• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

If the game sales decline, it still has it's pop culture power to fall back on. After all, Pokemon's right up there with the big guys like Mario, Zelda, and Sonic in well known game franchises that even people that don't know a thing about video games know about them.

Very true statement. If you look at ScrewAttack's Top 10 Video Game Mascots of all time, Pikachu landed in the number 3 spot behind Sonic and Mario (2 and 1 respectively). What does that mean? Not a whole lot in terms of absolutes, it does show how strong the Pokémon juggernaut has become when a group of 30 something year old Gamers put Pikachu as the 3rd most easy to recognize mascot in Video Game history. There is still a lot of momentum here and we also are going to try to generate new momentum in China with this release, potentially adding more longevity to the series. So long as Pokémon continues to grow with its audience and fans, it will be a long time before it disappears. Hell, one day Pokémon may be more well known than Sonic.

Here's to hoping!

The fact that Pokemon is the 2nd best-selling video game franchise of all time (though Call Of Duty will probably overtake that spot soon) is enough to show how huge it is. Hell, X & Y alone have already sold more copies than other well-known franchises. So yeah, despite sales slowly decreasing, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
This is a little belated, but having gotten the jist of what happened on Pokenchi today, it seems there was no news about Pokemon Sun and Moon, it mostly featured Machamp in Pokken Tournament, and the preview for next week doesn't look promising when it comes to news either.

Well, CoroCoro did say the news would be in April, would it not? Everyone's probably sticking to their guns there. The next airdate for Pokenchi would be next Sunday, right? Since it's still in March I don't expect much if anything - maybe a teaser for an announcement, but that's thinking optimistically.

Of course, in saying that, I've never watched Pokenchi...

Yeah it's probably going to air around Corocoro time. I'm not sure if things changed but the old shows used to be filmed around a month in advance.

The show during XY/ORAS's pre-release never really had any big news first (except the odd skit about Sylveon's typing to keep us going) which is why most people don't pay much attention to it anymore as Corocoro or official announcements always seemed to beat it to the punch for news. I expect it'll probably happen again here, but guess we can wait and see what happens.

I think that with the worldwide releases since XY, and with all the Internet accounts that GF and TPC has, they probably won't rely on the variety show as much anymore. I do think they'll show something in the episode with Masuda, Morimoto, and Ohmori though... I don't think that one's a coincidence.

Do you think we'll get anything from the upcoming Pokenchi episode ? We don't have its title yet and I think they didn't show a preview in the last episode.

Do you think we'll get anything from the upcoming Pokenchi episode ? We don't have its title yet and I think they didn't show a preview in the last episode.

I think if we see anything from pokenchi, it will be after the next coro coro to be honest.

They'll either wait until after CoroCoro and repeat whatever was revealed there maybe with some added footage or a trailer, or they'll air the episode the week before CoroCoro and tease the upcoming reveal with silhouettes or something.

From looking at the calendar I think the only day we can expect Pokenchi to reveal anything earlier than CoroCoro is April 10th. That's the weekend before it comes out and actually lines up with the recording schedule. I may be wrong, but in the past episodes have been filmed about a month in advance (at least for the past versions of the show). The 10th would be about a month after the filming so it makes sense for that to be the day. Otherwise the episode I think will happen on the 17th after CoroCoro comes out.

Considering so far all we got were logos, production art, and one new pokemon without textures, I kind of doubt they'd show two small soundless clips in the style of that Terrence and Philip preview from South Park. Especially since this isn't a remake and it's a new set of main games. For main games they usually show a supercut of at least four or five different beta clips with the intro or battle music over them. Plus they also show the starters (silhouettes or not) and maybe, if they follow XY, the trainers and box legendaries.

I for one am still holding out hope that they'll give a little more than they have already. Even if they do show dynamic text with two small clips without any sound it'll still be more footage from the game than what we have now (some bird's framework).

Last edited:
I remember when the first OR/AS "footage" was released, which was just pre-rendered footage of Groudon and Kyogre that wasn't even IN the game, it was not even a trailer, just them saying "Oh, we're making Gen 3 remakes! Wait another month or so for actual information trololololol!" and I remember how disappointed I was.

Hopefully they won't actually do that again and force us to wait even longer for actual footage. I mean, I wanna see the player characters, the starters, the legendaries, etc., I really just want the basic essentials so that we have at least something to work with other than the logos, the out-of-focus concept art, and Magearna, some actual in-game stuff than just an event Pokemon that's not available through normal play and only available through DLC.

Back
Top Bottom