• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Trailers and News Discussion

like pepsi cola
Reaction score
My memory of past pre-releases is sketchy. If gym leaders have not been scrapped this time around, how many are usually shown in the run up to the games release? 1 or 2 I'm guessing?

And have they ever shown us the champion before the games release, or is that considered like a plot secret?

*Shivers*
Reaction score
My memory of past pre-releases is sketchy. If gym leaders have not been scrapped this time around, how many are usually shown in the run up to the games release? 1 or 2 I'm guessing?
Not sure about gen 5 and under, but they did show Viola and Korrina during XY's pre-release(in June and August respectively by Corocoro).

Last edited:
Reaction score
i recall Grant and Clemont also showing up during pre-release as well.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Yeah, Viola, Grant, Korrina, and Clemont were all shown in corocoro. I think it was the second or third major info dump for X and Y in Corocoro.

Reaction score

And have they ever shown us the champion before the games release, or is that considered like a plot secret?
Regarding Gen 5, we had Cilan and Lenora in August and Chili and Cress on September.

However B2W2 and ORAS were quite spoilerific in that regard, the former had the 2 new leaders on its first batch and the 2 redesigns on the second while the latter also showed a lot of redesigns around the halfway mark of its prerelease period.

Diantha and Ghetsis were revelated in the last issue of their prerelease periods, hiding their identities. Their counterparts Alder and Lysandre were saved for the release.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
We still have a few months to go before the release so there would be time to announce the gym leaders of Alola. Just hope one is a Dark user.

Space rock
Reaction score
My brief toughts on the recent new Pokémon:

Salandit is awesome and is going into my team.
Kiteruguma looks pretty dumb. lol
Mimikkyu is certainly interesting.

Pokemon Collector
Reaction score
The pink bear thing is definetly the bear hug pokemon (judging by the picture in the scan, of it hugging/crushing some wood)

the other thing is, in my opinion, game freak trolling us. Every generation since the first game, we've had a bad copy of pikachu, a pika-clone. So, now we have a bad copy of Pikachu! personally, i think its hilarious! :)

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
The pink bear thing is definetly the bear hug pokemon (judging by the picture in the scan, of it hugging/crushing some wood)

the other thing is, in my opinion, game freak trolling us. Every generation since the first game, we've had a bad copy of pikachu, a pika-clone. So, now we have a bad copy of Pikachu! personally, i think its hilarious! :)
Its actually a red panda due to its color pattern and tail and the fact that red panda are called cat-bears

Pokemon Collector
Reaction score
Its actually a red panda due to its color pattern and tail and the fact that red panda are called cat-bears
Oh cool. Thanks. I'm still gonna think of it as a giant plushie coming in to destroy us all with hugs, but thanks either way :)

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
A new Japanese trailer has just been released and I think we can confirm a few things from it.
-Eevee will not get a new Eeveelution sadly. It was shown in the Pokedex and it had 8 slots.
-Pokemon can now be groomed! That is so cute! I noticed someone washing Pikachu and blowdrying him.
-The bracelets SEEM like they apparently are used to power up attacks or something.
-Pokemon like Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo can be rode.

Here's the trailer View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q

Administrator
Reaction score
That trailer definitely caught my attention, particularly with how the bracelets seem to power up moves after the trainers do some kind of pose. That's kind of weird, but that does make it more likely that they'll expand on it during the next monthly announcement if the Japanese trailers are already including footage/hints of what the bracelets can do.

It also seems like the grooming bit with Pikachu is part of Pokemon Amie. The screen and the hearts after you tried off Pikachu's fur definitely reminded me of Pokemon Amie. I'm still waiting on Super Training and Dex Navi confirmation, but signs of Pokemon Amie are great too.

I'm not too surprised that Eevee didn't get a new Evolution. They already made a big deal about Sylveon in the previous generation, so giving the line a bit of a breather for now is okay. I'm sure that we'll eventually get another Eeveelution, especially if they want to make give it an evolution for every type out there.

Reaction score
Mimikyyu was also shown being traded.

Also, we can ride on Lapras and Sharpedo again!

Pokemon Amie is back too! :D

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Yay! Amie is back and more Nintendogs then ever!

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
I have come to think of it, I think we are going to have Kalos sequels instead of Kanto/Sinnoh remakes or sequels in this generation.

Besides I have read comments on FB which claim Nintendo already confirmed that there would be a new Eeveeloution. May it somehow be correct?

Reaction score
Besides I have read comments on FB which claim Nintendo already confirmed that there would be a new Eeveeloution. May it somehow be correct?
ah yes, FB comments. the most reliable of the sources. if Nintendo had said that Eevee is getting another evolution, somewhere other than FB would have heard of it by now. at any rate, Eevee's capture screen shows it with only eight other Pokeballs/relatives....so no new Eevee.

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Looks like the Bracelets are indeed for Soultimate moves ala Yo-Kai Watch!~

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Looks like Amie is back!! I'm so glad. That was my favorite feature from gen 6. Can't wait to see how much it's been updated.

Reaction score
Oh thank god, we're not getting some other contrived form-change thing. Not sure how they're going to make these power-up moves work, but I'm willing to wait and see what they have there.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Its also a good time to mention, but Professor Kukui studies Pokemon moves. This is definitely gonna tie into his research.