• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • AussieEevee trains in the Bellsprout Tower on his journey through Johto. Watch as he ascends to the next level here.

Trailers and News Discussion

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
I predict we'll see the first two gym leaders. They actually didn't do as much with Team Flare pre-release as I expected them to and it's probably for the better. Focus on the world and the new pokemon unless you really have a lot you want to do with the story.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I predict we'll see the first two gym leaders. They actually didn't do as much with Team Flare pre-release as I expected them to and it's probably for the better. Focus on the world and the new pokemon unless you really have a lot you want to do with the story.
This. I'd like to see more info on the gym leaders. I'm not so much worried about the evil team.

When did we get the evo's for the starters for XY?

Reaction score
This. I'd like to see more info on the gym leaders. I'm not so much worried about the evil team.

When did we get the evo's for the starters for XY?
Not until close to launch I don't think.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
More news! We got potential for new stuff tomorrow and Sunday, and the 1st. I doubt Junichi Masuda will reveal any major secrets, but I can imagine seeing a different town, maybe a new Pokemon, or maybe a Gym Leader.

Space rock
Reaction score
I'm expecting at least 2 of the following:

• One or two new Pokémon
  • English names and gameplay of Nekkoala and Iwanko
  • Evil Team
  • One or two Gym Leaders

Dragon Pokémon
Reaction score
More news! We got potential for new stuff tomorrow and Sunday, and the 1st. I doubt Junichi Masuda will reveal any major secrets, but I can imagine seeing a different town, maybe a new Pokemon, or maybe a Gym Leader.
Got a source for the news coming tomorrow?

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Yeah, the World Hobby Fair. I figure by the way say 'finally', we'll probably see Masuda play Sun and Moon on the 26th, but either way, we still might see new stuff! Its possible though he could just play what was played at E3, though I hope not.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
News on the first of July? I think it is pretty cool that we got news before corocoro in this month and now next month. Hopefully it be new news.

The Paragon of Torna
Reaction score
Two megas that represent each game (like Camerupt and Sharpedo in ORAS), the evil team and the third legendary is what I'm expecting. It'll be really interesting to see the latter's typing.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
All the emphasis on Ash-Greninja lately, it makes me worried that Mega Evolution will become nothing more than an afterthought in Gen 7. Kind of how Triple/Rotation battles were highlighted more in Gen 5 and rarely seen in gen 6. That said, Triple/Rotation battles were kind of lame.

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
All the emphasis on Ash-Greninja lately, it makes me worried that Mega Evolution will become nothing more than an afterthought in Gen 7. Kind of how Triple/Rotation battles were highlighted more in Gen 5 and rarely seen in gen 6. That said, Triple/Rotation battles were kind of lame.
They can't get rid of Megas - they're "Pokemon". Semi-distinct, but still Pokemon and thus are meant to be infinitely marketed.

The anime has basically stated that Ash Greninja is basically on the level of a Mega Evolution except Ash passes out if Greninja does. So I'd expect a similar mechanic in the games. It's basically another form of Mega but if it faints, you loose the battle because the trainer goes down with it.

Of course, they could also just totally half-ass it and have "Synchro" be Mega Evolutions with a fancy new name and less drastic changes in each Pokemon that uses it.

Basically, I want them to reveal this feature ASAP because it could really screw up the series as a whole if not handled carefully.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Has the World Hobby Fair ever had anything major with a new Pokemon game?

For example with XY this is all we got:

During the World Hobby Fair today, there was a stage show that featured a battle between two players, each using three Kalos Pokémon (Froakie, Chespin, Fennekin, Gogoat, Helioptile & Noivern). There was also another battle, making it the first place to have seen Double Battles in Pokémon X & Y where another battle used Noivern, Spewpa, Lapras & Hydreigon VS Litleo, Talonflame, Charizard and Lucario. Within that battle, several minor details about the moves that certain Pokémon learn were revealed. Specifically in regards to classic moves that are in their learnset. As such, I have updated the pre-release Pokémon page with listings of the moves that are known for each Pokémon

Reaction score
Has the World Hobby Fair ever had anything major with a new Pokemon game?

For example with XY this is all we got:
There's some talk of Yungoos evolving only once and Grubbin evolving twice

To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Reaction score
I think this time we will definately get at least one Mega and maybe 3-4 new pokemon (including the two the Corocoro already revealed).

Energetic Ball Of Cuteness
Reaction score
I hope we learn about those stones on the main player's wrists also

Screenshot_20160624-235845.png volcanion fused with magearna anything to do with the stones?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Maybe July 1st they'll go ahead and reveal Grubbin's entire family, like how we knew Vivillon's rather quickly. It's the one Pokemon I'm the most interested in seeing how it evolves next to the Starters since it looks to become a cool beetle perhaps.

Dragon Pokémon
Reaction score
Anything revealed at the World Hobby Fair today?