• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

Isaac Gravity

Drifter
Reaction score
I'd rather not argue new features that have been lightly touched upon vs existing ones as we've yet to have the games in our hands to see how they stack up (as if that should matter) but hey, Join Ave is back and better than ever in some forms. Also explains the whole festival point stuff noted some time back.

...And we got the second forms. What am I looking at here? That said, snoot-trix has my attention and Brionne's official art looks nice.

After wasting so much time hijacking the games with them, it would be incredibly annoying if Mega Evolution is being treated as an after thought. So many monsters deserving at their own chance of overwhelming power... BUT if Alolan Variants go to more than just Kanto (Can I see an Alolan Milotic and Lilligant GF? *hint-hint* you'd just be doing tickling my fancy if an Alolan Meinshao exists) I suppose I can let bygones be on both fronts...

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I hear you have to buy mega stones through BP. Not too thrilled about it to be honest. Don't want to spend time collecting enough points for each mega stone. I rather just buy them with money like in ORAS and XY.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
I hear you have to buy mega stones through BP. Not too thrilled about it to be honest. Don't want to spend time collecting enough points for each mega stone. I rather just buy them with money like in ORAS and XY.
It's possible it might just be for some of them. It might also be like with a lot of evo. items, being a way to get more of them than just the first one you find.

Esserise

She's a conch shell
Reaction score
It's possible it might just be for some of them. It might also be like with a lot of evo. items, being a way to get more of them than just the first one you find.
The official site says:

> "The Mega Stones for Pokémon that appear in the Alola region may be received from people in the game or obtained from special shops."

And we already know that you receive an Alakazite from Sina and Dexio. So you won't have to buy all of them with BP, but I am expecting that you will for a lot of them.

Poké Boss

The Best Gym Leader
Reaction score
So yeah so far:
SM
1. Battle Royal
2. Pokemon Ride
3. Pokemon Amie
4. Poke Pelago
5. Rotom Dex(as PokeFinder is actually a feature of it, much like Mirage Spots of Soaring)
6. Festival Plaza

ORAS
1. Soaring&HMs
2. PokeNav+
3. Contests
4. Battle Maison
5. Secret Bases
6. Battle Institute
7. Battle Court
So, to pretend that SM has as much content as ORAS, you counted DexNav, BuzzNav, AreaNav, Trainer´s Eyes, Amie and Super Training as ONE SINGLE FEATURE! Great.

... And yet I am the biased one ;)

Whatever, this´s going off topic, keep believing in your own truth and peace!

Last edited:

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Yeah I know, I was just joking because we all keep expecting it to be revealed and it never is, just like Trevenant.
You think the next updates are just going to knockout the evolutions for pokemon we already have such as pikipek, cutiefly,etc. Maybe some more kahunas, or trial captains or something. Maybe there's 4 trial captains each island making a total of 16!

Aromatic Mist

Achilles' Heal
Reaction score
So that rancher guy, Mohn? Notice his eye and hair colour? His name is also apparently German for 'poppy', meaning he's another character named after flowers, which we were hinted would be important.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
You think the next updates are just going to knockout the evolutions for pokemon we already have such as pikipek, cutiefly,etc. Maybe some more kahunas, or trial captains or something. Maybe there's 4 trial captains each island making a total of 16!
Could be. I want to say we won't get more features announced but they keep showing and more so I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more for features left to announce! :D

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Could be. I want to say we won't get more features announced but they keep showing and more so I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more for features left to announce! :D
Well... the next update is october 14th

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
So that rancher guy, Mohn? Notice his eye and hair colour? His name is also apparently German for 'poppy', meaning he's another character named after flowers, which we were hinted would be important.
Dude straight up looks like an older and fatter Aarune, wouldn't be surprised ifnthey are brothers or cousins.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Dude straight up looks like an older and fatter Aarune, wouldn't be surprised ifnthey are brothers or cousins.
After Alolan Oak, who knows?

I'm not certain though, Aarune's from Unova and not Kanto. :p

Aromatic Mist

Achilles' Heal
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping he'd be Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie's irrelevant older brother/father tbh, it'd be funny to have all three in the background like 'I'm the president of a foundation', 'I'm a high ranking member of a national crime organisation', 'I may or may not be a jellyfish' with Mohn just crying in the foreground with his irrelevance :p

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I don't think we're going to get much at all on the 14th. Probably just an update on Type: Null. Nothing probably noteworthy, like last month's update on the 14th.

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
It already has though. Making your own base is fine, but without visiting others through streetpass or chaining friends through forums is never going to make it worthwhile.
HM's are content, yes. When they offer a means for either further progression in the region, or a means to reach new areas for either otherwise unobtainable items or new Pokemon, yes. Pokemon Ride especially so as it so far snowballs old HM features(surf, rock smash, fly)with stuff like item finding, fast travel on land, and fishing. Its new gameplay content especially so if they expand it to having onoy certain Pokemon illuminate your path, and so on so forth. So yeah so far:
SM
1. Battle Royal
2. Pokemon Ride
3. Pokemon Amie
4. Poke Pelago
5. Rotom Dex(as PokeFinder is actually a feature of it, much like Mirage Spots of Soaring)
6. Festival Plaza

ORAS
1. Soaring&HMs
2. PokeNav+
3. Contests
4. Battle Maison
5. Secret Bases
6. Battle Institute
7. Battle Court

More or less on the same page, as the PokeNav has a lot of inbuilt stuff that is separated in , and league rematches are in every game, lets not get silly with what counts as a feature for longevity. And we still are a good month away, with features still likely being withhels
Why do we have to compare the games like this both are fine games (even though I haven't played Sm yet aince its not out, however it looks fine)

However I'll add my two cents

S&M
1. z moves
2. new pokemon
3. battle royal
4. pokemon amie like feature
5. customization
6. ultra beasts
7. pokemon snap feature
8. festival plazas
9. alolan forms

oras
1. soaring (soaring is seperate from mirage spots because its cool to get to fly above the region, mirage spots where like an extra safari zone)
2. contests
3. new megas
4. pokenav+
5. pokemon amie
6. mirage spots
7. delta episode
8. secret bases
9. primal reversion

Honestly the content of either game is fine and theres no need to compare them, if we really nit picked it we could find dozens of other bits of content I could add wonder trade for oras or new abilties for sm (through oras did add 3 new moves and abilities) I could put new characters for sun and moon and for oras as well as character redesigns we could literally nit pick this all day

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
*** The Battle Royal, Join Avenue, Festival missions, etc, are NOT confirmed to be in game, they are only confirmed as a multiplayer online feature, sofar.
What on earth makes single player features better than multiplayer ones? As long as they aren't local only (unlike Unova's Entralink) and random players can be paired together, the features should be perfectly accessible.

And those features disappear once the internet support of the SM is gone in a few years lol
They won't disappear for as long as Sun and Moon are relevant. And any feature not tied to the Global Link will be accessible even after the generation is over (the Nintendo Network is unlikely to be shut down anytime soon, since it is maintained by Nintendo itself rather than a third party).

Poké Boss

The Best Gym Leader
Reaction score
What on earth makes single player features better than multiplayer ones? As long as they aren't local only (unlike Unova's Entralink) and random players can be paired together, the features should be perfectly accessible.

They won't disappear for as long as Sun and Moon are relevant. And any feature not tied to the Global Link will be accessible even after the generation is over (the Nintendo Network is unlikely to be shut down anytime soon, since it is maintained by Nintendo itself rather than a third party).
"As long as SM is relevant", is not good enough for me, those features should always stay available.

For example, I got to play BW2 for the first time this year, 2016. I had, and still have, a lot of fun with Funfest Missions, and Join Avenue. Do you know why? Because they weren´t extinct due to online support ending. That´s why. Game Freak were intelligent enough to assure those features could continue to be enjoyed even 5, or 10 years after the game´s release.

So, if SM´s Plaza Join Avenue and Funfest Missions equivalents are online/multiplayer only, it would be very disappointing. If they managed to make them single player and multiplayer in BW2, there is no excuse they make them multiplayer only for SM.

Just my personal opinion, though. I know some people only care about a game when it is "relevant", but I can´t really enjoy a feature that I know will not be available if I replay the game in a few years.

Last edited:

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
"As long as SM is relevant", is not good enough for me, they should always stay available.

For example, I got to play BW2 for the first time this year, 2016. I had, and still have, a lot of fun with Funfest Missions, and Join Avenue. Do you know why? Because they weren´t extinct due to online support ending. That´s why. Game Freak were intelligent enough to assure those features could continue to be enjoyed even 5, or 10 years after the game´s release.

So, if SM´s Plaza Join Avenue and Funfest Missions equivalents are online/multiplayer only, it would be very disappointing. If they managed to make them single player and multiplayer in BW2, there is no excuse they make those multiplayer only for SM.

Just my personal opinion, though. I know some people only care about a game when it is "relevanr¡t", but I can´t really enjoy a feature that I know will not be available if I replay the game in a few years.
I gotta agree with this. I'm disappointed to see that features in games I never got around to playing have been discontinued before I could even experience them. Like I never got Black or White, but now if or when I do, I guess I'll never know what Dream World was like?

And I still play Diamond occasionally (which is actually the last Pokemon game I ever got- I really haven't been interested in playing any of the games until Sun and Moon) just to dig in the Underground, so let's say that the Underground was an online feature that they could discontinue- that would suck because that's my favorite feature for that particular game and the reason I keep going back to it.

So yeah, online-only features are kind of dangerous in that they do eventually disappear and either someone picking up an old game is going to miss out on something or someone who used to play might lose a feature that they fell in love with. Online features are better if they can still work offline, so you can still use things even when the online service is discontinued- because I do understand that they can't just keep supporting online features for old games.