• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Charjabug potentially evolving at a later level is promising for Vikavolt's stats. On Pinsir's dex entry on the Japanese SM site it does say its rival in Alola is Vikavolt. So I guess these could be clues that it could have around the same BST as Pinsir - 500. Which would be great for it, especially since it looks far more threatening than your average Butterfree, Ledian or Kricketune.

Minior knowing Shell Smash and Acrobatics is cool too. It's definitely going to be an interesting Pokemon to use for sure.

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Maybe this has been addressed, but has there been any mention of PR Videos? Perhaps their return?

#JusticeForRotation
Reaction score
Haven't said this yet but I think this may be my favorite trailer. Only the Tapu Z-move was a dud; otherwise, we got

• the INCREDIBLE starter final evos in gorgeous 3D, and all of them look so much more loveable animated;
  • the Battle Tree which looks DOPE visually (the Battle Maison was so ugly; it looks like they barely tried) and probably will be fun to do mindlessly;
  • Cynthia's BOMB 3D model (it's weird Wally didn't really age much though);
  • Red and Green which I've never even particularly cared about, but they look AWESOME and full of energy with how GF designed them (I'm genuinely excited for them)!
  • a cool theme for Red and Green
  • Cosmog, which I didn't give a shit about when it was leaked but now is really one of the cutest pokemon from this generation, and its cutscenes in the game actually look really cool; I'm impressed GF went to the trouble to give Lillie's Cosmog so much personality
  • the Tapus, which animated look killer. Tapu Fini I think is the mermaid and she SLAYS now that I can actually make out what she really looks like.
  • Psychic Terrain, which I thought sounded weird (in a boring way) when I heard about it, but seeing it in action (especially with the accompanying battle text) is bizarre in the best way. Plus, I'm excited as hell to use Psychic Terrain in competitive; I've got a specific set in mind already, and a general idea for a team
  • (PS I'm glad GF is aware how much Psychic types struggled with Sucker Punch!)
  • Some legitimate curveballs! Decidueye's Ghost typing? The Tapus NOT being Electric/Psychic/Fire/Ghost but Water and Grass instead? They totally faked us out with the colors and Oricorios too, I think.
I'm slayed, and in love

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
Maybe this has been addressed, but has there been any mention of PR Videos? Perhaps their return?
I don't think that PR videos are returning since it's limited and not really useful, most people don't really use it. To me at least, I don't know about other people.

Cosmic NetNavi
Reaction score
The new Train On trailer was epic. I almost wish this was a TV show:p

Anyway, my favorite parts of the trailer were A. seeing even more of the wonderful customization options and B. seeing even more new Z-Move poses and the Rock-type Z-Move. I'm not to fond of the name Breakneck Blitz for the Normal-type Z-Move, though maybe that's because I'm so used to calling it Hyper Sprint Attack:p Getting even more hyped for these games.
What makes you think Breakneck Blitz is the Normal-type Z-move? It may be just me, but I think it's exclusive to Alola Form Exeggutor.
(Breakneck Blitz)

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
What makes you think Breakneck Blitz is the Normal-type Z-move? It may be just me, but I think it's exclusive to Alola Form Exeggutor.
(Breakneck Blitz)
It has the exact same animation as Hyper Sprint Attack from the German footage, and Breakneck Blitz and Hyper Sprint Attack basically mean the same thing (a high speed tackle)

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
I don't think that PR videos are returning since it's limited and not really useful, most people don't really use it. To me at least, I don't know about other people.
To my knowledge, not many people used Super Training. Or at least, not everyone is interested in it or Pokémon-Amie, among other things.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I hated the trainer PR video thing. I tried it out and didn't really get the hang of it. So it wouldn't really bother me if it never comes back.

It's probably because I don't really understand video editing stuff and it felt more like that than anything else. Unlike all the other features I've seen in pokemon games... this just did not feel like it belonged. It felt like something you'd be able to play with on a pokemon website for pointless fun. The only thing I'd want to keep from it was the makeup effects and stuff. I was kinda miffed that I couldn't keep my charater's makeup once I finished.

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
So hyped to see Red back again. I'm hoping for some theme remix goodness. Blue's remixed theme sounded pretty snazzy.

Reaction score
I keep seeing these posts " look who finally came off the mountain" "its been so long since we saw red"

If by long you mean 4 years maybe but we came off the mountain to participate in the pwt

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
I keep seeing these posts " look who finally came off the mountain" "its been so long since we saw red"

If by long you mean 4 years maybe but we came off the mountain to participate in the pwt
I like how you say we.

Also we came off the mountain to explore the other regions according to generations too! But it's debatable how canon that is (though either way I like it as headcanon).

Pokemon Collector
Reaction score
I like how you say we.

Also we came off the mountain to explore the other regions according to generations too! But it's debatable how canon that is (though either way I like it as headcanon)
I've always seen it as, i play me. The sprite may go though a Red phase, or a Lucas phase (Like how i went through a Goth phase in school XD), but its still the same person. Generations just confirmed it for me XD
(Helps explain why some guy keeps transferring all his Pokemon into my collection every time i move to a new region XD)

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
I've always seen it as, i play me. The sprite may go though a Red phase, or a Lucas phase (Like how i went through a Goth phase in school XD), but its still the same person. Generations just confirmed it for me XD
(Helps explain why some guy keeps transferring all his Pokemon into my collection every time i move to a new region XD)
Oh I meant when Red goes around the other regions with his Pikachu.

Reaction score
So did the Train On trailer just confirm that Exeggcute evolves into Alolan Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, just like normal? I find that a little weird. If it's not a different evolution method, how will we make it happen in future games that aren't in Alola? I wonder if it's the same story for Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak?

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
So did the Train On trailer just confirm that Exeggcute evolves into Alolan Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone, just like normal? I find that a little weird. If it's not a different evolution method, how will we make it happen in future games that aren't in Alola? I wonder if it's the same story for Alolan Raichu & Alolan Marowak?
I imagine we won't. We'll just have to transfer them like people figure we will have to transfer the old ones for Sun & Moon.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Cool! Can't wait to battle against and with Silver! That's going to be intense! :)

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
Cool! Can't wait to battle against and with Silver! That's going to be intense! :)
I mean, there's hope for that, sure, but I'm not sure if Game Freak are going to go all-out with these trainer battles and recruits if you want me to be honest.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I mean, there's hope for that, sure, but I'm not sure if Game Freak are going to go all-out with these trainer battles and recruits if you want me to be honest.
I am thinking the opposite actually. So many people have all their different favorite trainers like Leaf. So why not include most of them or even all for the 20th anniversary? This could be PWT 2.0.

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
I am thinking the opposite actually. So many people have all their different favorite trainers like Leaf. So why not include most of them or even all for the 20th anniversary? This could be PWT 2.0.
Well, Leaf at least almost certainly won't get in, seeing as Red is around.