• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

NoirGrimoir

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
One of the things I notice about our little fandom is that we do not often consider the people on the other side. The social media directors and layout artists and editors and such. The people who consiously prepare each major announcement. Information like this does not leak through twitter in the way the fake suggests. It would have to be deliberately written up by a human being and consiously posted at a time that such information would not be released.
Not suggesting this twitter post is real, or doesn't have a 99.9% likelihood to be a complete fake. But pokemon social media has made the mistake of incorrectly posting things in such a way that it has prematurely revealed information before. More than once, even.

Tuoko

Reaction score
Apparently the Pokemon twitter tweeted about Fusion evolution, but took it down? Please tell me the tweet was photoshopped or was a joke.
Here you go.

image.png

It's pretty much fake... so yeah. lol

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Not suggesting this twitter post is real, or doesn't have a 99.9% likelihood to be a complete fake. But pokemon social media has made the mistake of incorrectly posting things in such a way that it has prematurely revealed information before. More than once, even.
Regretably I am not recalling any notable incidents. The best I can think of is the 1 frame slip up that revealed furfrou in a trailer.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Serebii just tweeted that Pokemon Sun and Moon will come out on October 5th in Japan, though they did say "Sorry about that previous tweet", but confirmed news will happen on May 10th.

Falconwing

Reaction score
Yeah, disregard the OCtober 10th part, but we do seem to be getting something on the 10th (which would be the 9th functionally in the West). So can we all wait the next 4 days?

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
What do you think the possibilities of seeing a trailer are for this? Also I think whatever it is, is going to be showcased in Corocoro with no other big surprises.

Last edited:

ArvAl

The Lunatic Is On The Grass
Reaction score
Kinda bit sceptical about this month. Last time they trolled us twice and I cannot afford to take it again. Of course, chances are big now, however it doesn't guarantee to be enormous hype news.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
They are saying "first news" which means they are finally going to reveal something about Sun and Moon to us. Then again, this could just be overhyping again and they're just going to reveal something like "Oh. We have a concrete date now. Its gonna be released November 15th."

Tuoko

Reaction score
They are saying "first news" which means they are finally going to reveal something about Sun and Moon to us. Then again, this could just be overhyping again and they're just going to reveal something like "Oh. We have a concrete date now. Its gonna be released November 15th."
I don't think they'd update the site just for that.

They pretty much promised boxart this month and considering how the mascot Legendaries since Dialga and Palkia haven't been revealed in CoroCoro, this is definitely the mascot Legendaries. Though I hope they reveal the starters and PCs as well.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I don't think they'd update the site just for that.

They pretty much promised boxart this month and considering how the mascot Legendaries since Dialga and Palkia haven't been revealed in CoroCoro, this is definitely the mascot Legendaries. Though I hope they reveal the starters and PCs as well.
Yeah I'm gonna hope its them just revealing the potential Solgaleo and Lunaala mascot Legendaries and HOPEFULLY the starters. I honestly wouldn't count out a trailer being released, though it feels like the chances are small.

Falconwing

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna hope its them just revealing the potential Solgaleo and Lunaala mascot Legendaries and HOPEFULLY the starters. I honestly wouldn't count out a trailer being released, though it feels like the chances are small.
Based on what?

Junichi Masuda himself is saying we will see information. Coro Coro has promised box art. This means that we will at least see the box legendaries on Tuesday. By this time for XY and BW we already had in-game footage so I see no reason not to do the full blown trailer now. It's time.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Based on what?

Junichi Masuda himself is saying we will see information. Coro Coro has promised box art. This means that we will at least see the box legendaries on Tuesday. By this time for XY and BW we already had in-game footage so I see no reason not to do the full blown trailer now. It's time.
I'm just saying based on how little information we've gotten so far, but you're right. It is time we got a full blown trailer like we got for X and Y when it was announced.

Cainhxrst

Reaction score
That put the biggest smile on my face. Super stoked. Can't wait. It took like two months but it's finally happening.

Spindae2

Reaction score
I expect a trailer as well. Them just uploading pokes to the main page would be anticlimactic.

Maybe it won't be a trailer, maybe it'll be a video with Masuda or something but I expect a video of sorts.

Tensho

Reaction score
Finally, I was getting anxious of when they gonna throw things out this month.

conqueror

Reaction score
Very good news. I'm sure that it has something to do with the promise of CoroCoro for further news in May. So, at least I expect the two legendary pokemon.

firepanda

The Fluffy
Reaction score
Makes sense. Corocoro promised to reveal the box art, and presumably the mascots in the upcoming edition. Nintendo will want a global reveal though, hence a trailer just before the leaks come out.

I wouldn't expect starters though guys. That's another big reveal in itself. It'll be overworld and box mascots at best. To be honest, most games wouldn't reveal so much this far before release.

Disobedient

Ice Type Master
Reaction score
Finally. I can't wait to see the new stuff.

Problem is that CoroCoro comes out on the 14th this month iirc, so chances are that leaks will spoil the reveal. I think I'm gonna stay away from Pokemon news until Tuesday