• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Trailers and News Discussion

Actually Your Boy Guzma
Reaction score
No, there were two different poses. One powers up moves, and the other pose had a symbol and did something unrevealed.

Actually, there were multiple different poses, which could do different things.

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
No, there were two different poses. One powers up moves, and the other pose had a symbol and did something unrevealed.

Actually, there were multiple different poses, which could do different things.
When u look at the last part you will see a wave pose i think its a symbol for water and the first pose looks exactly like an electric pose

I am very jealous of those kids in the trailer why do they have to play it first lol

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Oh thank god, we're not getting some other contrived form-change thing. Not sure how they're going to make these power-up moves work, but I'm willing to wait and see what they have there.
There'll probably still be a cosmetic change for some Pokemon like Greninja, but in terms of gameplay its looking like "Ash Greninja" is actually not a Mega Pokemon but a Greninja that's just using "Super Water Shuriken".

Sort of like how "Awakened Mewtwo" has little to do with the actual gameplay of Mega Mewtwo Y (IE - having two stones and a trainer to Mega Evolve).

Actually Your Boy Guzma
Reaction score
No, the poses that power up moves are different from this one.
synchropose.png
This seems like it's either a new Mega evolution symbol (doubtful, I'm sure they'd keep the same symbol) or something else entirely. I think it's synchro evolution.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I am glad to see riding on Lapras is back. Sharpedo is neat and I am surprised that you can ride on Tauros but cool nevertheless.

Reaction score
Look like riding Pokemon depend on some sort of key item. All the rideable Pokemon shown in the trailer have a set of seat on them.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Looks like no one has noticed this part yet?

Look closely.. I ringed something special :p

The dude on the end has no hat!

Also Synchro = super moves confirmed? Not too surprising since we managed to piece it together last week from that Pikachu screenshot, but good to see anyway.

Amie now has backgrounds of the routes? Just what I asked for in one of the other threads! They really are listening to feedback.. (So Parental Bond is being nerfed too then right, Game Freak?) :D

Reaction score
Urgh!!!! I hate all these teases. Give us the damn info already. I want details so bad so that I can gush about in my sleep.

Reaction score
Since it affects the earliest form of the starter Pokemon, I don't think the new power-up is evolution-related. Looks cool,though. And I really hope there's more variety in the Pokemon you can ride, because I always wanted to ride a Rapidash. I mean, come on, it should be obvious.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Gosh CoroCoro earlier, and this new trailer with all this stuff with the synchro attacks whatever they are!!! I'm so hyped! I just want more, I need more! These games need to be here!

From what I got from the trailer besides the big part with those new synchro attacks is that we can take off our hats and let our hair be free! So excited for that! So happy. Now all I need is some glasses!

Also looks like Eevee might not get a new evolution this time around. While it was featured quite a bit in the trailer, if you look closely when it's registered into the Pokedex, you will count eight pokeballs, representing it has 8 evolutions. So unless they change this before we get the games I don't think we'll be getting a new eevee. A little bummed, but honestly we've been getting so many great Pokemons that I don't feel too bad about it.

Stuck
Reaction score
No, the poses that power up moves are different from this one.
That scene doesn't seem to take place in a battle. It could just be a pose for getting a new gem or mastering a dance sequence (assuming we have to learn them).

The Outrage said:
Question is: Will these power up moves translate to competitive play? The bonuses in Amie didn't...
Those were luck-based.

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Dios mios, that trailer. Game is going to be off the hook and then some, holy crap. Some of the important stuff I noticed.
-Key stone slot on the bottom of the bracelet. I think Synchro Moves for each type will exist, while Synchro Megas will be activated when a Pokemon with a Mega Evolution uses one.
-For the love of god someone please translate the bottom screen menu. That is definitely not a badge case imo.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnNYxocVIAA7s-I.jpg:small
Also it looks to me that the last one is not the settings but a customization sub menu. It looks to have a mirror.
-Riding Pokemon and Amie upgrades are amazing. No generic background for Amie along with the grooming makes it feel more immersive.eanwhile having a saddle for Pokemon seema pretty cool, bit I guess that this limits it to large Pokemon.
-Overworld keeps on getting orettier and prettier. No need to starr how much I love how it looks, cause I have been gushing for months now.

Reaction score
There'll probably still be a cosmetic change for some Pokemon like Greninja, but in terms of gameplay its looking like "Ash Greninja" is actually not a Mega Pokemon but a Greninja that's just using "Super Water Shuriken".
Watch Ash Greninja actually just be Mega Greninja and Game Freak let the anime have it so that they can build up hype for the new move mechanic...

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Please tell me the translation actually reads badge case or SOMETHING! We have a way now to tell if we'll have gyms or now. I can see the Pokemon tab, items tab, Rotomdex tab, though I'm not sure what the others are.