• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trades for VGC pokemon?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking to jump into VGC for a while now. RL concerns have kept me from having the time to participate up till now, but I've kept an eye on the state of the meta as it's grown. I was hoping to dive in during the summer and give a real go at competing next year. But the upcoming regulation D has stalled that plan. I do not own Shield's expansion pass nor Arceus. Also, as I have not used HOME before, I don't have a box stuffed with the legendaries from the previous games (Violet has been a return to being really engaged with playing the series). This leaves me without a means of supplying myself with various pokemon that are sure to be meta choices.

Now before I get responses saying as much, I fully understand that the paywall to fix this is $90. I understand and appreciate that for many here, spending nearly a hundred bucks on two games for just a handful of pokemon is a non issue. This is not my case. The reality is that right now I have a tight budget, one that allows me to take care of my responsibilities. Being able to see to those responsibilities is something I value. I am not looking to have my gaming interests to impede that.

I am interested if there is anyone out there who might be willing help me obtain some of these options. The hisuian forms should be fairly simple matters, any possible legendaries understandably much more involved. Please note I'm not looking for pure charity. I'm hoping to exchange what effort and value from the games I do have available (Shield, Violet) for whatever is being offered.

To any who might be open to helping me I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Thank you and have a most excellent day!

Hi! I'm a little busy today but I could definitely help you get some Hisuian Pokemon either tomorrow or the day after if nobody else bites. I'm not too sure about legendaries, but if I have any extras lying around in HOME that you may need I'd love to help!

Hi! I'm a little busy today but I could definitely help you get some Hisuian Pokemon either tomorrow or the day after if nobody else bites. I'm not too sure about legendaries, but if I have any extras lying around in HOME that you may need I'd love to help!
Sounds most excellent!

Thanks for responding. Getting access to Hisuian Pokemon would be a big help. I totally understand about lengendaries. If it turns out there any possibly available, I'm definitely wanting to do my part in providing you something of value too.

No worries, take your time. Find the times that work best for you and just let me know. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, which looks to be about 4 hours ahead of you?

The next VGC format, Regulation D, is making several Alolan pokemon, the Hisuian, and some older gen Legendaries legal. I'm hoping to end up with access to the most viable ones for the upcoming format. Take my evaluations with a grain of salt, I'm definitely intro/beginner tier with VGC matters, though I'm doing my best to learn.

Any of the usable Alolan pokemon, like Diglit, Meowth, Grimer, or Raichu would be great. For Hisuian, I'm thinking Ursaluna and Hisuian Goodra are going to be top picks. Lilligant could be good for Sunny Day teams. Kleavor would be fun, Bug is my favorite type.

As for legendaries, they are utterly a case by case at your discretion deal. I appreciate you being helpful and generous. I wouldn't want you to lose out on things you can't get back.

Please remember, help just as much as your comfortable. Don't for a second think that I'm expecting or hoping that you will fill my whole list. Even if you just help me obtain access to a single pokemon I couldn't before, that's a huge help.

I'm fairly certain I could get you all those alternate forms, I have most Hisui forms lying around in my PLA boxes, same deal with the Alolan forms in my Gen 7 copies. Do you need anything from me stats/IV/move-wise? Or is that something you can handle on your end once you've got the forms themselves?

As for legendaries, I have a spare Zygarde, Lunala and Celesteela I wouldn't mind trading to you!

That sounds awesome. Any you can provide me would be great. No need to worry about anything IV/Move wise, I'm happy to fiddle with all that on my end. Perhaps we could put together a list of what you would like me to trade you for these various pokemon?

Those 3 legendaries sound incredible! What would you like in exchange? I have base game Shield, and I've fully completed Violet. I have various shiny pokemon on hand. I'm also happy to hunt for something specific in Violet. Please just let me know what you what you would feel would be a fair deal for them.

Awesome! I went through my boxes in HOME and I've got these for you:
Alolan Meowth
Alolan Diglett
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Grimer

Ursaluna
Hisuian Lilligant
Kleavor
Hisuian Goodra

Zygarde
Celesteela
Lunala

Do you have any Apricorn Balls in either games? I'd love to trade for those if you're interested. If not, I'm interested in what shinies you'd have to offer!

That sounds spectacular!

I have 6 apricorn balls available:
1 Heavy Ball
1 Lure Ball
1 Dream Ball
1 Moon Ball
2 Love Ball

For Shinies, I have these on hand:
Bagon
Dreepy
Iron Bundle (In a Fast Ball)
Rufflet
Pawmi
Cubchu
Venonat
Venomoth
Flamigo
Female Pyroar
Snover (In a Friend Ball)

Let me know what sounds good. Like I said, if it's something available in Violet, I'm willing to hunt for something specific. I was thinking Bagon, Dreepy, and Iron Bundle holding Apricorn Balls for the legendaries? If that's not within the realm of what you had in mind for them, just let me know.

After we have a good idea on what's being traded and for what, 1:00 pm and after your time is good for me. Wednesday and Thursday are easy and flexible for me. Friday I'll just be busy in the evening.

Those Pokemon work for me! I'm interested in the Heavy Ball, Moon Ball and a Love Ball if that works for you!
I don't really mind giving you the Hisuian and Alolan forms for free, if you were thinking I wanted something else for them. The three balls and those Pokemon are more than enough for me!

I'll make sure to set an alarm for around 1:30 pm my time so we can trade around then :)

Thank you for being so generous! I wasn't sure if you wanted shinies/A. balls for those as well. I'll just bring a variety of pokemon to trade for them.

This morning has been a lot busier than I was hoping for. Would it be possible for us to instead trade around 3:30 pm your time? If not, just let me know if a time this evening or tomorrow would work for you.

Also, could I have your HOME info so I could send you a friend request?

Thank you for being so generous! I wasn't sure if you wanted shinies/A. balls for those as well. I'll just bring a variety of pokemon to trade for them.

This morning has been a lot busier than I was hoping for. Would it be possible for us to instead trade around 3:30 pm your time? If not, just let me know if a time this evening or tomorrow would work for you.

Also, could I have your HOME info so I could send you a friend request?
Sure no worries! I'll message you my HOME info. Did you want to do the majority of the trading in HOME or in a Gen 8 or 9 game? I don't think Pokemon can trade in HOME while holding items, so it might be best to just do it all in SV or SwSh, but it's up to you!

Please forgive my unfamiliarity with HOME. It wasn't until after I had everything set up I noticed they can't hold items. Bleh.

If possible, could we just do it in the games themselves? Do all the Alolan and Hisuian ones in Violet. For the last one, I'll trace you Iron Bundle with the Heavy Ball. In Shield, I'll send you Bagon, Dreepy, and a regular guy for the legendaries. That sound good? I'll use the Link Code 0918 2736 for both

Thank you! Sorry it took so long, I honestly forgot I had to connect to the internet before hitting link trade. I was sitting there for 20 minutes staring at my screen :confused:
I'll move to SwSh now!

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom