• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Trailers and News Discussion

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Oh! So its for Go mostly. Still a win! We get Sun and Moon tomorrow and Go info on the 15th! I hope we finally get a release date for the app.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I don't recall hearing about anything on the 16th. Where/when was it announced?

Zeb

Reaction score
Oh I've just found it. Seems no specifics were given but it's at E3 too and is a special event for Pokemon. Two hours earlier than tomorrow's stream, which makes it pretty early for E3 (7am) I wonder why. I'll add the details into the E3 thread since it seems to be still at E3 and it might include SM. Thanks for pointing it out! :D

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I notice we got no hint for more Sun and Moon info for next month. Maybe they are focusing on the movie for the next month? I would like a little bit of info though. Anyway, E3 could have old or new news but I like some new info even if it is small.

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll hopefully be able to get some more footage of the games and probably the English names for the new Pokemon from CoroCoro. Maybe if we're lucky, they could show another new Pokemon within the footage. I could see them revealing the early route bird Pokemon from the announcement trailer that way, but that's probably the most I could see from that potential route. Either way, we should have some more bits of information and footage tomorrow, so that's neat.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Next Sun and Moon news is confirmed for the 25th or 26th. Junichi Masuda will show gameplay of one section at that one festival in Japan, so I'm sure we'll see new stuff. Also, we still have the chance tomorrow during the Q&A and the 16th.

Reaction score
Does anyone find it odd that Nekkoala and Iwanko haven't been updated to the official site yet since CoroCoro has been out for a few hours?

THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
From what I've seen whatever this special presentation is will likely just a be a recap of what we already have. Japan still needs a formal introduction to all the info so it makes sense. With that said I could still see us getting a little something extra like maybe a formal showing of Nekkoala and Iwanko, but without an announcement for the rest of the world it doesn't make much sense to have anything brand new talked about.

Reaction score
From what I've seen whatever this special presentation is will likely just a be a recap of what we already have. Japan still needs a formal introduction to all the info so it makes sense. With that said I could still see us getting a little something extra like maybe a formal showing of Nekkoala and Iwanko, but without an announcement for the rest of the world it doesn't make much sense to have anything brand new talked about.
I think it might be something different IMO. TPC streamed E3 on NicoNico for their JP audience and even released the new Pokémon on Twitter when they were first seen.

Zeb

Reaction score
According to Serebii Joe the event is listed as a recap and seems to only be available to Japanese fans, so best not to expect much. It does beg the question of when we're getting Nekkoala and Iwanko officially revealed.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I was hoping to wake up to seeing the reveal of a new Pokemon at this. At least we still know Junichi Masuda will be showing more game footage in 10-11 days.

Bite Pokémon
Reaction score
I was hoping to wake up to seeing the reveal of a new Pokemon at this. At least we still know Junichi Masuda will be showing more game footage in 10-11 days.
What's the source for that?

The onset of sleep
Reaction score
What's the source for that?
Serebii

"It has been confirmed that Pokémon will have a booth at the World Hobby Fair '16 Summer on June 25th & June 26th. At this event, there will be five things. First, Abarerukun and Rinka from Pokénchi will be there and take the main stage. There will be a quiz rally and an exclusive sneak-peak at the movie, Volcanion & The Ingenious Magearna. Finally, Pokémon Sun & Moon will be there and game producer & series director, Junichi Masuda will be on stage with a playthrough of part of the game."

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Why do we have a friend rival? Remember Blue, Silver from first two generations... Pff.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Why do we have a friend rival? Remember Blue, Silver from first two generations... Pff.
Calm down. Don't forget that the starter that is stronger than the PC is still out there. We don't know if Hau is the only rival. He may play a role more like the role of Bianca or Shauna, the friendly side of the rivalry, especially since he picks the Mon that the PC is strong agains. But we don't know what happens to the third starter. We haven't got any info on that subject just yet, so it's possible that we may get yet another player in the mix. That Trainer could be a la Silver, where the last Starter is stolen from the Professor, or it could be a Trainer who already got his/her Starter and battles you shortly after your friendly match with Hau, seeing you with potential (and maybe some jealousy that the PC has seen one of the guardians of the island). We don't know enough yet to confirm if Hau is our only rival. There could very well be another player in the mix. So don't get so worked up just yet, as we don't have a ton of info to confirm or deny that Hau is the only rival. After all, they wouldn't abandon having a rival with the Mon that is Super Effective against yours, now would they? So simmer down and we'll see what happens next.