Snowy sets out into the Wild Area and encounters a giant Pokemon lurking in a den. Watch here as Snowy goes head to head with the massive Pokemon.
With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.
Okay, breathe! Trying to calm down and process my thoughts...
-loving the starters. The grass owl is probably my favourite (did NOT expect that!), fire kitty and sea lion need to grow on me
-ermagawd, the region looks beautiful. I wanna crawl in the game and live there
-hawaii confirmed! Alola region. What a beautiful name
-those legendaries. Damn. I love those legendaries
-love that the Japanese and English trailer are different
-character customisation is back! Yay! I just hope boutiques are back too, because the female PC's hat is weird
-november 18th, yeeeesssss
-i screamed so hard I broke my voice. Thug Pokemon life, lol
Pretty sure hair and clothing customization is back too, if we're getting skin- and hair color. And the clothing of the PC's really look too bland to not be customizable.
Those starters are... different haha. Kinda liking the owl and cat now, but that sea lion is really just... *shudder*. Should wait on the final evo's though, never forget Oshawott and how it turned out
Loving the look of the region and the PC's (the girl is so cute!) and just... everything!
EXCEPT that Europe is again getting it a week later *lies down on the floor sobbing*
Ok now that I'm more calm I can post my opinions/observations:
- The starters look ok. Definitely not the best set of starters imo. I'm sure the people that wanted a Grass owl will be very happy though. Personally I prefer Litten since I love cats and I'm biased. The owl is cute and is the fist unevolved starter with a dual typing since Bulbasaur which is interesting. Popplio looks kinda weird and reminds me a bit of Oshawott tbh. I hope its evolutions make up for it.
- As expected the region is based on Hawaii and looks very tropical. I like it! What I don't really like is the name. "Alola" sounds very uninspired.
- The legendaries did not disappoint, they look cool and badass! Not sure which one I like better. As it was predicted Solgaleo is a lion while Lunaala is a flying creature.
- The PCs look bland as hell! At least hair, skin and eye color customization is back to a certain degree. Hopefully we'll be able to customize our clothes and hairstyle as well.
- I like the Professor, if it is who I think it is. Definitely took Sycamore's place as the hottest one yet.
- The graphics look great. The overworld looks much more alive and realistic! Glad they got rid of the chibi models.
- Europe getting the games 5 days later again is disappointing.
OH DEAR GOD ITS EVERYTHING I DREAMED OF! The starters are sooooooo cuute! Also the region is so beautiful, but there HAS to be more. The image shown looked more like a singular large city, blus there is a very large boat house. Those legendaries are really cool also!
Guy in the white baseball cap is called Kukui, which is the Hawaiian name for the Candlenut tree. Professor confirmed? However there's also the fat old dude who actually throws the starter Pokeballs, so maybe he's the professor, and baseball cap dude is his assistant?
Europe is getting it a week later? Oh come on, stop being so ridiculous, Nintendo. I get that you are a backwards company in a lot of ways but please don't literally be backwards about this stuff. You could do this right for X&Y, why not the two games after?
Anyways, about the trailers:
-Starter Pokémon look alright, I'll get used to them but don't really care for them too much.
-Clothing is as bland as possible, hopefully the game will have better customization than X & Y, where there are just a lot of obvious gaps in the lineup
-Gen 6 Engine. Well crud. That's bad. Bland colors, battle performance issues, slow battles, I am not looking forward to this slug again. Let's hope they've at least slightly optimized it or unlocked the New 3DS's CPU clock speed.
-Don't know if it's just me, but the routes and everything look very... Empty? I get that it's an island but it looks quite deserted. Let's hope the whole game is not like that,
-Trainers actually have human proportions. This is the thing I like the most so far, finally they have dumped the annoying sprite-esque look and gone for proper proportions. Pity the 3DS's screen is so low-res, we won't be seeing these models at their full potential. This reawakens my yearning for a Nintendo HDS with an actual proper screen resolution and size.
-Legendaries look alright, same opinion as the starters.
-From Popplio on the starter selection, I can tell that Pokémon now have downscaled models with less polygons in at least some situations, this means the game might lag less, or it might not, we don't know.
-The camera is angled lower so now we have the ultimate of bad rendering obfuscation methods. Fog. Don't do that please.
-Speaking of the camera, it seems a lot more dynamic this time around, making me think that they might give you camera control on the New 3DS with the C-stick. This would get me to buy a New 3DS XL.
-The music for the trailer has confirmed my worst audio engineering nightmare: They are mixing music the same way as in X & Y. Way too wide and way too wet. Blegh. Disgusting. Please just teach whoever mixes that stuff that large amounts of stereo spread and reverb does not make everything sound better, only blander, especially on small speakers like on the 3DS.
I think the only reason why they removed customization in ORAS is because they were remakes. It's 99.9% that it'll be in Sun and Moon, if it isn't I'll eat a shoe. (Can't wait to wear a tacky Hawaiian shirt!)