• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Vyrron

#TeamSword
Reaction score
Where to look for news:
Japanese Pokémon Youtube Channel
English Pokémon Youtube Channel
English Sun/Moon Website
Japanese Sun/Moon Website
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
February:
Announcement trailer
Screenshots:

tpsBs6n.gif

May:
Starters revealed
Train on #01 (30sec. version)
CoroCoro Trailer

June:
Explore the Alola Region
Various Japanese clips:
Zygarde trailer
E3 Demo (gameplay starts at 13:00)

July:
More Pokémon revealed (Tapu Koko, Grubbin, etc)
Gameplay Trailer (Japanese)
More newly discovered Pokémon (Wimpod, Bounsweet, etc.)

August:
Alola Forms and Z-Moves Revealed (Japanese version)
Discover More Pokémon and Meet Team Skull (Japanese version)

September:
Nintendo 3DS Direct (Pokémon news starts at 1:00)
Alolan Rattata and special Z-moves (Japanese version)
More adventures of Hawaii kid (Japanese)
Ultra Beasts and the Aether Foundation (Japanese version)
Famitsu trailer (English version)
Version Exclusive Pokémon, Pokémon Refresh and new Z-moves (Japanese version)

October:
Evolved Forms of the Starter Pokémon Revealed (Japanese version)
Evolutions revealed (Japanese version)
Unlockable Trailer in demo
CoroCoro Video (Totem Gumshoos battle)
NicoNico Livestream Gameplay Footage (part1)
NicoNico Livestream Gameplay Footage (part2, incl. whole first trial)
NicoNico Livestream Battle Royal Footage
Final Starter Evos revealed and more (Japanese version)
Train on #03
Long promotional trailer
Short promotional trailer #1
Short promotional trailer #2
Short promotional trailer #3

November:
Starter Z-Moves, more Ultra Beasts, and Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio:

(Japanese version)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we get some more info and a proper trailer very soon. All we know about the games is that they're Gen VII and what they're called.

Has anyone translated the legible text in the screencaps yet?

Not impressed with the trailer. Most of it showed previous pokemon games and some footage from them. Kind of a waste of time. Have to wait for another trailer.

Well it was technically a video celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Pokemon series; it was not a trailer. Sun and Moon weren't the main focus of the video, they were mentioned at the end to start the hype train.

Is it safe to assume that we'll be getting new info near ~March 10th, coinciding with CoroCoro leaks?
I mean at least the starters, box legends, and maybe an actual trailer with real gameplay footage?

Is it safe to assume that we'll be getting new info near ~March 10th, coinciding with CoroCoro leaks?
I mean at least the starters, box legends, and maybe an actual trailer with real gameplay footage?

They'll probably announce some stuff after CoroCoro, but whether CoroCoro contains anything new is another story.

I would assume at the least the legendaries will be revealed this month. Usually we get them a mpnth after the game titles, along with the starters, but I dunno, I can see a drip feed this time around. Like legendarues inarch, starters in april, PCs in May and then when we get to June we start getting more and more like the region and gameplay features.

I would assume at the least the legendaries will be revealed this month. Usually we get them a mpnth after the game titles, along with the starters, but I dunno, I can see a drip feed this time around. Like legendarues inarch, starters in april, PCs in May and then when we get to June we start getting more and more like the region and gameplay features.
I'd wager we'll get the legendaries and starters at the same time, with possibly the PCs' designs and a hint of the region, then mostly silence until at least May. Then again, a slow-drip would be pretty torturous for me. I'd rather get a good amount of information at once and then nothing for a while than limp along on scraps until E3.

Well, looking to the past, Unova got a reveal after Hilbert/Hilda, Nunova alongside Nate/Rosa, and Kalos was actually before the PC's, so who know. I definitely think we will be looking at a long prerelease period if they wanted us to catch a glimpse of the regional bird this early. The post I made definitely seems like the case, with maybe a couple of new Pokemon here and there. Also dunno if I posted it here, but I definitely assume they will want to Showcase the Magearna event sooner or later, and finally do a game reveal for the Zygarde Formes.

I just hope that we don't get a barren news spell like we did from February to May in 2013 for XY. Sylveon and 'ambiguous new Mewtwo form' (Mega Mewtwo Y) were decent reveals, but knowing next to nothing about them as well as the games themselves made for a really frustrating few months. The CoroCoro in May was when the information became very juicy.

If more than three-quarters of the new Pokemon are unveiled again, I may have to go on a partial media blackout - or at least pick and choose which elements of news to spoil myself on. Human characters, region and features are fair game, but I would prefer to discover the majority of new Pokemon by myself this time. That's a luxury I haven't really afforded myself since Gen III.

Sadly, I do think there will be some sort of dry spell in the news, it's pretty typical that we don't see a real news blowout until around May/June and with a holiday release we've still got a ways to go and they're likely not going to be able to fill that time. So I could see us having little to no news in the next 2 or 3 months. I just hope we at least get the starters and mascots and maybe a gameplay trailer before the news slows.

X/Y announcements left us with starters/screens/legends. We at least knew what the game looked like and had a rough idea of what to expect when gen 6 was initially announced. This made the new drought from feb-may somewhat bearable in hindsight.

S/M announcement left us with. . . logo's and concept art. I guess we also know Magerna exists too, but I do really hope we have at starters or at least silhouettes of starters by mid March. Imo leaving too much time to speculate with nothing concrete can be a bad thing, as nobody is really sure high how their standards/hopes should be or what to expect at all.

I think we can all agree though that the SM reveal trailer was a better celebration of 20 years of Pokemon than the Superbowl commercial
Certainly more of a celebration of the franchise as a video game series (not least because there was more than one non-Gen I Pokemon seen...).

Honestly, I think we'll be getting some info in CoroCoro, but as to what? I'm not sure. I'm wanting at least to know more about maybe the starters or info on the region?

did you see the pokemon on the Horsey water fontain?
those green ones under it?

Back
Top Bottom