• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I don't hate alolan dugtrio... I just wish the nidos got the love instead. The reference behind their hair is fascinating though, I'd never heard of it before!

I'm going to be naming my diglet/dugtrio Mmmbop.

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
After googling Pele's hair and seeing it, Alolan Dugtrio makes total sense. I really like how they include natural happenings into Pokemon like that.

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Just two more days until my copies of SM arrive. December should have movie news although corocoro could pull a fast one and not have movie news.

PurplePegasus

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
After googling Pele's hair and seeing it, Alolan Dugtrio makes total sense. I really like how they include natural happenings into Pokemon like that.
Pele's hair is also named after the Hawaiian goddess Pele. So that fits beautifully as well. :)

Syrinaris

Oh look, a Shiny!
Reaction score
That Oceanic Operetta is pretty much the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
Can't wait to have my darling Primarina summon Giant-Water-Globe-Of-Death.
Sing, my darling! Sing and destroy!

I'm actually entertaining the idea of capturing a whole bunch of those Alolan Dugtrios, naming them all The Beach Boys and California Girls and Wondertrading them out. :p

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
I'm still skeptical about Z-Moves, not quite sure how I feel about them, but I really like Decidueye's. It looks so cool, actually they all do, and after seeing the in-game models I actually really like all the final forms! (I know that was a while ago, but hey)
Although I sort of feel like my Owl is getting the short straw, typing-wise. That's upsetting.
Who else sort of gets the sense that GF is continuing the theme of RPG Class Archetypes with these starters? We have a Ranger/Hunter, a Fighter/Berserker, and a Healer or something.

HumanDawn

Ultimate Digimon
Reaction score
Who else sort of gets the sense that GF is continuing the theme of RPG Class Archetypes with these starters? We have a Ranger/Hunter, a Fighter/Berserker, and a Healer or something.
Might you mean Bard? I agree, the archetypes are cool.

Reaction score
I can accept Z-moves as the way they are. But why does the PC make it sooooo awkward with that weird 'dance(?)' ? Decidueye's face right after it nails it perfectly. "K, whatever you say moron." This actually proves that characters in SM are much more vivid and can have truthful personalities.

Pilup99

Splashing the Seven Seas
Reaction score
Might you mean Bard? I agree, the archetypes are cool.
Aye, Bard sounds like a good fit.
I really like this theme, and I'm curious to see if it will continue with Gen 8 (yes, I know that 7 isn't even out yet so I'm kind of jumping the gun, but this gets me excited :D)

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
The summoning dances are so cheesy they cross the line to hilarious. It's like it's a horrible Jojo's Bizarre Adventure pose off that the player can never win because they just try too hard and Gladion took home all the prizes already.

Now the lack of emotions on the other hand...I really do hope they completely overhaul the constant smiley face. Maybe have a system like animal crossing instead of:

"Oh no. The apparent boss of Team Skull called me out. I don't know her." :)

"A giant battle lizard is attacking me." :)

"How do I expression?" :)

Kharixi

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Now the lack of emotions on the other hand...I really do hope they completely overhaul the constant smiley face. Maybe have a system like animal crossing instead of:

"Oh no. The apparent boss of Team Skull called me out. I don't know her." :)

"A giant battle lizard is attacking me." :)

"How do I expression?" :)
I literally lol'd when the Totem Pokémon in the demo charged at me and I was like :).