• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trading Database -- *Concept*

If you need the Pokémon sprites... well, we have most of them on the Pedia. Not all of them, I assume, because recently I've found a few that were still using the 64 x 64 gif images from RSE and not the 80 x 80 pngs from DP... But we have most of them.

Magikarp and Goldeen!!!

The Pedia is actually missing MOST of the sprites from the games.... my project this summer is to add the missing ones.

Hm, I had a similar idea some months ago, but then observed on Serebiiforums what the big surprise Joe has been planning since... February? was.

Since I know my site has no chance in competing against Serebii and Smogon, I would like to help you on this. I have some knowledge on php and mysql, but I don't think I can do much for you in those things (would still be glad to help there out something).

Ideas (some already mentioned, my concept is based on a personal page for each user):
1.- Every user can place a list of wishes and of offers.
2.- Every user can place his personal information (nickname, location, game's language, age, etc).
3.- List of offers and wishes. Search system by Pokemon, gender, attacks, IVs, nature...
4.- Friend Code exchanging system. Each user could make an offer just by clicking on the Pokemon the other user offers. The message would communicate the other user the offer and the Friend Code of the first user. When the message is read, it demands an answer to the second user. If "yes", the new friend is enlisted on his personal friends section, if "no", trade is forgotten. It would still send a message to the first user, to confirm the trade or not.
5.- Karma system. The system is originally designed for "friends", so a karma system would be needed in order to promote reliability within trades. The friend confirmation system could collaborate on this, for example, giving a 5 time period to make the trade. If it is not made, you get negative karma points as you (both) are not reliable. If some karma points are given to you by the other user, you get those karma points (always less than the penalty gotten for not making the trade). If you forget to give karma to your counterpart, you get a penalty as well.
--> This is the only way to place some control over trades, since we have not access to what's really happening in the WiFi system. Of course, if some players suspiciously trade with each other repeteadly, they get negative points or even banned.
6.- Prizes for getting to a certain karma level (should be time limited as well). Nothing serious, perhaps access to a VIP chat room, to exclusive battle tournaments, to promotional Pokemon (if you don't mind getting them pseudo-hacked and don't have a hacking device by yourself), and such.
7.- Battle tournaments. This could imply informing about your team on your personal page, or not. Only one tournament at the same time, karma is rewarded (prizes as well), not obeying the rules or playing on time could get negative karma points, as well as not confirming win or loss, or both incoherently confirming win (gets you out of the tournament, gets many negative karma points). A minimum of karma should be asked to enter these ones.

The concept is all based on karma, it may be very difficult to implement, but I think it could work. I still am very skeptical on all this (see end of this post), but I hope it gives you some ideas (if not, I don't care =P)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom