4 Pokemon each. I still am holding out hope they do more with Kalos and that this is for even farther in the future. Whenever/ifever these games come up I will definitely be going for sun. Still very excited for the direct tomorrow, but with the internet the way it is, there can NEVER be surprises anymore. I should've just stayed off the internet, because I would've rather the direct was a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom