• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

Not sure what islands they would cover for next month but I am glad they are going to release info that isn't just new pokemon. We can get new pokemon in a different source at an earlier date like we did this month and last month. That way, corocoro can focus on the Alola region stuff.

You guys realize there are real single-celled organisms that move despite not having any higher brain functions, right?

There's even real unicellular organisms that come together to become multi-cellular "in times of crisis", which in the slime mold's case, is when food becomes scarce:

When food is in short supply, many of these single-celled organisms will congregate and start moving as a single body. In this state they are sensitive to airborne chemicals and can detect food sources. They can readily change the shape and function of parts and may form stalks that produce fruiting bodies, releasing countless spores, light enough to be carried on the wind or hitch a ride on passing animals.

Last edited:
Is there not more info from CoroCoro? We got the early-leaked two-page spread on those Pokemon, but it seems possible there might've been something else in that issue. If nothing else, Bulbapedia would benefit from better scans.

Is there not more info from CoroCoro? We got the early-leaked two-page spread on those Pokemon, but it seems possible there might've been something else in that issue. If nothing else, Bulbapedia would benefit from better scans.
The rest was on the Pokémon we had learned about since last CoroCoro. And since it wasn't spread around all that much I'd assume it had nothing new.

Is there any type of berry that moves? I don't think so.

In fairness, it could be the wind, though that's not to say I think it's a berry either. Berries probably don't have the ability to fade anyway. d:

Should we have even expected anything more? No. Its Pokenchi. If we learned anything from March, its that Pokenchi will never have any significant new content.

Excuse you, their clip with Kukui and his Rockruff was very significant D:<

Jokes aside, it was actual new footage, so they do show new content sometimes.

The Sunday morning shows haven't been as good in recent years as they were during the BW and BW2 days. That said I think people hold them at a higher standard then they should. Back in the day they DID seem to show off more relevant info and more frequently, but I think we all have to accept that the show is meant for a younger audience that doesn't necessarily keep up with the regular news. So they will mostly show stuff that we've already shown. With THAT said they do tend to show new stuff even in the current iteration. It's just people tend to over hype. We've never been told they were gonna show something and then have them not show anything. That goes for CoroCoro too. Leaks have basically ruined our abilities to be excited about anything. Just remember that if it leaks it would still be new technically. Also Pokenchi really isn't the best place to expect a great amount of news lol

I think a Cell gathering side-quest would be interesting honestly. Only once you gather enough you can have 10% Zygarde? Or do you have to capture 10% and more cells you have can cause the transformation. There's still a lot that's unclear when it comes to 10%, 50%, and Complete Form.

Honestly, I think the green thing is most likely a leaf. It just seems like the most straightforward possibility. Leaf falling animations often look like that. That being said, Pokémon has been known do have little hidden things and whatnot, so it is still possible for it to be a cell or something. On the same strain, remember how they hid the image of the secret base indentation during pre-ORAS until the made the full reveal? They even edited an image to remove the spot. So on the topic of a new Eeveelution, I think it's still possible that they might have one and simply haven't chosen to reveal it. They could even be planning it as a relatively large reveal later on, So they might have added the image of Eevee's possible evolutions lead people astray.
Either way, I'm looking forward to the next tidbit we get.

On the same strain, remember how they hid the image of the secret base indentation during pre-ORAS until the made the full reveal? They even edited an image to remove the spot.

As it happens, no, I don't remember this at all. If I recall correctly, the inclusion of Secret Bases was actually "confirmed" by a picture of the player and Steven facing the invisible Kecleon on Route 120, where the indentation was plainly visible, and said picture came out before they formally revealed the feature.

Shoot, does anybody keep detailed timelines of this stuff? I'll probably start.

As it happens, no, I don't remember this at all. If I recall correctly, the inclusion of Secret Bases was actually "confirmed" by a picture of the player and Steven facing the invisible Kecleon on Route 120, where the indentation was plainly visible, and said picture came out before they formally revealed the feature.

Aye, that's the one I mean. But if I remember correctly the indentation was removed from the image not long after it was leaked, as if they were trying to hide it's existence.

I think a Cell gathering side-quest would be interesting honestly. Only once you gather enough you can have 10% Zygarde? Or do you have to capture 10% and more cells you have can cause the transformation. There's still a lot that's unclear when it comes to 10%, 50%, and Complete Form.
why would we gather Cells though? Zygarde's lore thus far indicates that it can control and "summon" the cells. if anything, we'd be gathering Cores.

why would we gather Cells though? Zygarde's lore thus far indicates that it can control and "summon" the cells. if anything, we'd be gathering Cores.
Cells are scattered throughout the region though. The Cores might just join us at some point in post game and possibly one from Lillie.

Back
Top Bottom