• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Trailers and News Discussion

JohnnyCool708

Observer
Reaction score
The animal Yungoos is based on originated in Indonesia in real-life and was imported to Hawaii (Alola)

Corphish is based on the Signal and Louisiana crayfishes which originated in America (Oregon and Louisiana) but are now invasive to Japan.
The conversation regarding Yungoos being a "Gen 8 Pokemon" is definitely reading into the Pokedex entry way too much. Zeta is basically right--the animal Yungoos is based on, the small Asian mongoose, indeed is extremely invasive to Hawaii; if you don't believe me, just follow that link. Or you could just think about it: what land mammal could possibly reach the extremely remote Hawaiian islands without the help of humans? The answer is actually none: there are no land mammals actually native to Hawaii, so Game Freak is going to have to take some creative license and go beyond the specific ecosystems that areas represent, which they have done many times before.

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Considering we're two regions into America (even if we did take a break to go to France), I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we reached some kind of Northwestern or deep south region that they'd make mention of how corphish is invasive and are native to those two regions. Same thing with a hypothetical Indonesian region and Yungoose.

They usually don't care if there's like Rafflesia arnoldii that are native to Japan, or if daruma mimicking orangutans are from New York, or if pandas are native in France. The ecosystem is kind of messed up everywhere and usually based off what's in zoos or museums in the area that the regions are based on. But considering that they made specific mention that, like their real world counterparts, the crayfish and the realistic looking mongoose are not native to their respective regions kind of makes you wonder.
Conservation in the Pokemon world must be really weird because you could rebuild an entire species from one single member capable of reproduction and a Ditto.

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
@Zeta, I actually have a theory that legendaries are the pokemon world equivalent of critically endangered species. The reason why you can't breed them yourself is that there's strict rules in place about how professional breeders can touch them because they need to be tagged and monitored very closely. That and trying to find a Ditto that they're compatible with is near impossible so they just don't let a bunch of 10-16 year olds bother with it.

Which brings us back to the kind of topic here...I wonder if, considering the real life implications, if we're getting a legendary rat this time around.

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Apart from 25th and 26th of June, when can we expect another trailor and will we get news before corocoro?

The Outrage

Reaction score
@Zeta, I actually have a theory that legendaries are the pokemon world equivalent of critically endangered species. The reason why you can't breed them yourself is that there's strict rules in place about how professional breeders can touch them because they need to be tagged and monitored very closely. That and trying to find a Ditto that they're compatible with is near impossible so they just don't let a bunch of 10-16 year olds bother with it.

Which brings us back to the kind of topic here...I wonder if, considering the real life implications, if we're getting a legendary rat this time around.
I could believe that from some species like Heatran or Shaymin, but its a bit less believable for Pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon.

Silverio

Reaction score
Considering we're two regions into America (even if we did take a break to go to France), I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we reached some kind of Northwestern or deep south region that they'd make mention of how corphish is invasive and are native to those two regions. Same thing with a hypothetical Indonesian region and Yungoose.

They usually don't care if there's like Rafflesia arnoldii that are native to Japan, or if daruma mimicking orangutans are from New York, or if pandas are native in France. The ecosystem is kind of messed up everywhere and usually based off what's in zoos or museums in the area that the regions are based on. But considering that they made specific mention that, like their real world counterparts, the crayfish and the realistic looking mongoose are not native to their respective regions kind of makes you wonder.
so gen 8 is possible then

Cute Charm

GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL
Reaction score
I could believe that from some species like Heatran or Shaymin, but its a bit less believable for Pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon.
There's two classes of legendary pokemon, "You've found the very last Tasmanian tiger. Congratulations!" and "Is that a billions of years old orca rain god? No It's good it's survived that long. We'll just leave it there in it's cave. Probably has some supernatural breeding process we don't understand yep. Would suck though if some extremists or a child would find this magnificent creature. Oh well, it's not like that would ever happen, right?"

Especially when you go by the NPCs that like gain legendaries under special circumstances. They're usually like the birds, beasts, golems, maybe a Cresselia but rarely the main story legendaries. Like maybe the people who managed to get them (Winona's Rayquaza and Fantinia's Giratina) either found eggs somewhere or bought them illegally from poachers. Maybe the league goes on egg hunts every so often.

The only time I see the series ending is if they run out of ideas, don't want to do it anymore, or they run out of countries to base regions on.

Silverio

Reaction score
There's two classes of legendary pokemon, "You've found the very last Tasmanian tiger. Congratulations!" and "Is that a billions of years old orca rain god? No It's good it's survived that long. We'll just leave it there in it's cave. Probably has some supernatural breeding process we don't understand yep. Would suck though if some extremists or a child would find this magnificent creature. Oh well, it's not like that would ever happen, right?"

Especially when you go by the NPCs that like gain legendaries under special circumstances. They're usually like the birds, beasts, golems, maybe a Cresselia but rarely the main story legendaries. Like maybe the people who managed to get them (Winona's Rayquaza and Fantinia's Giratina) either found eggs somewhere or bought them illegally from poachers. Maybe the league goes on egg hunts every so often.

The only time I see the series ending is if they run out of ideas, don't want to do it anymore, or they run out of countries to base regions on.
couldnt they make Ash become the winner then he deiced to go more adevtures in other regions

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Well of course Gen VIII is possible; it's even probable. Doesn't mean Yungoos will have anything to do with it, though.

Loving these ideas. Personally I always kind of assumed that the major Legendary Pokémon had their own unique way of breeding, and that they were only able to do it once every thousand years or so.

At least with the Winged Mirages and the Regi golems and such, we have seen that multiple sets exist in different areas. As it concerns Fantina's (rule-breaking) Giratina and Winona's Rayquaza, you could always argue that those were exclusive to a download tournament and could be non-canonical. But your answer is more fun.

Or if sales just tank completely.

Although as far as running out of countries goes, they could always start dividing them up by districts like they did for Japan. Or they could use mythical locations (the ever-popular Atlantis, for example), historical locations, or they could just make new ones up.

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
I always thought the legendary Pokemon were Gods in universe and that Everytime one is caught Arceus creates a new one and replaces it.

Peridorito

Space rock
Reaction score
I always thought the legendary Pokemon were Gods in universe and that Everytime one is caught Arceus creates a new one and replaces it.
What if Arceus is caught? Does Arceus create another Arceus? And can that Arceus create even more Arceus?

TheBioGuy

Teacher & Parent
Reaction score
What if Arceus is caught? Does Arceus create another Arceus? And can that Arceus create even more Arceus?
Three thoughts:
1- Arceus is a creator deity, not the supreme deity (who isn't a Pokemon?), so this non-Pokemon thing makes the new legendaries/Arceus/whatever.

2- the Pokemon "Arceus" we catch isn't proper Arceus, but rather an avatar of his in the Pokemon world. He can replace his avatar just fine, and is even amused when children catch it.

3- (in line with some great and intriguing theories I've seen around)- Unown is actually the pokegod. That is, the Unown collectively created the world, including Arceus. They created an Arceus in the HGSS event, after all. This may even be compatible with the last one, and ends up giving a great metaphor/symbol for the power of language.

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
The pre-screenings of the Volcanion movie are soon, right? There possibly be a new trailer after it revealing a new Pokemon, like with the Genesect movie there was a trailer that revealed Trevenant.

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
Answer below

Three thoughts:
1- Arceus is a creator deity, not the supreme deity (who isn't a Pokemon?), so this non-Pokemon thing makes the new legendaries/Arceus/whatever.

2- the Pokemon "Arceus" we catch isn't proper Arceus, but rather an avatar of his in the Pokemon world. He can replace his avatar just fine, and is even amused when children catch it.

3- (in line with some great and intriguing theories I've seen around)- Unown is actually the pokegod. That is, the Unown collectively created the world, including Arceus. They created an Arceus in the HGSS event, after all. This may even be compatible with the last one, and ends up giving a great metaphor/symbol for the power of language.
Also there isn't a single game arceus can be caught in without hacking all Arceus are gift events given to you. And maybe Arceus could create Arceus he can make multiple plakia and dialga. Plus I like the Unown theory too.

Silverio

Reaction score
Answer below

Also there isn't a single game arceus can be caught in without hacking all Arceus are gift events given to you. And maybe Arceus could create Arceus he can make multiple plakia and dialga. Plus I like the Unown theory too.
I dont think in the anime anyone will catch Arecus becuase why should they as it could cause some prombelms as trainer catching this God Pokemon will possible cause Chaos if it was being attack by trainer like it could go on rampage like the movie

Also being god he should be immortal but it could be possible maybe being god pokemon maybe they want to rest like pass away as it seen many years humans and pokemon have been evolving to make better world as it done its job. So it creates a egg to make new young Arecus to see the new world for itself to protect and keep balance on earth.

Vyrron

#TeamSword
Reaction score
I belive im allowed to ask this becuase this is thread about news meaning about anything correct?
No. This is the Pokemon Sun & Moon section, therefore this thread is about Sun & Moon news. There's a different section for anime discussions.

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Three thoughts:

I see it slightly differently - the Arceus is the Unown and the Unown are Arceus. The Unown are the "Thousand Arms" that it shapes the universe with. So they are a part of each other. The Arceus we "see" and interact with is probably a slight manifestation of their combined power. It's kind of like Zygarde: "Arceus 100%" would be all the Unown withdrawing from the universe to form a condensed body, which would probably destroy the fabric of reality.

Peridorito

Space rock
Reaction score
Well, technically, an event where you catch Arceus was planned, it just wasn't released. But yeah, I saw that post and all three theories makes a lot of sense.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Three thoughts:

Option 4- Legendary Pokémon aren't actually gods; they're just extremely powerful Pokémon that have been misinterpreted as such by ancient peoples.

Personally, it always seemed silly to me that a "god" would have the exact same biological and physiological behavior as, well, basically the equivalent to dogs and cats. They eat berries and vitamins and react the same way to them, they use Pokémon moves, are limited to four of them, they can learn from TMs and cannot forget HMs, they of course can be worn out and defeated by regular Pokémon... all this would be like meeting, for example, the Egyptian god Bast and then feeding her a cat treat.

Silverio

Reaction score
He not extremly powerful

He IS ALL POWERFUL POKEMON

He created Earth, Humans, and Pokemon thats really all power