• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trading cards still popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruka_Rules!

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
I have not seen a lot of people talk about or play the Pokemon Trading Cards lately, so I'm wondering if the TC are still popular?

It is since tons of kids come in daily asking for them where I work. It's just not as prominent as it was back in 2001.

I havn't seen anyone with Pokemon cards for years, but somehow, yu-gi-oh cards are all the rage XD

False cheap full of errors completely different from the official cards are selled where i live.And many people buy them.

No one at my school really plays the TCG, and neither do I. I still collect the cards, but less feverently than I used to. But back when I was in third grade, I bought about 2 packs a week, and so did everybody else. Especially in the summer.

It's to bad, I need someone to hand over my collection to. Pass the torch on so to speak.
They'll still have to pay for it.

All of you are wrong. There were record numbers of people that turned out for large official tournaments this year... the game is growing immensely in popularity, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh! is dying out in most areas.

More info when I have more time. DX

They're very popular here. They're still in the top ten, very close to the top, for TCGs, and Worlds is still strong. A lot of people play but are closet fans. If you seek them, though, you'll probably find ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom