• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

istore

Event Seeker
Reaction score
If it's already been said I apologize.. but the legendary on the cover of Sun looks like it could be a Mega Pyroar. And the gameplay looked awesome! I'm torn on which version to pre-order.

The Outrage

Reaction score
In the NA trailer the professor refers to you as cousin
I thought that guy was the Professor's aid:

We can see in another screen capture that he's standing beside a much older man who actually gives you the starters. I get that Bianca gave you the starters in B2W2, but if the professor is there, why would his assistant do it?

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
People have pointed out in one scene you can see tikis with faces, I know they're probably generic tiki designs but I do wonder if we'll have a Tiki Mimic Pokemon that looks identical to those.

In the NA trailer the professor refers to you as cousin
Not literally, that's a thing they do in Hawaii---or at least Tito in Rocket Power always did.

Blockhead Pippi

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
I think I'm more inclined to think Kukui is the professor because he's the one actually wearing the lab coat. Hala could have been the one who raised/bred or caught the starters to give to rookie trainers at the professor's discretion. I mean, you don't seriously think the professor is the only one who supplies the starter Pokemon?

The Outrage

Reaction score
I think I'm more inclined to think Kukui is the professor because he's the one actually wearing the lab coat. Hala could have been the one who raised/bred or caught the starters to give to rookie trainers at the professor's discretion. I mean, you don't seriously think the professor is the only one who supplies the starter Pokemon?
I could also say "you don't seriously think starter-giving professors are the only one who wears lab coats" or "you don't seriously think all professors wear lab coats do you?" as an argument if you're planning to use that type of rhetoric.

Obviously they aren't the only ones to give Pokemon to other trainers, but that role in the games has always been the professor with the exception of Bianca...who was training to be a professor like Juniper. And we have way more situations of non-professors who don't give you starters wearing lab coats (e.g., entire trainer classes, Fennel, assorted NPC's, professor's assistants) so I'm not seeing how a lab coat automatically means regional professor more than scientist.

Why they even wear lab coats other than to fit a trope is another question.

ange

Master of Time
Reaction score
One thing I want to know more about is if Sun and Moon also uses a grid/tile system for movement or if we can move around freely everywhere. It did kind of seem like the characters ran through those curved paths on a pre-determined rail and had pretty straight movements, but still. I wants more info.

Esserise

Two legs ain't my walk
Reaction score
Obviously they aren't the only ones to give Pokemon to other trainers, but that role in the games has always been the professor with the exception of Bianca...who was training to be a professor like Juniper.
Well, her and Tierno.

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
One thing I want to know more about is if Sun and Moon also uses a grid/tile system for movement or if we can move around freely everywhere. It kind of seemed like the characters ran through those curved paths on a pre-determined rail and had pretty straight movements, but still.
I'm sure it'll be just like ORAS and XY, where you can use the directional pad to walk on an 8-way grid or use the circle pad to free walk off the grid.

Tensho

Reaction score
So it's based on Hawaii after all, Alola (lol). And the trademarks are all true. Hopefully Marshadow will be a cool one. We practically know that the box covered are Solgaleo and Lunaala.

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm so glad that they weren't just hyping this reveal for nothing. I didn't think that was too likely, but the thought came to mind and I would have been so mad if that happened. I love both trailers, but the Japanese one does have an edge for me. Friendship through Pokemon is so adorable and heartwarming.

I really like the new starters. As a set, I'm not sure if they beat out the Kalos starters in terms of overall cuteness, but they're all still good. Popplio is still my favorite, but I like Litten and Rowlet as well. I'm so looking forward to all of the fanart of them with the other starters too.

It's definitely likely, if not confirmed, that we have trainer customization again based on the different skin tone and hair color we can choose right off the bat. That's good since I liked that feature from X/Y and not being able to do more with it would be such a disappointment. Plus, the outfits look too plain to be stuck with them for the whole game. More clothing and hair color options would be nice. The region itself looks quite nice. I'm sure that it will be fun to explore.

The new Legendary Pokemon are quite good. Solgaleo looks like a huge intense lion, while Lunnala seems like a bat or some kind of winged creature, which I wasn't expecting. Still, they both look great and I'm glad that the box art is revealed too. A release date is also great. I figured that it would come out sometime in November. They'd want to get it out before December for the Christmas sales. These were such good trailers and I'm so glad that we have more to talk about now.

ange

Master of Time
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be just like ORAS and XY, where you can use the directional pad to walk on an 8-way grid or use the circle pad to free walk off the grid.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. Didn't know you could freely walk and run in ORAS though, as I never played them.

Lord-Arceus

YOU WILL BOW BEFORE ME.
Reaction score
November 18? Aw, that's a week after my birthday. T~T

Muur

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I don't really like much that I've seen in the trailer, ugly Pokemon etc but I'll buy it and love it.

conqueror

Reaction score
Woooaaaa!!!

Is that Moon legendary is BAT !!!!!???

And an OWL starter!!!! WOOOOAAA!!! I think I will get that one XD.
It is definately a bat! We had many bats in the game, but never a legendary and never so kick-ass. And of course the most beautiful of all! Very nice concept.

Regarding the starters I think I was too harsh with the grass owl. When I saw the other angles, I think it is quite promising.

The only starter I don't like is the water one, because its design is too common.

Last edited:

Muur

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Ooh so the Japanese one has different stuff. That one gets me more hyped.

KrisiChiki

Fluffy!
Reaction score
That's because it's only a part of the region!
I actually like that we only get to see one of the islands. I didn't need an entire region map, just a small part of it so I know the general atmosphere and feel of the region. I want everything else to be a surprise.