• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

I'm still wondering if Bruxish is going to evolve into a terrifying Pokemon like Gyarados or Milotic.

I'm still wondering if Bruxish is going to evolve into a terrifying Pokemon like Gyarados or Milotic.

I wouldn't think so. Bruxish actually looks fairly usable; the whole gimmick with Magikarp and Feebas is that their base forms are supposed to be pathetic, but worth being patient with because in the end, you get Gyarados/Milotic.

Chrysalis is the name of a butterfly pupa. I'm not an expert on beetles, but Charjabug doesn't really look anything like a real beetle to me - I'm just going to keep assuming it's meant to resemble a battery. Though I suppose your explanation is correct in a roundabout way because Metapod, an actual chrysalis, is extra hard and rigid. ;)
For the record- be glad it doesn't actually look like a real stag beetle pupa. As a biology teacher and lover of some generally ugly creatures, stag beetle pupae are ugly, nigh unlovable. They look like horrifying eldritch slumbering godlets. This looks decently similar to some beetle pupae, but like, mashed up with a 9-volt battery.

For the record- be glad it doesn't actually look like a real stag beetle pupa. As a biology teacher and lover of some generally ugly creatures, stag beetle pupae are ugly, nigh unlovable. They look like horrifying eldritch slumbering godlets. This looks decently similar to some beetle pupae, but like, mashed up with a 9-volt battery.

*looks up*

... I actually think those look kind of cute. In a certain "I had to lower my standards because bugs generally wig me out" way, but still.

For what it's worth, the first thing that I thought of when I saw Charjabug was a LEGO piece.

Bruxish has a great ability tbh. Pursuit (SuckerPunch too?) won't have any effect on it, and that's just looking at the priority moves that will be super effective. I wonder how it will effect the meta, since if it has good stats it may became a favorable battler. Might just have to have on one my team, too!

So far I'm absolutely loving everything that's been revealed from Alola. The designs are great and seem to fit the atmosphere of where we'll be, the lore is interesting and unique for a Pokémon game, and we're getting lots of new types, mechanics, and gameplay options! Today's news only helps this fact.

Out of the all ones revealed today, it's hard to pick a favorite. I'm glad to see that Grubbin's evolutions do not disappoint, but I would have loved it by itself either way. Bruxish, as I've already said, is a very memorable water-type, which is always welcome after we got so many bland ones in Unova. Togedemaru is probably my favorite of the pika clones, but it does look a little too similar to Dedenne which is annoying since we just got it last Gen. Feels like the it would be a pre-evolution honestly. But aside from that there's also Drampa, which I love for it's goofy design and type, and Cutiefly is just adorable. I've been wanting a Bug/Fairy type since the type was revealed so I'm pretty happy to see that we got it - unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's stats will be amazing though. Will still probably use it in-game, of course. And last but not least, Tapu Koko lives up to the hype, which is always nice to see.

Overall, I'm really happy with what was shown today! Hadn't even been remembering we were getting news but it never hurts to see something new.

I need to know more about Cutiefly. I'm getting major Flabébé vibes off of it so I wonder if it'll evolve or if it's a standalone. I'm leaning toward the former.

But nothing can top Togedemaru, even if it's a cumbersome name for the little guy. I absolutely love its design. Much sleeker than Dedenne.

Much like Flabebe, I think Cutiefly is way too small to just be a standalone Pokemon. I remember thinking that when Flabebe was introduced and it did get two evolved forms. I could see Cutiefly getting at least one evolved form, although making it a three staged Pokemon sounds more likely to me at this point. Even though I haven't raised a Flabebe yet, I've heard good things about it and if Cutiefly could be like the Flabebe of this generation, then I'd be pretty happy. I want more awesome Fairy type Pokemon.

I hadn't even thought of that, but if Cutiefly does turn out to be anything like the Flabébé line I'd so be so happy. ;_; I used a Floette (preferred it's design over Florges) in XY and absolutely loved it so it'd be great to have similar results with Cutiefly!

Cutiefly looks a little too weak and simple to be left without any evolutions. I'm pretty sure it'll have at least one.
On the other hand I'm getting standalone vibes from Drampa and Bruxish. Plus we know Togedemaru is a standalone like all Pikaclones. I hope they don't introduce too many tbh, raising Pokemon that can evolve is always more fun.

Cutiefly looks a little too weak and simple to be left without any evolutions. I'm pretty sure it'll have at least one.
On the other hand I'm getting standalone vibes from Drampa and Bruxish. Plus we know Togedemaru is a standalone like all Pikaclones. I hope they don't introduce too many tbh, raising Pokemon that can evolve is always more fun.
I dunno, I'm getting noivern-style revealed-before-its-preevo vibes from drampa. And I super want bruxish to become the actually-terrifying anglerfish we've deserved since Skippy the dolphin with a lamp on its head swam into gen II. I mean, I love lanturn, but for real? Anglerfish look like death warmed over, and I for one will not rest until I see some more accurately ugly Pokemon!

I'm OK with Cutiefly evolving or not. But the fanarts of Nekkoala's supposed evolution scared the heck out of me. I seriously hope that Nekkoala like Meowstic is the final stage or a standalone instead of evolving into something bigger and ugglier. It's too cute for that.

Guess we expect some news around the 15th now that we got the news today early. Maybe corocoro would have stuff on other things like gym leaders since we got new pokemon today.

The official website isn't updated yet with the new pokemon. I wonder if they do it today.

I'm a bit confused: Isn't the video they uploaded yesterday the one we were waiting for today, July 1st?

I'm a bit confused: Isn't the video they uploaded yesterday the one we were waiting for today, July 1st?

Not exactly. The news were supposed to be released globally today at 10PM JST (like the previous news batches). The video that was uploaded yesterday for Japan may or may not be what we were supposed to get today. I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to release it early because of the leaks.

Even if it that was the video we still have the site updates to happen to coincide with the videos and they usually have bit more information like flavour texts and abilities and whatnot. So we'll probably get some new information at least, even if it's only minor.

I want to know what Cutiefly's abilities are! And Vikavolt's! pls don't be swarm

Back
Top Bottom