• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Actually its been since the beginning of May. In May, they revealed the starters and the Alola Region for us. Each month since May, they've been consistently giving us bits of news which has been great. Its nice to know we can look forward to stuff at the start of each month now, with Corocoro being the wildcard since it seems they either give us new stuff, rehash news, or nothing at all.

Ah yes! They revealed the starters/legendaries on May 10th. My bad.

I agree so much. Game Freak definitely "made up" for the initial lack of news during march and april.

I hope they keep it up, all of what they've shown is incredible.

On the flip side...I *do* hope they keep some secrets for us to discover in the game.

Ah yes! They revealed the starters/legendaries on May 10th. My bad.

I hope they keep it up, all of what they've shown is incredible.

On the flip side...I *do* hope they keep some secrets for us to discover in the game.
Its already July and we have no idea of any gameplay mechanics besides RotomDex and the Battle Royale, no word on any characters like gym leaders and the evil team, and most of the gameplay trailers and Pokemon look to mostly be set on the first island. I think we have a looong way to go till they reach the point of showing too much

People seem to be moving onto Corocoro as our next chance for news, but don't forget that on 7th July at Japan Expo Masuda will be hosting a Master Class on the Pokemon series. We aren't guaranteed any sort of news from it, but at the Japan Expo in 2013 Masuda revealed Honedge so there's a chance something SM related could be shown.

Oh right. If he revealed a new Pokemon at the same time for X and Y, its possible he could reveal a new one here. Honedge was a pretty disappointing reveal though. I just do not like inanimate object Pokemon and hope for a minimum this generation. Maybe a tiki or a pineapple like Pokemon.

I thought Honedge was fantastic personally. Inanimate designs are generally a lot more interesting than just an animal + type imo. Since we have a lot of animal Pokemon so far for Alola, I wouldn't mind them revealing another inanimate object Pokemon (or one more monster-ish, like Glalie is) on the 7th tbh. Then again, we have a lot of new Pokemon already, so maybe a new character or feature would be a better reveal rather than drowning us in Pokemon so quickly.

I remember being pretty disappointed with Honedge's reveal since it looked way too much like an item rather than a Pokemon. It grew on me after awhile and having such good evolve forms, especially Aegislash, but for the initial reveal, it was a bit disappointing. I don't mind inanimate designs, but something about Honedge didn't work for me at first. We'll probably get some kind of reveal on the seventh. I don't know if they'll reveal a new character or a feature over a new Pokemon, especially if the theory of August being the time when they'll reveal something big comes true, but at least we'll probably get something before CoroCoro.

Hopefully something on the 7th. I HIGHLY doubt we'll see anything new at all in a few hours since this IS Pokenchi, but the 7th is a possibility I think. Part of me thinks though that Corocoro will just be a recap though.
Recap of corocoro? Corocoro is after Pokenchi unless you mean last month's cococoro. It could be a recap of the news we got yesterday/Friday. Corocoro could contain news that has stuff other than new pokemon like gymleaders.

I'm excited. I've already got my starter picked out and a couple of Pokemon already scouted for my team.

I can understand why we don't get the stats along with the Pokemon. That's something that the more competitive players would care about more than just the casual players. While it would be easier to know ahead of time what the stats are, I don't think it would be something they think is necessary to bring up. It does add more surprises to the games too.

Does the Pokemon Company have some sort of deal with Coro Coro? I don't quite understand why they give some magazine exclusive news like that unless the Pokemon Company is making money from doing so.

Does the Pokemon Company have some sort of deal with Coro Coro? I don't quite understand why they give some magazine exclusive news like that unless the Pokemon Company is making money from doing so.
TPC isn't the one getting money. It's Corocoro. Simply put it, TPC pays corocoro to reveal official information on their games since that's serve as a good way to advertise their games through Japan.

They probably haven't released the stats because the game is still under development and stats can maybe change.

I don't mind not seeing the stats as long as we get to see new pokemon. I am just interested in the typing and abilities of the pokemon. Stats are okay but are not a requirement in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom