• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Type: Null is a really interesting idea. A chimera if I ever saw one, but that's cool. The name confused me for a minute; I thought it was saying it was "Null"-type, and then I was thinking, "But it says 'Normal' right there...?" :p Apparently it was manmade and it was deemed that it needed power equivalent to the mythological Pokémon. Maybe the Aether Foundation made it. I wonder if their facility is the one we "wouldn't believe." Also they look like Lillie (but then so does UB-01 - love how freaking bizarre that is, by the way. I always imagined what it might be like to see non-human, non-Pokémon creatures in this world. Kind of reminds me of Digimon's D-Reaper, a bit, even down to the codename. Pretty cool.)

Jangmo-o is a great design.

Lovely to see Sina and Dexio again. I always rather liked them. And I guess this confirms that these games are indeed set after XY.

Oh, and is this site bugging out like crazy for anyone else or is that just me?

Last edited:
Lillie is totally UB-01. It's all white, it can change shape, and it's movement's are like those of a yoing girl's. And it'd be a nice mystery.
I LOVED IT!!!
Man, where to start...
8) UB-01... it looks like Lillie... IT LOOKS LIKE LILLIE! TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT. What does it all mean, I wonder.
Both of you might be on to something. Maybe her reason for working with Professor Kukui has something to do with gathering intelligence for someone or something?

Seriously, what are those Ultra Beast? Pokemon or those studio oponents like in b2w2.

• Aliens
  • Extradimensional beings
  • Creations of the Aether Foundation
Take your pick.

Last edited:
Lilly hates Pokemon fighting. As the people above me said, maybe she is an Ultra Beast - a special type of Pokemon which can transform themselves into humans and have superior intelligence (aliens?).

8) UB-01... it looks like Lillie... IT LOOKS LIKE LILLIE! TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT. What does it all mean, I wonder.

The official website even says it moves like a little girl.

Sure they might as well slap a "Lillie" tag on it's forehead. (or "her" forehead I guess)

Japanes trailer kind of deconfirm Alolan Alakazam, because the PC is using a regular one.
The whole Aether foundation might just be masquerading Ultra Beasts or they created them.

Not sure how to react... but it seemed nice. Much more interesting than what we've been getting lately.

Once I read about UB-01, I pretty much also figured it was Lillie. Wanted to be the first to post it, but alas, my slower tablet would not allow it. Well, might as well get some thoughts in before I go to bed.

- Don't like Alolan Raticate, but at least its design is less of a recolor than other Alolan forms.

- The Dragon-type seems like it might evolve into something awesome. I'll have to wait and see.

- It did not occur to me that the Aether Foundation would be the bad guys until I read this thread, now I REALLY hope that isn't true. That would just be so cliche and disappointing. Can't we just have a good team for once? I really like their name and general concept, and would totally want to be a part of them if they are good. Or even create an RP about their battles with Team Skull. Still need more information though. They're probably my favorite part of the trailer though.

- These "Ultra Beasts" are interesting... it seems that according to the site, they aren't Pokemon. They aren't really called such and have odd names. At least it seems Sun and Moon's story is shaping up to be more interesting.

Okay so we have one Ultra Beast that looks like someone was doing a Shou Tucker, another that looks like something Abe Lincoln assembles S.T.E.A.M to kill, a psuedo-legendary candidate, Gen 6 characters appearing, and more mystery than before.

I swear, Gen 7 is doing more to me than I remember the last few gens doing. I haven't seen this much W.M.G thoughts since early Arc-V.

Aether foundation's Lusamine's too much 'love' can turn out to be villainous?

Do you guys think there may be more Ultra Beasts? Why name it UB-'01'? Maybe we have UB-02 and more incoming?

Ah I was really hoping UB-01 would be some sort of extraterrestrial, especially since it appears to be coming out of a portal in the Japanese trailer. But the connection to Lillie seems more likely after reading its description.

I think it would be hilarious if Aether not only turns out to be evil, but if Skull turns out to be good in the end.

lol I noticed that apparent cutiefly evo but the high traffic here wasn't letting me post about it and now others have beaten me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw, alolan raticate is quite the hideous creature. I was hoping it would be super cool and villainous, but they just made it... Fat.

The official website even says it moves like a little girl.

Sure they might as well slap a "Lillie" tag on it's forehead. (or "her" forehead I guess)
Yeah, I'm yet to read the website, I'll go do that now.

When Lusamine first appeared I thought she was Lillie mother/older sister//both?, but after UB-01, there's an obvious connection to it, as well. The similar appearance here can be 2 things: literal or symbolic.

Literal would be that UB-01 IS actually Lillie, but shapeshifted its appearance. But there's still the similarity between the President and the mysterious Lillie, so it could be that UB-01 based its human appearance on Lusamine but made itself look younger, or that's actually what she looked like when she was young.

The symbolic would be that they just LOOK similar without being the same, but till have some sort of deep connection. Like, in the anime, we had Rainer, Pyro, and Spark whose hair was made to resemble the Eeveelutions they have to indicate their relationship. Maybe Lillie is friends with these Ultra Beasts and wants to help them do... whatever it is they do.

Last edited:
Aether piss me off because their designs are so so so so close to being fantastic, but then there's bizarre choices that alost ruin the design for me. (The way Faba's neck collars are placed, Wicke's sleeves.) At least they have normal footwear, unlike you, Kukui and Hau.

So, we got some noticeable info that hints at Lillie's secrets. It's pretty obvious at this point that she's tying into things in a big way. I mean, she's clearly Lusamine's daughter, and is Gladion in disguise. Gladion's wearing a sweater to hide their true, feminine body, and Lillie's hair is actually a giant wig. They couldn't have made this more obvious, Gladion is Lillie.

Enough with new plot-based mechanics, though. Ultra Beasts sound cool, but I want sidequests and things that will make the game have more replay value.

That whole thing about how every Pokemon (no matter the region) is deserving of her love is just creepy.

Seriously giving off some bad vibes.
She is probably just like N, trying to be good but just might end up as a villain. Since N was just Unova, her quote possibly means she gonna conquer the whole world :eek:

Back
Top Bottom