• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Trailers and News Discussion

Sad Grass-Type
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm mystified as to why the people getting up in arms about this are choosing to do so now. It's not as if this is anything new.

I also feel like people need to get past their insecurities and accept that, ultimately, something looking "feminine" isn't bad or wrong, and that it's pretty restrictive to say that people of a certain gender "should" look a certain way, but people have already tackled that argument before me. A lot of gender-related stuff is socially constructed anyway, so it's completely ridiculous to say that something should be male or female simply because its appearance is coded as "masculine" or "feminine". The game does let us know if a Pokemon is male or female... by showing us the little symbol next to its name.

For example, think of RL animals. If I say "angler fish", for instance, you'll probably think of a badass-looking fish with too many teeth. That's stereotypically masculine... but angler fish with those characteristics are all female. (The males are smaller and less intimidating.) On the flip side, there's a lot of different kinds of birds where the male has showy, colorful plumage while the female is more plain. The sexual dimorphism we do see in Pokemon usually tends to be pretty realistic wrt how animals look in the real world as well: it's things like slightly different markings, certain parts of the body being larger and smaller, or so on. None of this follows what humans have coded as masculine or feminine. (Unless you're Wobbuffet, but Wobbuffet is a joke character.)

TL;DR: I'm totally gonna rock that male Brionne

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I am glad that we saw new features. I didn't think that we'd be seeing two new features. So that was a nice bonus. :)

just a prankster, juvenile gangster
Reaction score
Was something supposed to happen on the 8th, or am I remembering that wrong again?

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
Was something supposed to happen on the 8th, or am I remembering that wrong again?

Maybe yo're thinking about the 18th when the demo will drop. Other wise we're waiting for the 14th and the CoroCoro leaks lol

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
In case anyone didn't notice, Nintendo UK posted a trailer. It's the same trailer as the Japanese trailer (with the CGI Legends and bits of gameplay/dialog set to good music). While it doesn't show anything significantly new (except for a few new Z-Move names: Never-Ending Nightmare and All-Out Pummeling), it is nice to see a translated version of that trailer. Plus I love watching the CGI Legends, as they're so breathtaking in that style. Just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: I did forget to mention something. A new Trail Captain name was also dropped during the trailer: Ilima. So it looks like we know of five Trial Captains now (though we didn't see Ilima in the flesh, so we don't know if it's a he/she or what type he/she specializes in).

Last edited:
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/fL6QuYi3rpo

Heads up, Nintendo's UK youtube channel just uploaded the Japanese trailer we got a while back, revealing new information - a new trial captain + the name of some Z moves I believe (sorry, I'm in class!).

#TeamSword
Reaction score
Yup Ilima is the new Trial Captain while Never-Ending Nightmare and All-Out Pummeling are the Ghost and Fighting Z-moves respectively.

Edit: Ilima is a plant native to Hawaii and it represents the island flower of O'ahu. They're also used to make lei. Since Comfey (the lei Pokemon) is a Fairy-type I'm assuming Ilima might be the Fairy-type Captain.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've also heard speculation that Ilima could be a ground-type trial captain since the Ilima flower can be found on beaches.

Reaction score
I will have a problem if the Rowlet line doesnt get Sonic boom and if Poplios line dont gets Perish Song.
Even Hyper Voice should be given (This move also should be given Meganium)

Achilles' Heal
Reaction score
I will have a problem if the Rowlet line doesnt get Sonic boom and if Poplios line dont gets Perish Song.
Even Hyper Voice should be given (This move also should be given Meganium)
What do Sonic Boom and Hyper Voice have to do with Rowlet and Meganium?

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Reaction score
They're still hiding even the name of the other 2 character revealed in the Japanese trailer: Lychee (ライチ) and Burnett (バーネット). Now I'm more and more curious about them.
Ugh, what's with the marketing team for this game. They really do a great job hyping things up!

Reaction score
What do Sonic Boom and Hyper Voice have to do with Rowlet and Meganium?
Rowlet is said to be faster then sound thats why sonic boom.
Maganium learns Echoed Voice , Growl, it would be cool if it would get something better like that or even Boomburst.
Taking its low attack and sp. attack.
The same would go for a Siren pokemon, that should be able to learn many sound based moves including Perish Song.

Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/fL6QuYi3rpo

Heads up, Nintendo's UK youtube channel just uploaded the Japanese trailer we got a while back, revealing new information - a new trial captain + the name of some Z moves I believe (sorry, I'm in class!).
Does anyone else just LOVE listening to that trailer music. It keeps popping into my head all the time, it's so good.

Reaction score
What will oct 14th will show i dont belive it will be the starters final evoutlion since the middle evoultion was just shown

so im guessing we will see pusdeo evolutions

Reaction score
What will oct 14th will show i dont belive it will be the starters final evoutlion since the middle evoultion was just shown

so im guessing we will see pusdeo evolutions
Or maybe it will focus on the stuff that the UK nintendo trailer showed. Like the ghost type and fighting type z-moves. They just showed us the names, we didn't get to see them in action.

Also, they might show us the new trial captain Ilima. It'd be interesting to see what she specializes in, although there's speculation on here that she could be the fairy-type trial captain

Master of Time
Reaction score
Does anyone else just LOVE listening to that trailer music. It keeps popping into my head all the time, it's so good.
I hope this tune is in the games somewhere and not just being trailer music, it's awesome! I'm not sure where it would play though, credits?

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
I hope this tune is in the games somewhere and not just being trailer music, it's awesome! I'm not sure where it would play though, credits?
I mean, it's a great fit, but I'd hate it if they blew the debut of such awesome credits music in a trailer. :p

I think I'd prefer for it to be the music for an opening cinematic.

Last edited: