• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Trailers and News Discussion

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
No. Alola Diglett and Alola Dugtrio are awesome. I prefer it over Butterfree, Nidos, Parasect, Vileplume and Arcanine.

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one here that actually likes the alola digglet and dugtrio. I mean the whole Pele's Hair becoming its actual hair concept is cute and also refrences a little referenced natual phenomenon.

Also who doesn't want to name A. Dugtrio Hanson or theBeachBoys? The worst nicknames are there for the taking.

Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one here that actually likes the alola digglet and dugtrio. I mean the whole Pele's Hair becoming its actual hair concept is cute and also refrences a little referenced natual phenomenon.
oh no, i adore A-Diglett/Dugtrio. i fully intend on using one in my first run.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
I remember quite a few people (including myself) coming around to it once we figured out what the hell the deal with the hair was.

ToddMann10000

Pokemon Collector
Reaction score
I remember quite a few people (including myself) coming around to it once we figured out what the hell the deal with the hair was.
Alolan Diglett is my favorite alolan form because its so similar to the original (not a fan of Any alternate formes on Pokes).
I will admit that, once I'd googled Peles hair, dugtrio did grow on me.

ange

Master of Time
Reaction score
Even after finding out the inspiration for the hair I'm still not sold on Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio, imo so many other Pokemon should've gotten Alolan forms over them. The whole Alolan deal is still quite a big disappointment for me, only because it seems like it was cut short.. it had such potential.

Nothing you can do, but yeah.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the creative explanation for the hair, but Alolan Dugtrio still doesn't appeal that much to me.

Simpsons138

Reaction score
Now here's the question: How does long and fabulous hair give it the Steel type? It's like Ampharos' long and fabulous hair giving it a Dragon type in its Mega Evolution

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
Now here's the question: How does long and fabulous hair give it the Steel type? It's like Ampharos' long and fabulous hair giving it a Dragon type in its Mega Evolution
It's assimilated itself with naturally occurring fiberglass?

It has to be tough to dig through volcanic rock?

All moles are secretly steel types...Digglet just lost the typing over billions of years?

Akira Bond

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
No. Alola Diglett and Alola Dugtrio are awesome. I prefer it over Butterfree, Nidos, Parasect, Vileplume and Arcanine.
They look silly, design wise. My least favourite Alolan form design. They grew hair, and that's it. Any of those other Pokémon you listed would have been better if they gave them better designs.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Well, meta-wise, the hair is a reference to Pele's hair, a type of fiberglass that resembles hair and is formed by volcanoes. It's named after a Hawaiian deity.

In-universe, as the official site describes, they are actually metallic whiskers that Diglett in Alola developed in order to adapt to volcanic environments - the whiskers are durable, but highly sensitive and allow Diglett to detect surface conditions without coming up from the ground as often.

Simpsons138

Reaction score
Well, meta-wise, the hair is a reference to Pele's hair, a type of fiberglass that resembles hair and is formed by volcanoes. It's named after a Hawaiian deity.

In-universe, as the official site describes, they are actually metallic whiskers that Diglett in Alola developed in order to adapt to volcanic environments - the whiskers are durable, but highly sensitive and allow Diglett to detect surface conditions without coming up from the ground as often.
Huh, makes sense, that and also the power of long and fabulous hair compels them

Arceus the Dragon

Reaction score
They look silly, design wise. My least favourite Alolan form design. They grew hair, and that's it. Any of those other Pokémon you listed would have been better if they gave them better designs.
I thought it look alright. Meowth and Persian barely had much change except for color, type change and a few minor things yet no one complains about them.

Akira Bond

Reaction score
I thought it look alright. Meowth and Persian barely had much change except for color, type change and a few minor things yet no one complains about them.
plenty of people had issues with Alolan Persian. I dislike Alolan Persian as well, as I'm not a fan of it's design.

Arceus the Dragon

Reaction score
plenty of people had issues with Alolan Persian. I dislike Alolan Persian as well, as I'm not a fan of it's design.
Yeah well I am allowed to like what form of pokemon I want and the same goes to others. If I like Alolan Diglett and Alolan Dugtrio then that is my call.

Akira Bond

Reaction score
Yeah well I am allowed to like what form of pokemon I want and the same goes to others. If I like Alolan Diglett and Alolan Dugtrio then that is my call.
When did I state otherwise? You're getting defensive for no reason.

Actually, technically, YOU were the one to state otherwise. When a poster above listed the Pokémon they preferred to see instead of Diglett and Dugtrio, you literally said 'no.'

So, instead of getting defensive at me despite the fact i never said you, or anyone else, cannot like whichever Pokémon they want, you should revise your own comments first.