• Magnificent Entertainer barges into the Pastoria Gym, intent on getting his fifth Badge. Watch here as he chases some Team Galactic dingbat and yells at the police again.

Trailers and News Discussion

Ice Type Master
Reaction score
Is nobody interested in the live stream in 5 minutes? Do we expect some infos out of this?

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Is nobody interested in the live stream in 5 minutes? Do we expect some infos out of this?
It seems you missed my post from 20 minutes ago :p

Reminder that there'll be a livestream of Sun&Moon in about 20 minutes! The livesteam can be found here, but sadly I've been informed that you need a Premium account to watch it :(

It could be that someone on youtube will be streaming it, but so far I haven't found any links. So if anyone has a source where we can actually watch it, please share! Or else we'll have to hope that someone uploads the livestream shortly after it.

Please know that it isn't known if there will be new information, it could very well just be a livestream of the demo. We only know gameplay will be shown and a Battle Royal battle.

Reaction score
I'm not really expecting anything from this stream.

It's weird how you have to pay to see it though. So much for promoting the game...

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Just watching a bit of the stream.

We can lie on beds now. Like we've been able to take a rest on certain beds in the game before, but we can actually see the trainer lying in a bed.

Forget sitting, Lying is the way to go XD

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Glad I pushed this to the back of my mind. I'd have been livid if I had gotten excited for it only to find out it was a pay-to-view thing. |: Seriously. Stupiddddddd.

Reaction score
Ah i missed the stream did anyone got a copy?
They just showed the new animation for wild pokemon. You can see their shadows running up to you.

And they showed pokemon refresh, or whatever it's called that you groom your pokemon

Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score
"Only" is a weird word when there are also four Kahunas and, I'm rather sure, a final challenge of some sort.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
"Only" is a weird word when there are also four Kahunas and, I'm rather sure, a final challenge of some sort.
Well if there's 7 trails, 4 Kahuna's and 1 final challenge, that's less than 8 gyms, 4 Elite four members and 1 Champion. That's why it's 'only'. You don't battle Ilima either, so it's just the trial and beating a Totem Pokémon and its ally.

Wait, it just got confirmed that there is just 7 trials?
Yes, Ilima says there's 7 of them.

The gameplay part is over, they're now doing a Battle Royal battle.

An interesting thing is a house they visited, the bedroom has a lot of trophys and there seems to be a golf bag in the corner (the blue thing in the first pic):
Screenshot (7).png Screenshot (9).png

Could be the house of Kahili, the person they're talking about in the demo who's a strong trainer and likes golfing?

Also have some screenshots of the new Beauty and Backpacker:
Screenshot (6).png Screenshot (12).png Screenshot (13).png

EDIT: First part of the gameplay part has been uploaded and can be found here.

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
Well if there's 7 trails, 4 Kahuna's and 1 final challenge, that's less than 8 gyms, 4 Elite four members and 1 Champion. That's why it's 'only'. You don't battle Ilima either, so it's just the trial and beating a Totem Pokémon and its all.
Yeah what merida says...

Also got a feeling Kahili is the champion ever since I read about him/her in the demo i vot this gut feel that s/he is important and might be a champion

Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score
Well if there's 7 trails, 4 Kahuna's and 1 final challenge, that's less than 8 gyms, 4 Elite four members and 1 Champion. That's why it's 'only'.
We don't know that the final challenge is limited to battling a single trainer. Reserve your disappointment for when we know more.

Also, complaining that 7 is less than 8 is just a little silly.

You don't battle Ilima either, so it's just the trial and beating a Totem Pokémon and its ally.
So? The Gumshoo/Raticate battle looks harder than, say, Cheren's gym.

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
We don't know that the final challenge is limited to battling a single trainer. Reserve your disappointment for when we know more.

Well it still is one less challenge than the usual gyms which is kinda sad a little :(

Beep Boop
Reaction score

7 times battling only one Totem Pokémon and ally is a lot less than 8 times beating a team of 2-5 Pokémon though. You're right about us not knowing what the final challenge will be, but still. A lot of people were expecting way more trials than just 7, so it's natural they're disappointed.

Only because the hosts suck :p You get the TM Brick Break during the trial, beating it should be easy as hell. Also, every trial will only have one Totem Pokémon, so will it be harder than a gym leader with 4/5 Pokémon too? Kinda doubt it.