• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

"Pokemon Ride is totally awesome and a way to replace HMs with controllable Pokemon, what should we do with it?"
"Definitely make the player fly around the region with a map like the last 20 Years, its not like we created a cool way to fly above the region with a miniture scale map underneath the player."

No soaring is the first blood boiling annoyance so far.

Do we have to pay to use Pokemon Ride? I don't think forcing people to pay in order to break through obstacles is a good idea in my opinion.

"Pokemon Ride is totally awesome and a way to replace HMs with controllable Pokemon, what should we do with it?"
"Definitely make the player fly around the region with a map like the last 20 Years, its not like we created a cool way to fly above the region with a miniture scale map underneath the player."

No soaring is the first blood boiling annoyance so far.

Soaring was a privilege added to remakes and would probably be a pain in the behind to implement with a region with such a detailed region with resources better spent elsewhere

Soaring was cool novel feature that reminded me of old school rpg flying, but now I don't mind it being gone since we have Poke Ride now. Not only I won't need to have a pokemon to know fly, but it'll be faster.

Last edited:
Do we have to pay to use Pokemon Ride? I don't think forcing people to pay in order to break through obstacles is a good idea in my opinion.

My guess is that we will not have to pay in game currency to use the Pokémon ride feature, especially if the Pokémon ride feature completely replaces the HM system.

I can't imagine Gamefreak wanting to replace the HM feature with a new feature that requires us to pay in game money overtime to use it. Plus, in the demo we don't need to pay to use it (although it is just the demo), so I personally doubt we'll have to pay for the ride feature, unless they give us atleast one Pokemon to do each HM, and then offer different ride Pokémon that we can purchase or rent with money, in order to give us more riding options. I don't believe that will be the case though.

I very much doubt it. If we'd have to pay, I think they would've shown us by now. Like how we've seen that you have to pay for clothing dyes with Festival Coins. But so far Poké Ride has been shown off quite a lot and never has it been suggested you have to pay for it. Also, it's a feature appearing in your menu and so far I don't think we've ever had to pay for using a menu-feature.

Aside from being the most precious thing in the world, this video shows off a new location, as well as Mimikyu using a new Z-Move.

I just saw that video on my YouTube feed and omg Mimikyu is adorable! I love it's cry just adds to the cuteness.

OMG just when I thought I couldnt love Mimikyu more

Mimikyu spitting them bars. Lol, but seriously, that was so cute. Why are they making me love Mimikyu so much:3 I just want to catch a box full of them like there were in the trailer.

OMArceus, can't believe they are making Fairy Z going the cute magical girl route.

OMArceus, can't believe they are making Fairy Z going the cute magical girl route.

It is of little surprise to me. Their definition of "Fairy" seems to encompass pixies, sprites, small cutesy things, mystical/angelic beings, Mr. Mime, and anything pink. Which, aside from the obvious one, are commonly the kinds of things that you see associated with cute magical girl stuff.

The people who are hoping for vicious, hobgoblin-like Fairy Types may want to find something to kill some time.

It is of little surprise to me. Their definition of "Fairy" seems to encompass pixies, sprites, small cutesy things, mystical/angelic beings, Mr. Mime, and anything pink. Which, aside from the obvious one, are commonly the kinds of things that you see associated with cute magical girl stuff.

The people who are hoping for vicious, hobgoblin-like Fairy Types may want to find something to kill some time.
I wasn't expecting hobgoblin anyway. I was hoping the animation could be more extended and flashy instead of shooting a magical start at your opponent. I mean, look at the starter type Z-moves, so flashy. Also Never Ending Nightmare.

But the dance pose does bring a new meaning of "love you to death". And when the male character does it, it gonna spawn endless memes.

I wasn't expecting hobgoblin anyway. I was hoping the animation could be more extended and flashy instead of shooting a magical start at your opponent. I mean, look at the starter type Z-moves, so flashy. Also Never Ending Nightmare.

But the dance pose does bring a new meaning of "love you to death".
Wait. They showed the fairy type z-move? Where? When?

Pretty sure that's the ghost type z-move ( Never-ending Nightmare). After all mimikyu is primarily ghost type
The Ghost type one is around 37 seconds into the video, used on Espeon. The Fairy type one is around 50 seconds into the video, used on Umbreon.

Back
Top Bottom