• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

Alola

✧ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢʰⁱᵖ ⁱˢ ᵐᵃᵍⁱᶜ ✧
Reaction score
If they add a female protagonist(s) to the Battle Tree, I hope it's at least May. I feel like she was the better rival/npc in ORAS, with better lines, animation and overall dynamic in regards to the story. I would love to see her visit Alola; she could be here on the premise of helping her dad research Pokemon in similar island habitats.

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
Generations has pretty much confirmed that Brendan is the canon protag of RSE/ORAS. Unless of course they're both canon and the one in the spacesuit was May.

That's why I'm kind of hoping for Dawn or Hilda at this point. Because May has less of a chance unless she shows up as an ex-rival along with Wally.

Eggseggseggseggs

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
If they add a female protagonist(s) to the Battle Tree, I hope it's at least May. I feel like she was the better rival/npc in ORAS, with better lines, animation and overall dynamic in regards to the story. I would love to see her visit Alola; she could be here on the premise of helping her dad research Pokemon in similar island habitats.
Well that's not really her showing up as the protagonists though...

Alola

✧ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢʰⁱᵖ ⁱˢ ᵐᵃᵍⁱᶜ ✧
Reaction score
Well that's not really her showing up as the protagonists though...
If you choose to play as her in R/S/E/ORAS, then yes-she is the protagonist. But if you want to me to be politically correct, then *female player character. :p

Esserise

Two legs ain't my walk
Reaction score
Generations has pretty much confirmed that Brendan is the canon protag of RSE/ORAS.
I don't think Generations's goal is to establish any particular canonical protagonist. That's just people reading into it. I mean, in the alternative universe where they showed May in The Vision, do you think the alternative Cute Charm is saying that Generations has "pretty much confirmed that May is the canon protag," despite the presentation being exactly the same?

I don't think that Game Freak want to establish any protagonist as canonical. I think they want us, the actual players, to be the canonical protagonists, and to not overwrite our personalized adventures. Red is an exception because it was a long time ago with limited hardware, and they wanted a symbolic final battle for Gold & Silver. And now he is, to some degree, The Artifact. When B2W2 came around, they actually had the technology to let your B2W2 cartridge absorb the information from your BW game, but they still kept the original games' protagonists off-screen and at a distance (even to the point of scrapping their plans to include them in the PWT).

StephenNParker

Shadow Monarch
Reaction score
Ok, this catch my eye, can anyone translated it?? Is that some kind of trial complete???

Eggseggseggseggs

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
If you choose to play as her in R/S/E/ORAS, then yes-she is the protagonist. But if you want to me to be politically correct, then *female player character. :p
Oh I thought you were saying that she would show up as the rival version from the game.,

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The Z move's name translates to "Maximum Psy Breaker", so that Z move was definitely the Psychic one. It looks really cool!
That name makes a whole lot of sense when you see the whole screen break, and that WAS Oricorio Pa'U style. So we got the Psychic Z-Move now! I believe we've seen 9/18 types for the Z-Moves now? Water, Grass, Fire, Electric, Normal, Fighting, Rock, Ghost, and now Psyhic.

Tensho

Reaction score
That name makes a whole lot of sense when you see the whole screen break, and that WAS Oricorio Pa'U style. So we got the Psychic Z-Move now! I believe we've seen 9/18 types for the Z-Moves now? Water, Grass, Fire, Electric, Normal, Fighting, Rock, Ghost, and now Psyhic.
10. The Fairy Z-move was partially shown in the Mimikyu song.
Edit, 11, the move that Vikavolt used at the beginning of the commercial could be the Bug Z-move.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Just saw the new trailers. Love the new Z-Moves. The psychic one looks so awesome. And I'm still loving all of the customization options:D

Tensho

Reaction score
Ok, 12 Z-moves shown now. The Japanese TV CM number 2 had just revealed Dragon Z-move. Known as Ultimate Dragon Burn in Japanese. So I guess most of the Japanese names for Z-moves would have super, ultimate, hyper, infinite, etc. adjectives in them.

Reaction score
Ok, this catch my eye, can anyone translated it?? Is that some kind of trial complete???
well i don't know if that's what the text translates to, but that's the screen that appeared after the clearing Totem Gumshoos and getting Normalium Z in the NicoNico stream.

Tensho

Reaction score
If you could understand Chinese. Then shouldn't you understand what these kanji mean. They have the same meaning in Chinese anyway!!!

LadySasaki

like pepsi cola
Reaction score
^ So previously you could only pet your Pokemon, but now using Pokemon Refresh you can actually brush and clean them if they get dirty during a battle! That's really awesome, and adds another level of verisimilitude to the games.

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Okay, so completing the trials is tied to the z-ring and the z-crystals, nice to see that confirmed.
Makes me wonder about the other 10 type crystals, considering only 7 trials are in-game. Maybe there are 10 Totem Pokemon not tied to trials? That would be a fun diversion compared to the mega stones found in the overworld.

Last edited by a moderator: