• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Trailers and News Discussion

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I don't know, the way that those "ears" curve kind of makes me think they're horns.
I thought that at first, but I think they are just ears now. And a dog with horns seems an odd and random choice, imo. But they do look unnatural for "ears". xD

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
The clearer image makes it look like it has hooves.

This reminds me of when Furfrou was spotted quickly in that XY trailer and a lot of people (me included) thought it was a llama. We still need a llama, Game Freak...

Reaction score
The clearer image makes it look like it has hooves.

This reminds me of when Furfrou was spotted quickly in that XY trailer and a lot of people (me included) thought it was a llama. We still need a llama, Game Freak...
We have already god a llama, lol:D

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
They're not actually horns. They only look like them because the person's shoes are blending right in. If this is a new Pokemon then it looks awfully bland.

Reaction score
Someone did a zoomed in shot of the Pokémon.

It looks like we were mixing up the shadow with the legs as it's not on the back ones. It could still be a deer, but it seems more like a dog with the ears.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Ooh it looks like it could be really cute! I can't tell if it's got a curled dog tail or a puffball tail though.

#TeamSword
Reaction score
That's interesting, I wonder if it was included in the trailer intentionally or it was a slip. Probably the former. It looks like a dog to me which wouldn't be surprising considering we've had at least one dog Pokemon in almost every generation. I hope it's not Normal type again though, we already have the Stoutland line, Smeargle and Furfrou.

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that there was a CoroCoro trailer. I didn't even notice the new Pokemon at first. It looks more like a dog to me, but the ears are so pointy that they could be horns. The color scheme makes me think it could be either a Normal or Ground type Pokemon.

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that there was a CoroCoro trailer. I didn't even notice the new Pokemon at first. It looks more like a dog to me, but the ears are so pointy that they could be horns. The color scheme makes me think it could be either a Normal or Ground type Pokemon.
The ears aren't really pointy if you're thinking the red is a part of it. That's the kid's shoes.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
This Pokemon does look really cute! Cute Pokemon and a region based off of Hawaii! This generation will be great!

like pepsi cola
Reaction score
THAT DOG HAS A PUFFY TAIL! HERE PUFF! HERE PUFF!

It's cute, I like it. I'll be surprised if it's anything other than the Furfrou of this gen, though.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Next news batch confirmed for 2nd June. Quite a lot earlier than Corocoro this time, not just a day or two.
I'm liking how we're getting news more than once a month now, should make things very interesting this time.

Anyway, I think the names of the mascots is the most likely piece of news we'll be getting this time. They're on the cover of the freaking game and we don't even know their names (well, we at least don't have confirmation on their names). Although I doubt that'll be the only news we get. Maybe some information on some of the characters like Kukui, Hala, and the rivals, or a new Pokemon or Mega Evolution.

Reaction score
I personally hope the new info would flood in like the ORAS pre-release period, then we would get new info every 2 weeks (from official site reveals and CoroCoro) instead of once per month.