• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

It should be ~27 days until Corocoro leaks, assuming the next news comes from Corocoro first. However, to put things in perspective, SM were only announced 18 days ago, so we haven't even done 27 days yet! :p

Any news or trailer with at least some new info is good enough for me. A reveal of mascots would be great!

Every time a new gen turns around, they always release info differently. Yeah, this is frustrating. At least they confirmed that they will definitely release some info next month.

So shouldn't this be called The Lack of Trailers/News Discussion?
KIDDING!!!

It should be ~27 days until Corocoro leaks, assuming the next news comes from Corocoro first. However, to put things in perspective, SM were only announced 18 days ago, so we haven't even done 27 days yet! :p
WOW, only three weeks? It's felt like forever.

"The legend begins" could refer to something in the plot? But legendaries are most likely.
I'm not sure if this was a joke.... Or.... I mean..... "The legend begins" could refer to literally any game ever....

Every time a new gen turns around, they always release info differently. Yeah, this is frustrating. At least they confirmed that they will definitely release some info next month.
Yep, that is definitely reassuring. I don't necessarily agree that info is released differently, though I may be misunderstanding you. I think if you look at the order the info is released in, and what each piece of info is, then the info seems to be released pretty similarly most of the time.

Now, in a way, I think the fact that we're waiting more to get our first piece of actual info means we'll get less droughts between then and the time the games release. Recall that during XY, we had a few months of almost nothing at all, 3 or 4 IIRC. The "info stream" in XY began in January when it was announced, which is 9 months from October, when it was released. Now, assuming that they release about the same amount of info in about the same size each month (both of these assumptions can be argued against, but still), the info stream for SM will start in April (releasing names/announcing games, though they generate hype, does not really count as true info, or if it does, it's negligible), and worst case scenario the game releases in December (though i think I would be end of November), that is 8 months.
That means we'll have at least one month fewer without a drought, given the above assumptions. So hopefully that's true. Here's how I think it will play out:

April: Starters, Legendaries, some footage
May: drought (or perhaps more footage and graphics-related stuff)
June: Players art, "beginning of the journey" story related stuff, maybe some Pokemon
July: Some Pokemon, teases for whatever new features, a lot more footage with a region map
August: New feature is revealed completely (akin to mega evos in gen VI), other minor features (akin to Pokemon Amie)
September: drought (perhaps more footage or a few more Pokemon, specific details for new feature)
October: New evil team, some more plot stuff, a few more Pokemon, starter evos (not final stages)
November: More story stuff related to legends, a lot more footage, reveal a lot more pokemon (assuming there are many new Pokemon this gen to reveal...)
December: -

I think this is spread out well...?

EDIT: forgot about E3 in June, perhaps some July stuff will be in June instead

I think there's a high chance we'll get the box art legends next month. It's usually one of the first things they reveal.

Yeah, I think they're taking it slow because of how much info we got with Gen VI. We knew (almost) everything the last time around and I think that GF is trying to not repeat that mistake. It's frustrating to be sure but I think I'd rather have the news come out a bit slower than last time.
@Phoenixon: i'd bet that there's probably gonna be a demo at some point as well.
I hope there's a demo but I hope that it isn't like the one for ORAS. The way that one was given out was ridiculous and I don't want another like it. Just put it out on the eShop and we'll be okay.

And now we resume the wait until next CoroCoro. This isn't torturous at all.... :p

@Phoenixon: i'd bet that there's probably gonna be a demo at some point as well.

I hope there's a demo but I hope that it isn't like the one for ORAS. The way that one was given out was ridiculous and I don't want another like it. Just put it out on the eShop and we'll be okay.

I'd rather we not get another demo like the one for OR/AS... Just because it got datamined and pretty much everything was leaked. Something like X/Y at (I THINK) E3 or that one Japanese event is fine.

I think there's a high chance we'll get the box art legends next month. It's usually one of the first things they reveal.

And recent box legendaries have been revealed before Corocoro too: Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed in a site update/announcement, the Kyurem forms by Masuda on Smash/Sunday/whatever it was, Xerneas and Yveltal were in the Direct and of course ORAS were announced with their boxart in the video.

So if we are getting them next month I think there's a chance we'll see them before Corocoro, with them liking to reveal them themselves first.

if we are getting them next month I think there's a chance we'll see them before Corocoro, with them liking to reveal them themselves first.

I really hope this is the case. Anything that helps bridge the gaps between CoroCoro issues is very welcome.

I'm almost certain we'll get some sort of reveal/info before CoroCoro even happens. Probably like a site update of sorts, what exactly I'm not sure. Maybe a teaser, or something akin to Reshiram and Zekrom being added to the official site.

Is there still a pokemon Sunday type show? I remember right after XY they replaced it with something else. Does an iteration of it still exist to debut things like that?

Is there still a pokemon Sunday type show? I remember right after XY they replaced it with something else. Does an iteration of it still exist to debut things like that?

Yup. Pokenchi exists currently. Around 2-ish weeks ago one of the hosts tweeted a picture from an upcoming episode of the cast standing with Masuda, Ohmori, and Morimoto, so there's a good chance we'll hear something within the next few weeks.

I almost wonder if the demo will be like the ORAS demo, where you even get a chance to capture one of the Pokemon from the new game (Glalie from the demo for example), and maybe interact with the region champion.

Well, one can only dream. I think I want to know more about the region as opposed to the Pokemon contained within it.

I almost wonder if the demo will be like the ORAS demo, where you even get a chance to capture one of the Pokemon from the new game (Glalie from the demo for example), and maybe interact with the region champion.

Well, one can only dream. I think I want to know more about the region as opposed to the Pokemon contained within it.

XY had a demo where you got to ride a Gogoat and battle pokemon around route 4 in Kalos and talk to professor Sycamore, and I think battle him too, so it's not that farfetch'd.

Semi-related, but something was posted on Serebii about a milestone being reached; in the past 20 years, 201 million copies of the main series games have been sold. That includes the VC releases of RBGY.

Keep 'em comin' folks. We can only go up from there with S/M.(y)
While this is definitely something to be happy about, I need to point out to everyone here that though Pokemon is still making tons of money, game sales have been generally been decreasing since the very first games (with DP being an exception.)
I have to be the party pooper :(
But more seriously: it's OKAY. This has to happen. Nothing lasts forever. And that's a good thing. I want Pokemon to end, even.... Eventually... And by eventually I mean Gen XV..... Hopefully where we'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Pokemon.....

If the game sales decline, it still has it's pop culture power to fall back on. After all, Pokemon's right up there with the big guys like Mario, Zelda, and Sonic in well known game franchises that even people that don't know a thing about video games know about them.

The thing is they're not just going to flat out pull the plug on it just because there's a few low sales. That would literally be suicide for Nintendo and especially Gamefreak. I mean just look at the Sonic franchise. Despite all the crappy games they've been putting out, it's still managing to stay afloat for the past 25 years. The only conceivable way that they'd cancel pokemon is to pull some stupid shit like putting micro transactions in the main series games or do something else that the fans really don't like (*cough*ReBursts*cough*) causing everybody to boycott it.

Other than that Pokemon can theoretically keep going forever, especially with the inclusion of the alternate universe theory that ORAS mentioned. They could literally hit the reset button on both the current timelines (main and remakes) if they wanted to. Or just switch over completely to the remake timeline without the overlap.

Back
Top Bottom