• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Trailers and News Discussion

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Yeah, November 18th is definitely the best, Nintendo Friday's has been a thing for 3 years, with a Major Wii U and 3DS game being released simultaneously.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
For some reason, I have seen Sun and Moon with an estimated release date in October but that can chance. Anyway, E3 seems like a good place for a trailer.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
For some reason, I have seen Sun and Moon with an estimated release date in October but that can chance. Anyway, E3 seems like a good place for a trailer.
They've done October before, but Holiday leads me to believe it's more of a November release. I don't think October is really considered Holiday season anymore in the sales world

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
For some reason, I have seen Sun and Moon with an estimated release date in October but that can chance.
You're referring to this thread, which began with a retailer's solicit featuring a release date in October which is almost definitely a placeholder/not final.

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
Didn't X and Y come out in October? It's not impossible. Honestly the sooner they release it the fewer leaks are likely to happen, I feel, so it might behoove them to get it out there quickly, if at all possible.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Didn't X and Y come out in October? It's not impossible. Honestly the sooner they release it the fewer leaks are likely to happen, I feel, so it might behoove them to get it out there quickly, if at all possible.
That's not how distributions work. They select a date based on projected sales. If anything, putting a game out early to avoid leaks would be pointless as the release date is completely independant of how likely something is to get leaked.

Reaction score
If it does manage to come out sometime in November, it might be my birthday present. My birthday is November 26, which is a Saturday this year, so I can wait for the games at the same time as waiting for my birthday.

Reaction score
To add to what's already been said, leaks happen because games start circulating. If the games were to be released in April, then they'd be at as much risk of leaking two or three weeks before the actual sell date if the games were released in November.

The reasons the leaks happened in XY was because some stores decided to sell the games early. They'd obviously have them in stock much earlier than the actual release date. If XY were set to release earlier, then those same stores would have leaked in advanced of the actual release as well.

The Fluffy
Reaction score
You calculate the release date first to maximise sales. Then the marketing cycle is worked out. Leaks suck, since they really hurt marketing, but they don't impact sales enough to alter release dates over.

Reaction score
Guys, just saw Serebii, CoroCoro will certainly have Sun/Moon news next month, possibly the box legends.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Hopefully more to make up for the disappointment that was this month's corocoro. Starters and box legendaries are all I wanna see right now.

Reaction score
I don't know about starter, but the preview said, "the legend, begins".

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Yeah, info next month was a given. I've been harping on that CoroCoro won't feature the games unless solid info is also present. The end of February reveal is much better then the beginning of January, the turn around from reveal to prerelease season was always going to be small, and I think the circumstances of the game will require it.

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
I have to wonder if our first gameplay footage will be featured next month as a result of that... Between it and Pokenchi, I see it happening for sure. I think I'll keep an eye out on the site and on the official YouTube for English language videos...

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think to actually look at the official english site, I'm surprised they don't have anything about pokemon Sun and Moon at all that I can see. I would think they'd at least have the logos up and something lame like "Check back for more exciting news!"

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
I would think they'd at least have the logos up and something lame like "Check back for more exciting news!"
Er... Here you go? I think certain URLs related to Sun & Moon currently redirect to this page. More than likely, the proper site will reveal itself once information and screenshots start rolling in.

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think to actually look at the official english site, I'm surprised they don't have anything about pokemon Sun and Moon at all that I can see. I would think they'd at least have the logos up and something lame like "Check back for more exciting news!"
When I go to the official site I see an announcement for Sun and Moon on the front page that links to the page that TouyaShiro gave.

Using Japanese names doesn't make you cool
Reaction score
Funny we have very few amount of informations but people can find pages over pages of stuffs to discuss about.

Explore.
Reaction score
I don't know about starter, but the preview said, "the legend, begins".
I don't understand why they didn't mention this on Serebii's front page... that could be a hint towards revelation of the Legendary mascots, but who knows.

I'm hoping we get a region name and map, the exploration is easily my favorite part of the game. I think anything we get though, I'll be pleased either way.

I'm so hyped that I can't even, is it April yet?!

Ya boi Guzma
Reaction score
It certainly is exciting to know we're finally getting some real info. There wasn't much else that we could speculate on at this point so now we we'll have some fresh stuff to analyze.