• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Trailers and News Discussion

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the trailer would be a bit more than what we got last month at this time. I wouldn't be too surprised given how that turned out, but having a little bit more information than that would be nice.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what to expect from Friday's trailer. It could be anything really.

-I'll guess that it'll be some evolutions for Pokemon we already know like Bounsweet, Salandit, or Cutiefly (officially). And maybe one or two new Alolan forms. For some reason I don't see them revealing a completely new Pokemon outside of an evo or Alola form, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind them keeping the rest a secret until release.
-I could also see some new characters, like Trial Captains being revealed.
-Maybe something related to Z-Moves.

But as usual, any news is good news for me:)

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I honestly want to see more Alolan forms. Even if it's just one or two I'd be content. They've been silent on them for over a month now (since Raticate) so I think it's about time we saw another :p

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
I honestly want to see more Alolan forms. Even if it's just one or two I'd be content. They've been silent on them for over a month now (since Raticate) so I think it's about time we saw another :p
Yeah the Alolan forms are some of the most interesting things about Sun and Moon for sure. I'd like them to show off some other type combos for Pokemon too. I'd like to use an Alolan form on my team, but I also need a water type. I'd like to see a water type Alolan form lol

Reaction score
On one hand I'd be a little wary, since middle of the month reveals have tended to be smaller. The trailers for UB-02, Salandit and Turtonator were all revealed around the middle of the month I think.

On the other hand they could decide to ramp things up a bit now that we're almost a month away from release. It could go either way really...

Achilles' Heal
Reaction score
On one hand I'd be a little wary, since middle of the month reveals have tended to be smaller. The trailers for UB-02, Salandit and Turtonator were all revealed around the middle of the month I think.

On the other hand they could decide to ramp things up a bit now that we're almost a month away from release. It could go either way really...
Salandit and Turtonator weren't the regular, scheduled middle of the month reveals, though. They were one Pokémon reveals for specific gaming events.

Reaction score
Pokémon sun and moon

Eclipse Pokémon I wonder if it's a Whale since their Whale native in Hawhi
Water/Dragon

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Gotta wonder what the point of the cafe is.

Seems kind of pointless to me. :|
Maybe you can buy cheap stat-boosting "Hawaiian" drinks from them, like how you can give your boxed Pokemon drinks in Poke Palego. Or maybe it's where you can get "food" things like Lava Cookies and Moomoo Milks. I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

On a similar note, it looks like the PokeMart and Pokemon Center have merged again, as you can see a PokeMart on the right side of the screen. Wonder if that means that there will be a Department Store or not?

Reaction score
Pokémon sun and moon crocro

So far we know of Grimer will be Posion/Dark
Then their will be muk

I have feeling their might be Rapidiash possible as ice with blue collaring that icy like or as fairy with pink flames

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Gotta wonder what the point of the cafe is.

Seems kind of pointless to me. :|
A lot of the early opinions say you head home each night. What if you have to keep drinking coffee so you can stay out longer during the early stage of the game?

Later on it becomes like a food item shop.