• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I heard that the only new details we got was that Grubbin has two evolutions and Yungoos has one evolution. Kinda disappointed it was just an E3 rehash.
And that's not even really news since that was pretty obvious.

And that's not even really news since that was pretty obvious.

Eh... Doesn't make it guaranteed that Grubbin or Yungoos would have that many evolutions though. Especially since Grubbin could've had one evolution or split-evolutions.

Aside from that, at least we now know the existence of 23 or 24, if we're counting Yungoos' rival's evolution, Pokemon.

Why is nobody reporting anything about the demo? Are there videos? I can't find anything.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have not seen or heard of any videos. From what it sounded like, it was basically the same as what we got at E3

I would have liked to maybe see the dex numbers and entries for Yungoos and Grubbin.

I would have liked to maybe see the dex numbers and entries for Yungoos and Grubbin.
Well, they haven't given out their pokedex numbers yet(tough they'd probably be early in the dex since they appear to be the regional bug(grubbin)/normal type rodent(yungoos), but here's their pokedex entries:

Yungoos is a big eater that is never satisfied. The majority of its long body is given over to its stomach, and its digestion is swift, so it's always hungry. It has strong fangs, so it can crush and consume the hardest of objects. Each Yungoos chooses its own particular route for searching out prey. It stalks along this route searching for food until it's exhausted, at which point it drops and sleeps wherever it may be. It's thought that these Pokémon decide their routes based on safety, so that there's no risk in falling asleep at any time. Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region.

Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

(Source)

I realize that unless we hear about news from the Pokemon social media accounts and Junichi Masuda mentioning news, its obvious it'll just end up being a rehash of what we already know, or nothing at all. Five more days until some more news!

Well, they haven't given out their pokedex numbers yet(tough they'd probably be early in the dex since they appear to be the regional bug(grubbin)/normal type rodent(yungoos), but here's their pokedex entries:

Yungoos is a big eater that is never satisfied. The majority of its long body is given over to its stomach, and its digestion is swift, so it's always hungry. It has strong fangs, so it can crush and consume the hardest of objects. Each Yungoos chooses its own particular route for searching out prey. It stalks along this route searching for food until it's exhausted, at which point it drops and sleeps wherever it may be. It's thought that these Pokémon decide their routes based on safety, so that there's no risk in falling asleep at any time. Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region.

Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

(Source)

These are their descriptions from the official site, I meant their in-game dex entries of course. And yes they will be early in the dex because we've known that for about a month now.
It's not that I don't pay attention.

I have seen some pictures of Masuda playing the game at the fair, and while that seems to be the same part of the game I'd like to know if he said that Grubbin has two more evolutions or was if it shown.

Without photographic evidence to back me up, I've been told that it was shown in the dex that grubbin has two pokeballs that come after it, so it's being interpreted that Grubbin has two evolutions.

At least we get some news on the 1st. I love it when they give us dates to potential news so we have something to look forward to. There said to be news on the 3rd but I am not sure exactly.

The 3rd is just Pokenchi. Pokenchi never gives us any actual news it seems. They just rehash what we know already. The 1st though is the actual news that will be posted on the main Sun and Moon site, which I assume is going to be another 2 minute video.

Without photographic evidence to back me up, I've been told that it was shown in the dex that grubbin has two pokeballs that come after it, so it's being interpreted that Grubbin has two evolutions.
Okay but then we should also know its dex number like with Pikipek.

Back
Top Bottom