• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

The long wait and zero explanations for things is giving me Rihanna ANTI vibes...(that album is one of the best this decade though, so if that's any indication, then Sun & Moon are going to be pure ecstasy)

Honestly, they probably know what they are doing, and it's not like this lack of info/preview promo is going to hurt in anyway. They could go full on blackout and pull a Beyoncé
Self-Titled release (zero promo or warning of it coming) and it would still receive massive sales that would rival any other top franchise in the gaming industry.

The Pokémon brand itself is a
(pocket) monster, they won't release garbage or let the fans down. They might even be sick of the constant release schedule and promotion cycle, so by doing what they are now they could be trying to set precedent for future releases and promo cycles of less info as opposed to the XY Generation 6 approach.

The long wait and zero explanations for things is giving me Rihanna ANTI vibes...(that album is one of the best this decade though, so if that's any indication, then Sun & Moon are going to be pure ecstasy)

Honestly, they probably know what they are doing, and it's not like this lack of info/preview promo is going to hurt in anyway. They could go full on blackout and pull a Beyoncé
Self-Titled release (zero promo or warning of it coming) and it would still receive massive sales that would rival any other top franchise in the gaming industry.

The Pokémon brand itself is a
(pocket) monster, they won't release garbage or let the fans down. They might even be sick of the constant release schedule and promotion cycle, so by doing what they are now they could be trying to set precedent for future releases and promo cycles of less info as opposed to the XY Generation 6 approach.

Dude, you're giving me ATRL teas ... When will Flopti? God Is Acting is sooo much better ...

Queen SIA. I wish Pokemon games had stars in them! Perhaps S / M will have celebrities make cameo appearances in the guise of Pokemon. Kind of like Jynx. That would be cool. #UnstoppableJynx

To be fair, I think the information release schedule is likely weird right now because 1) Pokken Tournament, a super-hyped game that had a lot of development, just came out not long ago so most of Game Freaks advertising and marketing has been geared towards that instead of a game much farther off. And 2) they seem to have been planning this game at least since early gen 6 and it clearly seems to have big ties to that generation as well. I think Sun and Moon is going to have something very big in it, either a crazy epic plot that turns everything on it's head or some insane new mechanic, and they don't want to release too much information about it too soon, so they're holding back.

It's super frustrating, and feels like trolling to us fans, and I will probably call it trolling as a form of hyperbole at some point,, and indeed already have, but the truth is that they probably have sound, non-troll-like reasons for the way they are doing this.

There's nothing weird about the amount of information we've gotten so far. It's not at all uncommon for us to know almost nothing about the game for two months after the announcement, they usually don't start talking until around May or June. Remember in XY how after they revealed the game they didn't reveal anything new until May except for hints about Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y? Or how they told us nothing about BW2 except the titles and Kyurem's new forms until April? This happens all of the time.

There's nothing weird about the amount of information we've gotten so far. It's not at all uncommon for us to know almost nothing about the game for two months after the announcement, they usually don't start talking until around May or June. Remember in XY how after they revealed the game they didn't reveal anything new until May except for hints about Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y?
We still got the starters and mascots from the get-go in XY's case, not to mention that Sylveon's type and the identity of Mega Mewtwo Y gave us things to discuss. This time we only have Magearna and concept art.

A better comparison would be BW, as we only knew about Zorua and Zoroark for the first two months (we didn't even have titles).

Wasn't sure if this was worth posting or not, buuuuuuuut....

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/716920614208950272

Very nice fanart, but I'm posting this because of the hashtags he put in the post. Saying that he's "waiting for #PokemonSunMoon #hype" I thought it was kind of odd to put those specific hashtags on a piece of someone's fanart, maybe S/M info incoming?

Wasn't sure if this was worth posting or not, buuuuuuuut....

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/716920614208950272

Very nice fanart, but I'm posting this because of the hashtags he put in the post. Saying that he's "waiting for #PokemonSunMoon #hype" I thought it was kind of odd to put those specific hashtags on a piece of someone's fanart, maybe S/M info incoming?

The person who made the art put the hashtags on. All Masuda said was "Cool". Masuda would have retweeted and commented on the pic most likely with or without the Sun and Moon hashtags

We still got the starters and mascots from the get-go in XY's case, not to mention that Sylveon's type and the identity of Mega Mewtwo Y gave us things to discuss. This time we only have Magearna and concept art.

A better comparison would be BW, as we only knew about Zorua and Zoroark for the first two months (we didn't even have titles).

That's still not a whole lot to discuss, plus there was a 4 month drought whereas right now we're only sitting at 2.

Gamefreak marketing strategy does seem a bit...odd, ever since last summer when they showed us those new Zygarde formes without any explanation.

The only real explanation they needed was "we want to showcase this Pokemon before it's too late". With OR/AS done with and the clock ticking on Gen VII and its February announcement, it certainly seems like they didn't have a large amount of options on what to do with Zygarde.

Although I do think they missed an opportunity to blow our socks off in March with CoroCoro. Striking while the iron's hot, and all that. That said, I'm sure they're getting ready to open the floodgates this month.

I expect some news around 13th -15th. Don't think we would get news any earlier this time but it would be great if it came out earlier.

Okay so after this corocoro I'm convinced that GF is just padding till e3. Not that that's a bad thing, but I'm predicting

May: Corocoro's "big scoop" is the box legendaries. We don't get anything else.

June: Corocoro does their blowout thing with trainers, starters, screenshots, region info, the same week, nintendo covers the news in their e3 digital event and shows the first gameplay.

Okay so after this corocoro I'm convinced that GF is just padding till e3. Not that that's a bad thing, but I'm predicting

May: Corocoro's "big scoop" is the box legendaries. We don't get anything else.

June: Corocoro does their blowout thing with trainers, starters, screenshots, region info, the same week, nintendo covers the news in their e3 digital event and shows the first gameplay.

It's not a bad way to do it either imo. Depriving us and making us thirsty for something will make us appreciate a giant news bomb even more.

Wouldn't it be surprising if we silhouettes of the mascots next month? Anyway, I rather wait for the games to come out because i can no longer rely on Corocoro which has not been honest and overhyping news.

Wouldn't it be surprising if we silhouettes of the mascots next month? Anyway, I rather wait for the games to come out because i can no longer rely on Corocoro which has not been honest and overhyping news.
You've been around since 2011. I'm surprised that you weren't expecting this. Coro Coro is usually pretty feast or famine.

You've been around since 2011. I'm surprised that you weren't expecting this. Coro Coro is usually pretty feast or famine.
Well E3 might be more reliable since they don't overhyped the news the way corocoro does. Of course there is no guarantee that there will be Sun and Moon news.

Back
Top Bottom