• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Trailers and News Discussion

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm so glad that we finally got English names for Iwanko and Nekkoala. Rockruff and Komala are cute names. I think pretty much all of the Pokemon revealed yesterday kept their Japanese names, so that's neat. It is kind of a shame that their plans for today were kind of messed up due to the leaks, but we still got more information on the Pokemon and their abilities. Vikavolt having Levitate is pretty cool, Berserk for Drampa sounds neat and we learned about Cutiefly's abilities too. More Pokemon news is always good in my book.

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
One thing I've liked about this gen so far is the consistency. Since the beginning of June (May, actually, oops) we've had a steady influx of reveals and trailers to look forward to.

Last edited:

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Actually its been since the beginning of May. In May, they revealed the starters and the Alola Region for us. Each month since May, they've been consistently giving us bits of news which has been great. Its nice to know we can look forward to stuff at the start of each month now, with Corocoro being the wildcard since it seems they either give us new stuff, rehash news, or nothing at all.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
If Gamefreak didn't start doing this, we probably wouldn't have known anything until June since that's when Corocoro had info on Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Rockruff, Komala, Professor Kukui, and the Alola Region.

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
We did learn that riding pokemon is back so it is not a total loss plus English names for the rock dog and Nekkoala was good. Glad to know that some of the new pokemon have more than one ability which gives us some options.

Desdar300

Reaction score
Apparently Core Enforcer can erase abilities if the opponent already used a move that turn

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
Actually its been since the beginning of May. In May, they revealed the starters and the Alola Region for us. Each month since May, they've been consistently giving us bits of news which has been great. Its nice to know we can look forward to stuff at the start of each month now, with Corocoro being the wildcard since it seems they either give us new stuff, rehash news, or nothing at all.
Ah yes! They revealed the starters/legendaries on May 10th. My bad.

I agree so much. Game Freak definitely "made up" for the initial lack of news during march and april.
I hope they keep it up, all of what they've shown is incredible.

On the flip side...I *do* hope they keep some secrets for us to discover in the game.

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Ah yes! They revealed the starters/legendaries on May 10th. My bad.

I hope they keep it up, all of what they've shown is incredible.

On the flip side...I *do* hope they keep some secrets for us to discover in the game.
Its already July and we have no idea of any gameplay mechanics besides RotomDex and the Battle Royale, no word on any characters like gym leaders and the evil team, and most of the gameplay trailers and Pokemon look to mostly be set on the first island. I think we have a looong way to go till they reach the point of showing too much

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
People seem to be moving onto Corocoro as our next chance for news, but don't forget that on 7th July at Japan Expo Masuda will be hosting a Master Class on the Pokemon series. We aren't guaranteed any sort of news from it, but at the Japan Expo in 2013 Masuda revealed Honedge so there's a chance something SM related could be shown.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Oh right. If he revealed a new Pokemon at the same time for X and Y, its possible he could reveal a new one here. Honedge was a pretty disappointing reveal though. I just do not like inanimate object Pokemon and hope for a minimum this generation. Maybe a tiki or a pineapple like Pokemon.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I thought Honedge was fantastic personally. Inanimate designs are generally a lot more interesting than just an animal + type imo. Since we have a lot of animal Pokemon so far for Alola, I wouldn't mind them revealing another inanimate object Pokemon (or one more monster-ish, like Glalie is) on the 7th tbh. Then again, we have a lot of new Pokemon already, so maybe a new character or feature would be a better reveal rather than drowning us in Pokemon so quickly.

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember being pretty disappointed with Honedge's reveal since it looked way too much like an item rather than a Pokemon. It grew on me after awhile and having such good evolve forms, especially Aegislash, but for the initial reveal, it was a bit disappointing. I don't mind inanimate designs, but something about Honedge didn't work for me at first. We'll probably get some kind of reveal on the seventh. I don't know if they'll reveal a new character or a feature over a new Pokemon, especially if the theory of August being the time when they'll reveal something big comes true, but at least we'll probably get something before CoroCoro.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Hopefully something on the 7th. I HIGHLY doubt we'll see anything new at all in a few hours since this IS Pokenchi, but the 7th is a possibility I think. Part of me thinks though that Corocoro will just be a recap though.

Arceus the Dragon

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Hopefully something on the 7th. I HIGHLY doubt we'll see anything new at all in a few hours since this IS Pokenchi, but the 7th is a possibility I think. Part of me thinks though that Corocoro will just be a recap though.
Recap of corocoro? Corocoro is after Pokenchi unless you mean last month's cococoro. It could be a recap of the news we got yesterday/Friday. Corocoro could contain news that has stuff other than new pokemon like gymleaders.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I meant this month's Corocoro could be a recap of the news we got Friday.

al_the_bard

Gloomstalker
Reaction score
I'm excited. I've already got my starter picked out and a couple of Pokemon already scouted for my team.