• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Going with the current flow of things, I'd expect the next trailer to show some new Pokémon with some Alolan forms and Z-Moves and a new feature or two. Perhaps they could also bring unexpected things like Megas or cross-evos or non-Kanto Alolan forms or something else entirely into the mix too.

If they do show something new, I hope that it's the Battle Frontier, but a revamped one. If customization can return, so can the Battle Frontier. :)

Yeah! I would like to see the Battle Frontier return in some form or fashion, maybe with some new or changed facilities.

You know what else could be cool? Contests. Maybe Contests could return too (or by itself), but changed to fit it with the motif of Alola, showcasing the diverse bonds between Pokémon and their trainers instead of the appearance or strength of Pokémon in various challenges and competitions. Maybe have a challenge in which you guide your Pokémon through various natural obstacles in their way such as a river or a rocky mountainside to a set destination at the end. Maybe another one could have you trying to find your own Pokémon via cries and other cues in a forest. Yet another one could be you and your Pokémon cooperating together to flip switches and solve puzzles to advance to the next room to the end. That would be really cool.

Of course, the things I stated for these potential Alolan contests could also be challenges you have to face in the other unseen trials that we'll encounter while playing the game, which would be fine too. It just would add to it all if we had a contest with its own set of challenges as well to serve as a parallel with the Trials.

Maybe if the battle frontier is less "battle with annoying gimmicks!" and more "battle and show your strength and skill with the pokemon you raised!" it should come back. I've never wanted to play them, and looking at their wiki pages doesn't make me want to.

Hoenn's:
Battle Tower: You can only use 3 pokemon, or you can use four in double battles. Not that bad, I guess. (Except for that obnoxious one battle right after another for 7 battles situation... makes it less a battle of skill and more a battle of whether or not the random number gods decide how much HP you use and how much pp your pokemon have before they run out and become useless in the next fights.
Battle Palace: Just sit there and watch your pokemon do whatever they want, depending on nature. Yes, nothing shows your skill as a trainer but just throwing your pokemon into a seven straight battles and then just sitting on your hands drooling while you wait for the battles to end. Seems more frustrating than fun. Basically how yokai watch is. But at least with yokai watch you can have them do special attacks.
Battle Factory: You don't even use your own pokemon. Yeah, work with what you get and show your 'skill' as a trainer. But I didn't spend a whole game raising my favorite pokemon to be the best just to walk into somewhere and be forbidden from using my own pokemon. No thank you.
Battle Pyramid: Pitch black, must defeat opponents to get light. No items for you save what you find inside the pyramid. Oh, also there are wild pokemon. Fun times! These pokemon are also generated on a gimmick of types, moves used, status effects... vomit.
Battle Dome: This one looks interesting and less obnoxious gimmicky than the others and looks like an actual tournament. I'd try this one at least. Though instead of random trainers they could have combatants be other trainers, gym leaders, elite four and champions like in that one tournament from gen 5.
Battle Arena: Less of a battle, more of a contest where pokemon use moves at each other. Woopie.
Battle Pike: "Take a guess what's in the room! We give you a hint but really, you have vague knowledge of what you're going to get into. Also one of the options is randomly slapping status ailments on some of your pokemon?" How is this fun...?

Sinnoh's:
Battle Tower: Well at least this one is okay to have brought back over... why not the Dome though.
Battle Factory: Because we needed to use pokemon other than the ones we raised again.
Battle Arcade: Basically the battle pike except with a game board spinning wheel to decide what 'fun and exciting' element is going to be added to the battle instead of a vague hint. So much fun I tell you what woopiedoo.
Battle Castle: The main gimmick is a special currency used within the castle itself... obnoxious. It's basically there to limit spending on items to heal pokemon between fights since you can only use what you get inside the castle. Top that off with, for some reason, the 'princess' of the castle isn't even the one who battles you. Instead a butler is your opponent. He's the true brain, the little spoiled princess just gets to decide how much CP you get after a battle... and then this girl who doesn't even battle on her own became a member of the elite four in another somehow...
Battle Hall: This one actually seems interesting to me. You use one pokemon for 10 fights. Somehow this seems very interesting to me because it allows for less feelings of "man I chose poorly" when with just the one pokemon its that pokemon's skills being tested instead of your ability to form a small team hoping to have defense against a bunch of unknowns.

yeah they'd have to do a lot to make me interested in this stuff. Maybe make the battle frontier and actual big place to explore with challenging opponents not based off random gimmicks involving not using my own pokemon, limiting my ability to take care of my pokemon during the challenge, or getting slapped with status effects without being in battle... on top of that you have to repeat this multiple times before the main NPC even does battle with you in their house of gimmicks. It is a shame because the npcs who give you your tokens or whatever you get for beating them when they finally show up have pretty interesting designs and could be cool characters (except Caitlin because lets face it she's just a psychic brat who couldn't control her emotions and couldn't battle you herself because of it and then somehow managed to become a member of the elite four in Unova [can you tell I hate her?] She's pretty much just a spoiled rich girl who wants to sleep all day to me :|).

Game Freak made it clear the BF is not coming back. We probably get a copy and pasted battle maison again.

Battle Maison is weaker than Battle Frontier. The BF is the best kind of battle facility in the pokemon series.

Game Freak made it clear the BF is not coming back. We probably get a copy and pasted battle maison again.

GF also made it clear customization isn't coming back and that we would never have something else than Gyms. And yet here we are.

Also: all these things were said by Masuda, who is in fact not directing this game. Anything can happen now.

GF also made it clear customization isn't coming back and that we would never have something else than Gyms. And yet here we are.

Also: all these things were said by Masuda, who is in fact not directing this game. Anything can happen now.
True but they said people didn't had time for it and some wouldn't be interesting these days. Possible but I wouldn't expect to see it again.

The BF is the best kind of battle facility in the pokemon series.
For reasons I stated in a post above yours, that's entirely your opinion. You're welcome to it of course but for me, BF is just annoying and maybe two of the facilities created for it are something I would even consider worth my time and energy. The pokeathlon was much better to me.

Anything considered the best will always be subjective.

Anyway, the wait for news has begun again. :p

Last edited:
So I've seen Alolan Persian jump up and out as a subject of discussion, but to be honest I feel like it wont be shown due to either:

A) The fact it's a Version Exclusive Totem Pokémon
Or
B) It's Plumeria or Guzma's main Pokémon

So I've seen Alolan Persian jump up and out as a subject of discussion, but to be honest I feel like it wont be shown due to either:

A) The fact it's a Version Exclusive Totem Pokémon
Or
B) It's Plumeria or Guzma's main Pokémon
But Alolan Faticate is a Version Exclusive Totem Pokemon for Moon and it was shown.

But Alolan Faticate is a Version Exclusive Totem Pokemon for Moon and it was shown.

Alola Faticate isnt a correct phrase seeing as the normal Raticate isn't fat :p

Also, it could just be Alolan Persian's counterpart hasn't been revealed, seeing as Faticate was revealed way after Gumshoos.

For reasons I stated in a post above yours, that's entirely your opinion. You're welcome to it of course but for me, BF is just annoying and maybe two of the facilities created for it are something I would even consider worth my time and energy. The pokeathlon was much better to me.
How is it annoying? It is a way to push players to new limits and to create new strategies. Pokeathlon is alright but it is not as great as the BF. The only thing in pokemon I consider annoying is customization but that is my opinion.

I don't think the 4th would have repeat news because we basically had all of this month's news covered so expecting something new in October.

Back
Top Bottom